Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see a remake on ps5, hopefully they have new dubbing on the characters but not reuse the old voice.

If so they have got to bring back David Hayter for Solid Snake.

I would like to see Kiefer Sutherland do Naked Snake in MGS3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never accept anyone else other than David Hayter as Solid Snake

I wouldn?t mind if they even used the original recordings from MGS1

Yup, MGSV was a mess of a great game. I think technically the conclusion of MGSV and the beginning of Big Boss would be Metal Gear.

There?s this video, I?ll have to dig it up, that explains in detail what exactly happened to Kojima and how he got fired from Konami, they did him dirty, but Kojima expressed intent in filling in a lot of back stories for characters like solidus, raiden, we all know Venom is the big boss decoy from the first Metal Gear NES game, but MGS5 was supposed to lead into those games.

Maybe that was the failure all together they should have finished the entire game, then worried about the DLC later, because you guys are right, part of me wonders what the complete game would had been like, but we will never know. Seems like Konami would rather milk the Metal Gear Franchise than sow new ones, and MGS5 will still exist. Imagine if they ever reconciled.

Same here. No one can do Solid Snake better.

You do know you can find David on Cameo and have him do a video as Solid Snake? Freaking cool AF!!! One of the last missing pieces in this post Kojima world to hear his voice as solid snake hahaha you can preview his videos to other customers, so freaking worth it for 75$(CHEAP believe me) https://www.cameo.com/guyversnake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't want Kojima near a Metal Gear game for the moment.
I also cannot trust Konami as they are ****ing all their ips up with pachinko ****...
Let's remind everyone that Kojima used some of the funds for MGSV to promote another game, a teaser called Project PT, that we all know to be a Silent Hills teaser.
That, was illegal because it was done without Konami's consent.
Kojima also used those funds to advertise TPP when he could have used those for the actual game.

Also what the **** was Konami doing? Separating the project leader to the team?

Both the company and Kojima have their own share of responsability toward that infinished turd that TPP is.
Did they really think that a dumbed down MGS2 message would please anyone?

Even the story was lackluster and you could feel that Kojima was uninspired with this "Vocal Cord Parasite" thing.

This game is hurting me so much because I feel insulted by it.
I wanted to love "Venom Snake" but the whole "you're the player, you're Big Boss in a way but naaah you're not Big Boss" felt really insulting to me, because I knew it way before playing the game.
Where are Frank Jaeger, Sniper Wolf?
Even the official 1/12 scale figure merchandising gave me a Phantom Pain as we only got that awful Venom Snake revoltech, and that was it.

Everytime I go back to the game, I just feel sad...and hurt.
Though, I must admit one thing, the gameplay was fun...

And there, you'll see that their next Metal Gear will be a gacha game =)

Freaking gacha games speaking of which

Metal gear solid confirmed to be on gog.com for the time being release

It was just confirmed that MG1, MGS1 and MGS2 are on gog.com right now for purchase. However, these are nothing more than the same lackluster PC ports from 2000 and 2003 tweaked to run on modern hardware and I would highly suggest not getting them because how poor they look compared to the PS1/PS2 originals.

MGS2 on PC was infamous for being ugly with missing effects so unless you have absolutely no other way to play MGS1 and 2 and don't mind the botched visuals, get the PS1/PS2/PS3/PS Vita versions instead.

It was just confirmed that MG1, MGS1 and MGS2 are on gog.com right now for purchase. However, these are nothing more than the same lackluster PC ports from 2000 and 2003 tweaked to run on modern hardware and I would highly suggest not getting them because how poor they look compared to the PS1/PS2 originals.

MGS2 on PC was infamous for being ugly with missing effects so unless you have absolutely no other way to play MGS1 and 2 and don't mind the botched visuals, get the PS1/PS2/PS3/PS Vita versions instead.

So this is what came of those PC rumours. What a shame.

I?m also hoping that the remaster and rerelease rumours didn?t spawn from the same board classification news piece

So this is what came of those PC rumours. What a shame.

I?m also hoping that the remaster and rerelease rumours didn?t spawn from the same board classification news piece

Same here. I think all these rumors started from reddit. Which has me concerned lol..

Seriously....Konami never fails to disappoint ever since they changed the CEO ( and which was the whole reason Kojima left)...
Can't Konami just die as a corporation, or be rebought by some companies that actually care about gaming?

Honestly, I don't care much about the game remake by Konami.
At this point, all I want is decent looking 1/6 scale Snake figure from 1 and 2

Yeah man, that's all I'm asking for at this point. Konami has long since fallen from grace. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will buy them or their franchises out.

At this point I almost wish they wouldnt. They wouldnt be able to capture that nostalgia MGS1 and 2 had.

A decent 1/6 Solid Snake is what we all ask for. Id love to see someone like Lim or Dam do MGS1-4.

Yeah man, that's all I'm asking for at this point. Konami has long since fallen from grace. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will buy them or their franchises out.

I keep hoping Sony buys them out. Theres money to be made with these franchises.

Honestly I am so happy to get the freaking PC port on GOG.com and I don?t care, right now it?s better than nothing, Even trying to get this to run on modern hardware is a bit hard but at least they made it a bit compatible to an extent.

You are right Sony should buy the rights, Maybe the rumors about the upcoming game are true but we will see.

I got blindsided by this release also, I though the PC was an HD port but then saw a news article about IGN saying they were available today and to be honest, this franchise besides Hitman is the only one that will make me buy the rights for these games in an instant, been waiting since 2009 for this to happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know, it's kind of funny how the original releases are still superior in quality. And if recall correctly, the surround sound quality for the HD Collection was a massive downgrade compared to the PS2 releases of MGS 2 and 3, right?

I?m not sure Sony buying Konami is a good idea, I want Metal Gear games on PC, not on the freaking PS5.

Hey guys, im selling off a few of my old video game collectables and just found my old Medicom Real Action Heroes Raiden and Snake(camo version with croc cap).
What is the average price for these? I tried looking online but couldn't mind anything for Raiden and only a few for snake

You know, it's kind of funny how the original releases are still superior in quality. And if recall correctly, the surround sound quality for the HD Collection was a massive downgrade compared to the PS2 releases of MGS 2 and 3, right?

Yeah you're right the HD Collection had some audio downgrades over the originals. The PS2 versions are still offer the best experience although it's completely reasonable to see how most people will find it impractical to dig up their PS2's lol.

Whatever you do though, steer clear of these PC ports as they were always horrible and you'd be doing a massive disservice to just how beautiful MGS1 and 2 still looks today.

EDIT: Someone made a PSA video, they're even worse than I remember lol!

Yeah you're right the HD Collection had some audio downgrades over the originals. The PS2 versions are still offer the best experience although it's completely reasonable to see how most people will find it impractical to dig up their PS2's lol.

Whatever you do though, steer clear of these PC ports as they were always horrible and you'd be doing a massive disservice to just how beautiful MGS1 and 2 still looks today.

EDIT: Someone made a PSA video, they're even worse than I remember lol!

That's hilarious :lol. They could've at least updated the menus, and called it the "PC Exclusive Edition" to make them look less trashy.

Back