Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I have on MGS right now is Grey Fox and Solid Snake Play Arts Kai figures right now but those should hold me till they get replaced cuz the paint apps are not that great to be honest

I got REX! I will have pictures up tomorrow.

To anyone who already has it, do you know the proper way of removing the railgun? I want to display it BD version and I'm afraid to break it! :slap

Man... hopefully, the railgun attachment isn't a permanent fix. If no one replies here, I'll ask on the ThreeA forum for you. I'm curious myself.

Man... hopefully, the railgun attachment isn't a permanent fix. If no one replies here, I'll ask on the ThreeA forum for you. I'm curious myself.

It'd be extremely risk to try and remove it. That's why I haven't attached it yet (not sure if I'll keep Rex)

It'd be extremely risk to try and remove it. That's why I haven't attached it yet (not sure if I'll keep Rex)

That would really suck if you can't switch between the MGS 1 and MGS 4 modes. Considering the fragile radome joint, faulty light switches (that seem to be a common complaint on the ThreeA forum), and now a tightly attached rail gun - I'm kind of glad that I didn't receive this too early. At least I know what to look out for :monkey1.

By the way, does your REX have an issue? Or are you considering to let it go, because you got tired of it?

Very much would appreciate that man, I'm afraid to really put force into pulling it. The instructions are pretty thin and it's not as detailed as I would like.

Hands-on Impressions Plisken?

My biggest issues that his bottom jaw is slightly crooked and his mouth does not close all the way, like there is a slight gap between the upper and lower jaw. Although in a few reviews I've seen I think it's a common flaw.

I haven't had a chance to use batteries yet since I don't have any, but it takes AAA and I believe I need 6 altogether to turn the head and railgun on.

The most annoying thing on the figure is the removable panel that is on it's chin, it falls off CONSTANTLY and does not snap in. A few panels are like that, such as the missile hatches on the knees.

I removed the panels off the left leg when I was trying to do a BD version (but the railgun issue came along) and one of the panels had gooey paint on it, it appears dry now but it's not a smooth finish :slap

The most dangerous thing to do with this thing I think is extending out the legs along the shins since it literally snaps out and jostles the entire figure. I heard a piece fall of and I thought I broke something, here it was just one of the loose snap on smoke canisters for the knees.

Someone on here I believe had broken the nub that attaches the antenna to the radome, it's not too difficult to finally get it on, just use 180 degree friction back and forth and the paint will thin out and it will slide on.

Another big problem is the rail gun arm on the right side. It CANNOT STAY UP! The weight of the rail gun makes it tumble down constantly, you really need to fuss with it and get a balancing point for it to not fall down. A lot of video reviews I've seen all look like they can't stay up too.

All in all though it's a great piece and much much bigger than I actually thought it was. It's basically packaged like a tank but I would of appreciated a layer of protection between the shipper box and the actual box. I would very much suggest getting it since you will never see one of this size at least for a very very long time. I honestly can't see it being scaled any larger than this, it would just be retarded at that point :lol

I was going to put RAY next to REX but it's taking up way too much room as it is now and I don't think I can swing it.

Also, the Snake pilot sucks and was not worth this extended wait. It feels very cheap and it's not even fully accurate to Old Snake's tactical vest, and it does not have the drop down leg holster either.

I will put up pics tomorrow but I warn you I have a terrible camera :gah:

As an update: I've gotten quite a few replies. It doesn't look as if anyone has figured out how to remove the railgun from REX LOL. One member on ThreeA said that he removed it, but it took a lot of force, and he's not doing it again out of fear of breaking the arm mechanism.

That would really suck if you can't switch between the MGS 1 and MGS 4 modes. Considering the fragile radome joint, faulty light switches (that seem to be a common complaint on the ThreeA forum), and now a tightly attached rail gun - I'm kind of glad that I didn't receive this too early. At least I know what to look out for :monkey1.

By the way, does your REX have an issue? Or are you considering to let it go, because you got tired of it?

My Rex came perfect. An overall awesome piece. I still need to check the light-up feature on the body though (the rail gun works fine)

It's just that I'm a Marvel collector mostly and I definitely lack room for him. Rex is huge and not easy to display.
For now I'll just store him and decide what to do with him later.

As an update: I've gotten quite a few replies. It doesn't look as if anyone has figured out how to remove the railgun from REX LOL. One member on ThreeA said that he removed it, but it took a lot of force, and he's not doing it again out of fear of breaking the arm mechanism.

Figures, I guess I'm stuck with leaving it on since it's pretty flimsy already. I really appreciate the help Solidus since I was searching everywhere and I couldn't get a clear answer, that and I'm still banned from 3A haha.
Massive flood of pics incoming, I think I need to break it into two posts. I apologize for the dirty mirror in the background, I cleaned it after this photoshoot.

Wasn't sure to just post regular pics or the pics I had taken with flash, so here's both.

DSC09344.jpg

DSC09345.jpg

DSC09346.jpg

DSC09347.jpg

DSC09348.jpg

DSC09349.jpg

DSC09350.jpg

DSC09355.jpg

DSC09357.jpg

DSC09358.jpg

They couldn't be any worse than my other camera before I got this new phone Plis. You took a lot of bad *** pictures next to your backwards compatible fat ps3!

Sent from the Shell by codec.

They couldn't be any worse than my other camera before I got this new phone Plis. You took a lot of bad *** pictures next to your backwards compatible fat ps3!

Yep! It got the yellow light of death about 6 months ago and I got it repaired, I cannot have the backwards option taken away from me! :clap
To be honest with you you took the type of pictures that I wanted to see

I appreciate that, I didn't mess with the legs much but I tried to get him from every angle and I put some figures in for scale. As I said, he's much bigger than I actually thought.

The smell from the box (pardon the pun :lol) well knock you over. They must of used very powerful paints on it. My proxy who bought it for me is a 3A vet and he warned me before hand how much it will reek.

Pretty cool pics, SP!

Have you tried and figure out why the mouth won't close completely? Might be an easy fix

Back