Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I remember seeing it like a year ago at least on eBay for 100$ plus. Not too bad but now their extinct. I'm definitely not passing on the Red Gray Fox. I got my 2nd Fox showing up today so I can have the basic pose with the sword. And the other will be the plasma rifle arm with the extra head included in the Red version.

I almost want to pick up ANOTHER one just so I can flip it next year, same for Snake which I am finally getting tonight. I couldn't wait for BBTS but I'm keeping the pre-order so when I get the BBTS Snake I can leave it in the package which I never do, I open everything.

Big Boss is supposed to be built like Schwarzenegger while Solid is supposed to be built like Van Damme:

The Solid PA Kai is too built while the Big Boss PA Kai is not built enough. They should've switched builds.

though id add some more comparisons. Heres MGS3 concept art:
bd3c889c8dbee518168f.jpg

and solid snake:
mgs-solid-snake.jpg

I just hope they do the MGS2 figure closer to the in-game looks:

091511_mgshd_01.jpg

That's from the HD book isn't it? That MGS3 art in there is awesome. Sucks they never did a "Art of MGS3", we really missed out on greatness.

Yeah i was trying to find art online to no avail and took a pic of mine.
I read in an interview with Shinkawa that they wanted to make an at of MGS3. They were gonna get the same designer who made MGS1 and 2 artbooks but he died when they were gonna do it. so they never got round to making it.

Not a real reason i know :(

Is the artbook that came with the HD set worth getting? I have the art books for MGS1, 2 and 4...but I heard this has MGS3 (obviously) and Peace Walker concept art.

The japanese one is better cause it includes MGS1 artwork. It has some never released Artwork from MGS2 and 3 which is cool.

I would suggest getting it if you want to complete your artbook collection, but make sure you get it at a decent price.

Im hoping for more artbooks down the line with Huge pages like Ashley Wood does

The MGS1 and 2 artbooks are must haves. I would buy em again if they didn't cost soo much nowadays lol.

Thought id post a crappy pis of my PA Kais

6b8308dc46a1ab1a94f5.jpg

tried to recreate the TwinSnakes scene

Just got MGS1 Snake in the mail. Loose joints out the ass. Mainly the center torso ball. I will probably used super glue or sandwich wrap to tighten it up. The SOCOM silencer is slightly bent but not bad and he has a paint defect on his right knee pad. Other than that I'm happy with it, just can't stand on his own.

Snakes quality is amazing, but Fox sculpt is better which makes them equal to each other lol.

Although it didn't before that much, Snakes headsculpt and bulk really bothers me. I guess its cause i associate him with the PS1 version soo much, i really want a figure that represents him in that game similar to what Mcfarlen did with masterchief:

20633d1310732586-halo-anniversary-collection-1mcevolved.jpg

Im planning to make an PS1 Snake sculpt for my PlayArts fig when im free, what amerial should i use?

The MGS1 and 2 artbooks are must haves. I would buy em again if they didn't cost soo much nowadays lol.

Thought id post a crappy pis of my PA Kais

6b8308dc46a1ab1a94f5.jpg

tried to recreate the TwinSnakes scene

I see you managed to get your hands on the Art of Yoji Shinkawa! I collected all three books last year, but it certainly wasn't cheap. The shipping price was as much as the individual cost of the books themselves :lol :monkey2.

Your figures are looking great guys, I'm going to pick up those two when I get a chance.

I'm going to track down that art book, because like you guys said they are must haves, I have the other three and would like the art for MGS3, as I mainly use these as references for customizing the characters and they are great for figuring out exactly what gear they have and stuff like that.

Your figures are looking great guys, I'm going to pick up those two when I get a chance.

I'm going to track down that art book, because like you guys said they are must haves, I have the other three and would like the art for MGS3, as I mainly use these as references for customizing the characters and they are great for figuring out exactly what gear they have and stuff like that.

Yeah it was definitely worth an extra 10 bucks at retail price. Now it's going for what 200$? The watercolor (I think it's watercolor) on the character establishments is awesome, looks like the same technique for the MGS4 artbook.

You can buy the artbook alone for cheap still if thats all your wanting. goodluck

So just to check, this is from the PAL edition HD collection art book?
Actually its the American version. Both books are identical, the only difference being that the hardback part of the book is a couple millimeters bigger in the Euro version for no reason.

@ solidus
I still have to payoff my large hall from celga before i get my ___ version :S
I found the US version cheap on ebay by luck when it was sold out everywhere :)

bd3c889c8dbee518168f.jpg

and solid snake:
mgs-solid-snake.jpg

091511_mgshd_01.jpg
Am I the only one that can't see the last 2 pictures unless I quote this post so I can see the links and load the images manually?

and solid snake:

Am I the only one that can't see the last 2 pictures unless I quote this post so I can see the links and load the images manually?

Yeah I found the art book separately for about $40 on eBay, I don't need the whole package, just the book. Like I said I use it more as reference material for 1/6 projects than for any collectible value, my other art books are pretty beat to ____.

Yeah I found the art book separately for about $40 on eBay, I don't need the whole package, just the book. Like I said I use it more as reference material for 1/6 projects than for any collectible value, my other art books are pretty beat to ____.

Great illustrations in there. Consider it a steal for 40$. The other books, especially the MGS2 book goes for 100$+ usually.

Back