Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Solid Snake PA Kai really come with 'eye bags' or the 'zombie face' on all releases? :dunno

Would've liked a better facesculpt than that.. I'm not buying the ones on retail here locally, until we get the 'new' stock with allegedly non-zombie face.

Yeah I got the horrible paint job version with slightly crossed eyes that my girlfriend pointed out. Square is fixing a 2nd batch of them? I wasn't aware. Glad I decided to keep my pre-order with BBTS since this one I snagged on eBay.

Overall I like it besides the slightly bent silencer and loose torso joint which I will try to remedy tomorrow with sandwich wrap.

PA Kai is notorious for their low Quality Control standards. I got a beheaded Naked Snake Sneaking Suit, good thing the head just pops in like a normal 1/6 figure, so there were no issues.

I posted on here and in the PA Kai thread about my issues with my Naked Snake (loose crotch/brief, where there's a gaping hole in between abs), but was able to sell it and buy a new one. :clap

I'm considering flipping mine once BBTS gets their shipment in June. I just got my 2nd Gray Fox in the mail, no big issues just the same tiny scuffs the first one had. Quality control is their only issue with their Kai lines.

I got the 2nd one so I can have it with the gun arm and the open mask head once the Red Ninja comes out.

Ah, that'll be great on display. :clap

The Gray Fox exclusive is a milker, because the unmasked headsculpt is really for the other version. :slap

:exactly:
You can buy the artbook alone for cheap still if thats all your wanting. goodluck

Actually its the American version. Both books are identical, the only difference being that the hardback part of the book is a couple millimeters bigger in the Euro version for no reason.

@ solidus
I still have to payoff my large hall from celga before i get my ___ version :S
I found the US version cheap on ebay by luck when it was sold out everywhere :)

Thank you. :)

Ah, that'll be great on display. :clap

The Gray Fox exclusive is a milker, because the unmasked headsculpt is really for the other version. :slap

I mean, its a ____ move to do that to the consumers but a great move because they know everybody who got Gray Fox will definitely go in for the Red Gray Fox too.

I have the two Fox's and Snake displayed now. I will take a shot of them tonight.

Snake's eyes really are weird, they do look slightly crossed.

I really want that open mask, but ____ paying soo much for the red Fox variant. I think Snakes eyes are suppose to look like that, but ill see when you take a photo.

The only other thing that bugs me about snake is the strange way they made that sling for the Famas. Wtf, how are you supposed to put it over his back without pulling the head off first and why not make it removable?

also putting the famas in his hand is a pain

Were you able to put his FAMAS sling on him? There is no way, like you said, to do it without taking his head off. I will take headsculpt shots and a group shot with the two Ninjas.

I will probably end up buying another ninja, and another Snake since I might flip the one I got.

EDIT: Any suggestions on how to tighten the the torso joint? He is a little flip floppy. I don't want to use nail polish or glue. I had the fact I need something to keep it stable >_> which is why I will probably get 2 more...

Last edited:
Sorry about those eyes man :(. Have your tried contacting Square Enix? Maybe they can do an exchange for you.

I'm considering flipping it anyway, mainly because of the loose torso joint. That's actually a bad representation of the eyes. If you see it in person straight on you can see it, it's not terrible though. I might wait on BBTS and order two.

I'm considering flipping it anyway, mainly because of the loose torso joint. That's actually a bad representation of the eyes. If you see it in person straight on you can see it, it's not terrible though. I might wait on BBTS and order two.

I hope you disclose to your purchaser about the loose torso.

I hope you disclose to your purchaser about the loose torso.

Yeah bro. Otherwise, these sellers will get away with selling these unwanted copies.

This (zombie face) is the reason I am still without a Solid Snake. Waiting for better-sculpted ones. :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably making it out more than what it is. It bothers me, but it's not like it moves on it's own. You need to physically move it to tell that it does not have much tension it.

Sometime this month I need to buy Miller, he is the last one I don't own.

I feel like I'm being accused of ripping off a imaginary buyer, relax guys. Whenever I list something I always let the buyer know.

For example I just sold the Batman Play Arts figure and the box had a dog ear corner from shipping, that was in the listing.

Back