Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seriously considering selling some of my MGSV PAK too. I love some of the figures on a figure design standpoint, but I never would have thought in all my years of collecting that I'd seriously consider selling MGS figures because of how much I loved the series. MGSV sure as hell proved me wrong.

What about the game made it bad for you? I've only played MGSV, Snake Eater and Rising, so I don't have much experience with the main stealth entries.

I've been toying with getting rid of all my pak for the past couple of months but i'd probably won't. I still have all the mcfarlene just boxed up i might just do the same with the paks

apart from Solid and Ninja

I sold all of mine when they started the MGSV stuff because I realized they were never going to do that games that mattered. When you look at the line as a whole it's an incomplete, inconsistent mess with one two or three really good figures. None from MGSV.
My main thing is once another company, perhaps Good Smile, does more MGS merch, I will have no reason to care about the PAKs. All I need is Figma MGS 1, MGS 3 Bawse, Solidus and MGS2 and R Raiden, Ninja...that's all. I might keep PAK Solid Snake, MGR Blue Raiden (personal attachment) and PW Bawse, and that's all.

If I keep anything, it'll be Snake, Liquid, Fox, Solidus, Raiden (MGR & MGS2), PW Big Boss and Miller. I'm honestly tempted to sell the rest.

What about the game made it bad for you? I've only played MGSV, Snake Eater and Rising, so I don't have much experience with the main stealth entries.

Rising is great, since it's really up to the player if it's canon or not. But as for V, many of us here thought it was a huge let down and doesn't seem to be really connected to any of the games since it's events are pretty inconsequential. You can remove all the Big Boss prequels aside from Snake Eater and the story doesn't change.

On that note, I'm tempted to sell some of my MGS PAKs...hell, I honestly almost want most of them gone.

I sold all of mine when they started the MGSV stuff because I realized they were never going to do that games that mattered. When you look at the line as a whole it's an incomplete, inconsistent mess with one two or three really good figures. None from MGSV.

I'm seriously considering selling some of my MGSV PAK too. I love some of the figures on a figure design standpoint, but I never would have thought in all my years of collecting that I'd seriously consider selling MGS figures because of how much I loved the series. MGSV sure as hell proved me wrong.

I've been toying with getting rid of all my pak for the past couple of months but i'd probably won't. I still have all the mcfarlene just boxed up i might just do the same with the paks

apart from Solid and Ninja

tumblr_inline_nc8hb6Ryr61qf2nj2.gif

It's been discussed so many times so I'd rather not repeat it here. That being said, not playing MGS1/2 is a huge disservice to yourself. They're the two games where Kojima was truly at the top of his game. Heck, even the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake are still essential to any fan of the series.

My main thing is once another company, perhaps Good Smile, does more MGS merch, I will have no reason to care about the PAKs. All I need is Figma MGS 1, MGS 3 Bawse, Solidus and MGS2 and R Raiden, Ninja...that's all. I might keep PAK Solid Snake, MGR Blue Raiden (personal attachment) and PW Bawse, and that's all.

Give me Old Snake or give me death.

I've had PAK Meryl PO'd on BBTS for months and was supposed to be out 1st quarter and then 2nd quarter... I wonder if it's an error PO listing.

But I thought you owned the PAK? Could be an error, maybe. BBTS listed some sold out Figuarts exclusives as POs that actually came in stock though.

Some decent sales at AmiAmi right now.

Nendo Raiden - $28.54
D-Dog - $54.50
D-Spec REX - $65.14

I might pick up the D-Spec REX fig, and pre-order MGS 4 REX while I'm at it.

The one time Square overproduces something...and it's on two of the most underwhelming figures we've ever owned.

Back