Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone done any mods to the zii production solid snake at all?

I can’t stand the stiff body and I’m not a huge fan of the the inaccurate suit texture, but I knew that going in. Also the paint just peels off the rubber elbow and knee pads so easily. I really like the headsculpt and some of the gear. It’s a mixed bag of a figure. I’m just happy to have some kind of solid snake on the shelf at this point!

I have a grey jumpsuit and a Phicen M33 body, I may try it and see.
Hello all, I went with my planned mods. I’m pretty happy, it turned out rather well!

It was quite easy too. The parts were easy enough to swap over to the Phicen body.

0CA05BCE-DCDA-49CF-A47A-782336F72CF7.jpeg
C4EC1390-F284-4233-BC7D-61DE712EC828.jpeg
A83A3CDF-B344-4FED-9DF6-B6C0A9FE16CB.jpeg

Full list of mods:

Phicen M33 body swap

Different body suit. The Suit can be found here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13445926...ar=433929046869&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There are a multitude of sellers who sell this suit, use your own judgment and go with a seller you are comfortable with if you buy one. 👍🏼

That was pretty much it, the head and hands and feet all fit with no problems, just the usual boiling water to help. The only modification I had to do was to cut away some of the Phicen body flesh at the ankles as the silicone skin was a bit too much for the opening of the boots and it was causing them to pop off. I also had to shorten the thigh holster strap by cutting off some material as it was too baggy for his leg. Easy peasy.

You may also notice the paint is missing from the knee and elbow pads. I stripped them all off (it flaked off easily) and I’m still unsure on whether to repaint them or cut off the webbing part and make real webbing instead. That’s further down the line.

I still need to add the silver press studs on his shoulders too at some point.

I will probably also darken his hair by repainting it to medium/dark brown.

Took some quick pictures in the kitchen with the best lighting. It looks a lot better in hand than the iPhone pics make it appear. Is it perfect? No. But I have gotten rid of the inaccurate textured suit of the stock figure and also gained articulation and the ability to hold a pose! Really happy to have this solid snake on the shelf!

Last edited:
Hello all, I went with my planned mods. I’m pretty happy, it turned out rather well!

It was quite easy too. The parts were easy enough to swap over to the Phicen body.

View attachment 699468View attachment 699471View attachment 699472

Full list of mods:

Phicen M33 body swap

Different body suit. The Suit can be found here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13445926...ar=433929046869&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There are a multitude of sellers who sell this suit, use your own judgment and go with a seller you are comfortable with if you buy one. 👍🏼

That was pretty much it, the head and hands and feet all fit with no problems, just the usual boiling water to help. The only modification I had to do was to cut away some of the Phicen body flesh at the ankles as the silicone skin was a bit too much for the opening of the boots and it was causing them to pop off. I also had to shorten the thigh holster strap by cutting off some material as it was too baggy for his leg. Easy peasy.

You may also notice the paint is missing from the knee and elbow pads. I stripped them all off (it flaked off easily) and I’m still unsure on whether to repaint them or cut off the webbing part and make real webbing instead. That’s further down the line.

I still need to add the silver press studs on his shoulders too at some point.

I will probably also darken his hair by repainting it to medium/dark brown.

Took some quick pictures in the kitchen with the best lighting. It looks a lot better in hand than the iPhone pics make it appear. Is it perfect? No. But I have gotten rid of the inaccurate textured suit of the stock figure and also gained articulation and the ability to hold a pose! Really happy to have this solid snake on the shelf!
Looks great man! I was looking to do the same thing.

Back