Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there, for those who still don't know or were on the fence
Solid Snake will be leaving the battlepass on the 7th (the 8th early in the morning in some areas)
So if you want him in fortnite, go grab the pass, shouldn't take long to get him and old snake if you rush it in team rumble, have a good one folks!

Hi everyone, just wanted to share what I was doing yesterday. Decided to repaint the head of the medicom old snake. I believed the sculpt was there it just needs some paint. the writings on the solid eye were replaced with some random gundam waterslide decals since I repainted everything. Anyway I still need to clean up and retouch the hair though.

Im also thinking about repainting the suit too, if I can make it into a desert ver. Or just update the paint app for accuracy purposes.

Raiden too if I can find oneView attachment 692050View attachment 692051View attachment 692059
Amazing it's nice to see that there's still some love for the mgs saga and in particular for gun of the Patriots

I also finally got my custom sculpt can't wait to put it on my figure this weekend

Attachments

• PXL_20240306_003913690~2.jpg
    PXL_20240306_003913690~2.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240306_003908402~2.jpg
    PXL_20240306_003908402~2.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 0
Amazing it's nice to see that there's still some love for the mgs saga and in particular for gun of the Patriots

I also finally got my custom sculpt can't wait to put it on my figure this weekend
Oh nice, looks very goodhopefully it fits the body well.
Yeah dude, I really thought play arts we're gonna make them back then but looks were stuck with the medicom ones.

I still need to fix the hole in the suit of my snake since I bought it as a junk before repainting it.

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_151742967_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240304_151742967_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Oh nice, looks very goodhopefully it fits the body well.
Yeah dude, I really thought play arts we're gonna make them back then but looks were stuck with the medicom ones.

I still need to fix the hole in the suit of my snake since I bought it as a junk before repainting it.
How are you gonna fix than man ??

Here is my final custom old snake

Pretty happy with the end result

Attachments

• PXL_20240307_194637913~2.jpg
    PXL_20240307_194637913~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240307_195125627.jpg
    PXL_20240307_195125627.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240307_194931657.jpg
    PXL_20240307_194931657.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Guys does anyone know where to get a solid snake sculpt ?

I'm still looking for a decent sculpt for the first game

Also for the ones who have the zii production snake 🐍 how the body and suit is holding up?
Hey! Might be able to help you out sometime soon. Been trying to make the perfect MGS figures has lead me to start sculpting in my free time. Still tweaking and working on these but might be able to print these for you in the near future. I'm a total amateur when it comes to sculpting but I've been practicing and growing a bunch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_213630_Nomad Sculpt.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_213630_Nomad Sculpt.jpg
    880.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey! Might be able to help you out sometime soon. Been trying to make the perfect MGS figures has lead me to start sculpting in my free time. Still tweaking and working on these but might be able to print these for you in the near future. I'm a total amateur when it comes to sculpting but I've been practicing and growing a bunch.
That'll be amazing

I'm totally in when it's ready 👍

How are you gonna fix than man ??

Here is my final custom old snake

Pretty happy with the end result
Sorry for late reply I'm not always online here I resculpted it again which was difficult since everything was soft. it's not gonna be "exactly" the same but I'm fine with that it's not that noticeably. Also yeah man that new head is awesome 🫶
I also recently finished cleaning up and repainting the head and I just went with a white artic suit instead.
IMG_20240318_231253_059.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply I'm not always online here I resculpted it again which was difficult since everything was soft. it's not gonna be "exactly" the same but I'm fine with that it's not that noticeably. Also yeah man that new head is awesome 🫶
I also recently finished cleaning up and repainting the head and I just went with a white artic suit instead.
View attachment 693876
what paint did you use since they are flexible.

A few new additions to the collection I thought y'all might like to see;
Big Boss MGS4 custom made by Frank and sean, and a finely detailed sculpt of old snake MGS4, and finally got a MGR Raiden! I just got my hands on two other sculpts by Frank so those will be up in due time! I also have a spare old snake medicom body that I’m going to be rippin’ and tearin’ to add more range of motion. Thinking of having the undershirt being an athletic mesh? Tell me your thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Has anyone done any mods to the zii production solid snake at all?

I can’t stand the stiff body and I’m not a huge fan of the the inaccurate suit texture, but I knew that going in. Also the paint just peels off the rubber elbow and knee pads so easily. I really like the headsculpt and some of the gear. It’s a mixed bag of a figure. I’m just happy to have some kind of solid snake on the shelf at this point!

I have a grey jumpsuit and a Phicen M33 body, I may try it and see.

Sorry for any duplicity but I finished him. All in all, I got about as close as I could/wanted to/had patience for. There are a few anachronisms in Boss’ costume from the Cold War-era (it is MG we’re talking about here 😂) that I sought to remedy. Namely using paracord vs. a strap, adding the Vietnam-era wristwatch and moving the radio off him since that earpiece and chest com were fake. Still, happy with him and how he turned out. Glad I stumbled on this thread!

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

IMG_9466.jpeg

IMG_9468.jpeg

Back