Mego Venture Bros.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was thinking these could be fun... and most are decent. But Brock is just a mess; I appreciate they went with a larger body, but it just doesn't work.

Will probably get 21 and 24 though as they look pretty cool in the Mego style.

I hope that they go ahead and also release figures that follow the animation style as well.

This breaks my heart. This property would be much better served by someone who has had experience in making animated figures. Mattel could have nailed the look, but I would have preferred Neca/McFarlane scale. These look pretty disappointing, and I feel bad for Jackson and Doc being attached to these.

I actually like these. I think regular, completely molded figures would be kind of predictable and boring (plus, probably disappointing since only a few companies seem capable of doing decent figures of this type right now). But these are really wacky and fun, and I think, fit the nature of the show.

Mezco or Toynami would have been my picks as both have done great work with animated properties in the past.

I understand people's criticism, but these are supposed to be MEGO-esque, so I assume the slightly goofy appearance is deliberate and appropriate. That's the whole retro charm of MEGO and these were displayed amidst all the MEGO redos from DC, Marvel, POTA and ST.

I understand people's criticism, but these are supposed to be MEGO-esque, so I assume the slightly goofy appearance is deliberate and appropriate. That's the whole retro charm of MEGO and these were displayed amidst all the MEGO redos from DC, Marvel, POTA and ST.

The first real collectibles to come out of a highly anticipated license, so people are let down. I agree for Mego they are good, except Brock, awful job there. Still as most, I would love to see regular style action figures.

OMG!!! Gross.....The Venture Bros should only be done in Vinyl...none of this cloths BS.

What a disappointment!

Yep Toynami would have been my number one selection... not only is the Futurama series awesome, but the earlier Hanna Barbara were killer :rock

The anti-MEGO sentiment on the internet is disgusting! Don't you kids realize that without MEGO, you wouldn't have your Sideshow Toys. You wouldn't have your Marvel Legends or your DCU. MEGO is the forefather of action figures!

The anti-MEGO sentiment on the internet is disgusting! Don't you kids realize that without MEGO, you wouldn't have your Sideshow Toys. You wouldn't have your Marvel Legends or your DCU. MEGO is the forefather of action figures!

Did you actually READ any of what is being said. The majority of us aren't against the Mego style, it just did NOT work for Venture Bros or Lost.

And? It's called evolution. :cool:

I never played with MEGO and I sure as hell won't buy them now.

Fully-sculpted action figures please.

Back