Mego Venture Bros.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The anti-MEGO sentiment on the internet is disgusting! Don't you kids realize that without MEGO, you wouldn't have your Sideshow Toys. You wouldn't have your Marvel Legends or your DCU. MEGO is the forefather of action figures!

GIJoe is the godfather of actions figures, not Mego.

The anti-MEGO sentiment on the internet is disgusting! Don't you kids realize that without MEGO, you wouldn't have your Sideshow Toys. You wouldn't have your Marvel Legends or your DCU. MEGO is the forefather of action figures!

Actual MEGO figures look better than these, the likenesses and outfits suck. Except the henchmen.

Even though 21 and 24 have the nicest outfits, the proportions and headsculpts are dreadful. I hope that this line quietly whimpers away, never to see production, and a better matched toy manufacturer can get the rights.

Nostalgia for MEGO works, if you are collecting MEGO figures, but the time for that level of quality has long passed, and almost every toy company can do better than this.

I really like Megos and I like about 1/2 of these Venture Brothers figures. But when Brock is this funky looking it sadly puts me off the whole line.

If they had gotten Brock right in the Mego style I'd likely have bought the series.

I really want Venture Bros. figures but not these, they look like $#!! even for Mego figures.
Since the Samurai Champloo figures turned out so well, Triad might be able to pull off the Venture Bros. in 1:6 scale. I'd like to see them try.

Looking a little further, I've seen pictures of the Monarch and Dean. The headsculpts aren't bad (Brock could use some serious work) but they could be used as a good base for a customized figure. I would almost want to get a good, scaled base body and sculpt the clothing onto a generic body for these, and use the headsculpts.

Nostalgia is one thing, but the quality could be so much better.:confused:

Mezco has some 8" or 9" scaled figures of the Warriors (maybe a few others) that might work for base bodies.

But honestly, the clothes would likely not fit well and the sculpts aren't that good that I'd want to put the work and money into them.

Too true, I am just trying to find some ray of hope with these! I love Venture Brothers, and I really wanted to see some nice collectibles, but I can keep waiting!

Never knew Mego almost had the SW license... I actually think they would have done a better job.

Back