Medicom's R2 and 3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comparison shots with Hasbro's
With Palpy

DSC06930.jpg

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

See, i have to say this now.

I have noticed ever since the whole Medicom Vader vs SSC Vader flame war, some members on here post pics of their SSC figures on the crappy stand they come with and then stick a medicom figure next to it with no stand, WTF is up with that? rah rah re tarded.

We know Medicom figures are out of scale mostly with SSC figures but, why make it look worse?.

Probably just don't give a ____. (which is fine) Just taking a quick pic i suppose. Plus some SS Figures NEED stands :)

All my stands stay in the box with the DX Joker stand being the exception because its actually a nice base.

I like looking at my figures and seeing them as miniature life like humans,aliens etc.. and not have them looking like they are standing on slab of plastic with a coat hanger tied around them or sticking up their ass.

With Palpy

DSC06930.jpg

I know most of us know this, but for those in denial, just some comparison shots to illustrate how big it should be:

IMG_0529_2.jpg

IMG_2724a.jpg

R2D2__C3PO_on_Tatooine.jpg

DS_SWW10_C3PO_R2D2-ashburn.jpg

R2D220demo2.jpg

r2d22.jpg

But maybe this is what Medicom was thinking ;) :

351003927_8e90d388fd_o.jpg

v1.jpg

It really sucks they went to all that trouble and it's under-scale. Really nice, but too small for cross collectors.

Sean

Last edited:
Probably just don't give a ____. (which is fine) Just taking a quick pic i suppose. Plus some SS Figures NEED stands :)

Exactly...
Just a quick shot... I don't care about the whole SS vs. Medi crap...

I know most of us know this, but for those in denial, just some comparison shots to illustrate how big it should be:

It really sucks they went to all that trouble and it's under-scale. Really nice, but too small for cross collectors.

Sean

I don't think anybody is in denial here...
just not that nit picky I guess... :dunno

See, i have to say this now.

I have noticed ever since the whole Medicom Vader vs SSC Vader flame war, some members on here post pics of their SSC figures on the crappy stand they come with and then stick a medicom figure next to it with no stand, WTF is up with that? rah rah re tarded.

We know Medicom figures are out of scale mostly with SSC figures but, why make it look worse?.

Now that's just silly. I have to use stands because the damn figures fall down if I don't. I think it depends on what kind of shelves you use, and how your house is constructed, but I would have figures falling over on a daily basis if I didn't.

Secondly, do you really think a stand that's 3mm or so thick is going to make R2 look that much worse? He could've used another figure for the comparison -- one that isn't all hunched over like the emperor, for example.

My first reaction upon seeing the comparison with the Hasbro R2 is that the Hasbro R2 looks pretty damn good considering the price differential. I find it fascinating that the two of them are almost exactly the same height. There has to be some reason for that, doesn't there? How can they both get it wrong in exactly the same way?

I don't think anybody is in denial here...
just not that nit picky I guess... :dunno

Yup, just don't give a ____. Just Like how i don't give a ____ that SS Vader is too big, And Medi Vader is too Small. And how i display both company's figures together. I think you might have to give a ____ to be in denial!

/toys

will be getting 3po, he looks just stellar, Hot Toys-like!

X2

Last edited:
DSC06930.jpg

I'm still more befuddled that R2 isn't in scale with himself, much less other figures. Just look at his feet, and then the dome. Oh wait, pointing out such obvious inaccuracies is "nit picky". Sorry.

I'm not really seeing it, to be honest. In what respect is the dome small? Not wide enough? Not high enough?

Both. The dome appears to be only about 85-90% to scale with the rest of the figure. That's an absolute dealbreaker for me. Being out of scale with other SW figures (including See-Threepio, which is ridiculous in and of itself) is one thing... but even on its own this thing is off due to Medicom's now painfully obvious ignorance of relative scale.

I'm still more befuddled that R2 isn't in scale with himself, much less other figures. Just look at his feet, and then the dome. Oh wait, pointing out such obvious inaccuracies is "nit picky". Sorry.

X2. (The feet do look too big now that you mention it.)

Back