Medicom to make figures for Metallica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
From a Metallica Club newsletter:

Japanese-based Medicom Toys is one of the largest toy manufacturers in the world. They bring to life many of our action heroes from Batman, Spiderman, Star Wars, Disney, and so many more in 12 inch form. It is only fitting that Medicom brings to life one of our heroes and a legend in the Metal archives, the Jump in the Fire creature! This high quality soft vinyl character stands about 12 inches tall with moving limbs, rotating neck, and comes in complete window packaging. The piece is limited to 1,000 pieces in production and is also an online exclusive, available to MetClub members first! Retailing for $79.99 for MetClub members, $99.99 for Metallica.com

Coming this Fall!

jump_in_the_fire_300.jpg

Pretty cool! Any other Metallica fans here who will be scooping this one up?

Last edited:
Very cool. I wonder if they will do any band members, well at least Hetfield and Hammet are the only original members (I'm not counting Mustane). Didn't Medicom make Rolling Stones figures?

1,000 figures only, I imagine those will sell out to fanclub members first.

gotta get this since im a huge metallica fan and medicom fan! weeeeee

Very cool. I wonder if they will do any band members, well at least Hetfield and Hammet are the only original members (I'm not counting Mustane). Didn't Medicom make Rolling Stones figures?

1,000 figures only, I imagine those will sell out to fanclub members first.

Ummmm.... Lars was there before Kurk. I know McFarlane made some cool figs (which last I looked were pretty darn expensive) so it might be cool to get the band in 12".

^^^^ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yeah, Hetfield & Ulrich are the only original members still in the band.

cool figure.
rekindles my hopes of them not releasing another POS like St.Anger.... :monkey1

I would love a set of RAH figures. They could even do different decades. By the way, for non-Metallica fans, here is the original artwork that inspired the figure.

S_A061014-01_Metallica_Jump%20In%20The%20Fire.jpg

yeah, Hetfield & Ulrich are the only original members still in the band.

That's right...long time ago for me to remember the details, I was listening to this album like 22-23 years ago....I think in 6th grade or so. Had to be relased early 80s.

Great news !!! they got the Metallica licence, 'hope they do the members, if so, which decade they gonna pick (Kill'em All-Master of Puppets) (N' Justice for All-Black Album) (Load-Garage inc) (St Anger- ?) and who's gonna be the bass guitar player ? Burton, Newsted or Trujillo ?
I would love to see Slayer but I don't see Araya or King in this kind of merchandising.

Kinda a strange announcement. But kinda cool to. I'm not really into music figs, but if someone made a jim morrison or a hendrix fig i'd get it.

I would love to see Slayer but I don't see Araya or King in this kind of merchandising.

I don't know about that. I get these stupid emails just about every week trying to get me to buy new Slayer merch. And it isn't just T-shirts. They are putting their name on pretty much everything:

Slayer-hatbuck08_600x80.gif

BGAMS390_lg.jpg

I also skimmed past the "girl's loungewear set" and noticed this:

BGCMS314.jpg

How about a Christmas ornament?

BGAMS377.jpg

This is all pretty amusing, coming from a band that continually knocks other bands for "selling out" in interviews

I know what you mean but there is a little difference between this kind of merchandising, they are still 'Slayerable" (except the Christmas ball), I'm sure if they got a phone call asking them :"do you wan't a 1/6 scale action-figure of you mister King ?" he will probably laugh and hang up the phone.

Not a big Metallica fan, but it is cool. I'd be all over an Iron Maiden Eddie figure especially if its from Power Slave.

I like Metallica, but haven't gotten into any music merch like this. Although, the Metalocalypse figures that Shocker was working on are pretty cool and a bit different.

I hate Metallica!

Thanks for ruining the original Napster, jerks! :monkey4

Yeah... but the original Napster ruined the record industry! I know there are other variables, but that was part of the begining of the end.

Back