Medicom TDK Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT is killing me......their figures (scuplts, clothes) make all others look like expensive Hasbro clones.

I'm not feeling Medi's Harvey figure....:eek:

Quality vs. Quantity. Also, when mentioning Sideshow, are you talking about the new Prometheus and Armor body? Weren't those made in association with Hot Toys?
I know the Prometheus body was made in association with Hot Toys, but I also heard Hot Toys wouldn't be using it.

The teasers show for Hot Toys just put Medi's to shame. They really should stick to Anime type figures since they've fallen so far behind the competition on the realistic figures.

The teasers show for Hot Toys just put Medi's to shame. They really should stick to Anime type figures since they've fallen so far behind the competition on the realistic figures.
They wouldn't do it if they didn't make money from it, and when you look at Medicoms output it really puts many companies to shame. These 'realistic' figures are just a small part of their business, and their tailoring is of a consistently high standard.

I just find it great that we have choices at all. I used to think only one company would have the rights to a licence, but these days there seems to be a number of companies able to put out the same product, for a share of the profits to be made. That pushes the other to keep pushing the bar higher. Competition is a good thing for collectors, stop knocking it.

Medicom's looks fine, but I'm anticipating HT's to be just a good as its Bank Robber Joker. Meaning, a masterpiece.

I know the Prometheus body was made in association with Hot Toys, but I also heard Hot Toys wouldn't be using it.

There seems to be some confusion here - the ARMOR body and the hobbit body was made in concert with Hot Toys. The Prometheus was developed by Sideshow outside of their collaborations with HT. This has been said a few times by the SSC people.

What I said about Medicom bodies - more heights, more builds - is what I was saying was superior to HT. Although HT is now getting on the bandwagon with the MJ slim body.

Thanks for clearing that up Dave. I did it again didn't I.

footmouth.jpeg

I applaud Medicom's effort. However, the execution appears to fall well short of HT.

You guys see this:

ap_20081013100137492.jpg.jpg

It's the Medicom TF (or I think it is), and at the top it also says Gordon???? Actually, it might not be medicom, DC direct?

Actually, I think that was the Mattel MM Two-Face pic that leaked a month or two before the movie came out.

Actually, I think that was the Mattel MM Two-Face pic that leaked a month or two before the movie came out.

Damn dude, you are right! Just saw it posted on Tommys blog....and he mentioned DC direct in the undertext.

Damn dude, you are right! Just saw it posted on Tommys blog....and he mentioned DC direct in the undertext.

Yeah that is the Mattel MM Two-Face. He is saying that they got the figure wrong because his left hand and the left side of his pants aren't damaged in the movie. He uses a screen capture of Two-Face kicking Gordon (with his left foot) to illustrate this.

I dont mean to offend anyone but this one sucks compared to the HT

url]https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/081010popup/dent_popup.html[/url]
2929839462_4e6f4a7258_o.jpg

Some things are done well here. Ok, the gun is tiny but it looks more or less like HT's rendition. What I really like about the headsculpts is that unlike HT, the unscarred head has a neutral expression while the scarred one has a pretty pissed off look to it on the undamaged side. Hottoy's version seems like it's the same expression verbatim on both. Plus the scarring is a little more movie accurate cause of those exposed colors on his chin and eyebrow being properly filled in. And his teeth are nicer- Eckhart had great teeth in this movie- HT gave him really bad teeth. Still prefer Hottoys, though. No contest.

Some things are done well here. Ok, the gun is tiny but it looks more or less like HT's rendition. What I really like about the headsculpts is that unlike HT, the unscarred head has a neutral expression while the scarred one has a pretty pissed off look to it on the undamaged side. Hottoy's version seems like it's the same expression verbatim on both. Plus the scarring is a little more movie accurate cause of those exposed colors on his chin and eyebrow being properly filled in. And his teeth are nicer- Eckhart had great teeth in this movie- HT gave him really bad teeth. Still prefer Hottoys, though. No contest.

Doesn't look anywhere near as good as the HT version. It looks like a cartoon. HT looks like a film.

Back