Medicom TDK Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if medicom wanted to be stylized they could do it better, because there's no consistancy in style, something look pretty close and are highly detailed while some figures hardly even look like the character they're based on. If they wanted them stylized they should create and advertise them that way.

really? why don't you give us an example of inconsistency? and, for that matter, show us where medicom have ever extensively advertised their products outside of japanese magazines. you don't usually advertise a style anyway. it's just there, interpreted from the products you put out.

and if you want to talk about inconsistency, we can go straight back to sideshow. they're probably the most inconsistent company out there. and hot toys have made some booboos in the past too.

i give up anyway, there's no point going over the same old crap here again.

He's right. Medi can have a really realistic sculpt, and then turn around and have a really cartoony one.

Jack Sparrow, meet Willy Wonka.

Henry Jones meet Indiana Jones.

i think its easy to get accuracy and realism confused. i think all four examples you gave to me were cartoony. henry jones and indy jones, for me, were done in the same style, but one was just more accurate than the other. as for jack sparrow and willy wonka, both were highly stylised, and neither of them very realistic. each one fitted the genre of film it was from. i'm not saying i like it, coz i don't, but that's the way it is.

i also prefer hot toys, because despite the occassional oopsy, the figures i've got from them have gone for extreme realism over interpretations, and that's what i want in a figure. i'll shut up now anyway - either you accept that medi don't go for the same aesthetic as others do and that maybe their figures aren't meant for people who don't appreciate the look they're going for, or you just bang on about how crap medi is as a company in every single medi thread there is.

really? why don't you give us an example of inconsistency? and, for that matter, show us where medicom have ever extensively advertised their products outside of japanese magazines. you don't usually advertise a style anyway. it's just there, interpreted from the products you put out.

and if you want to talk about inconsistency, we can go straight back to sideshow. they're probably the most inconsistent company out there. and hot toys have made some booboos in the past too.

i give up anyway, there's no point going over the same old crap here again.

In they're RAH descriptions they say Highest Quality and Detail--tell me that's not an advertised style--And we know their RAH figures are wildly inconsistent.

quality and detail are not a style. the most impressionist painting can be highly detailed but still be surreal. that's a product quality statement, not a style.

and those RAH descriptions are not by Medicom - the only place I've seen that is on US websites like Sideshow's where it's quickly followed by something to the effect of "please understand that these are not done in the same way as Sideshow figs so be warned". so this isn't official advertising by Medicom. this kind of stuff isn't on japanese listings of their products.

and if RAH figures are WILDLY inconsistent, then someone had better get belview on the phone coz the entire staff of sideshow need to be sectioned - they're WILDLY insane for their variations in output.

it's amazing how every single medi figure thread at SSF turns into this crap. by now people know the medi style isn't going for 100% realism - it's that slightly animated look. that isn't because of a lack of skill, it's a design choice. we also know the medi base body is shorter. that again is a choice they made, and the fact they haven't caved in to ^^^^^ing foreigners shows they don't want to change it.

but we get the same yahoos every time making the same old boring comments. it's short, it's not realistic. i'm not saying you guys don't have a right to your opinion but jeez, it gets boring in here sometimes.

i'm with most of you - i'll be getting HT because i like the style more. and to everyone who thinks medi's version won't sell, i guarantee it won't be in bargain bins. medi's main market is japan. and they'll eat this style up.

On the one hand I agree that these things keep turning into slagging matches but on the other I disagree about the 'design choice' to make these look slightly animated. Simply because why would you deliberately make it 'slightly' animated looking? Why not go the whole way if you're going to do that? To me the medicom TDK figures look 'too realistic' to say they were going for a 'slightly animated' look. And yet they fail in their realism when compared to hot toys. If hot toys weren't around they'd be the ones I'd go to, but hot toys are around and have made better figures.

Last edited:
Well...there really isnt anything positive about it. It looks way too cartoony, will proabably be short, and lacks the realism that Hot Toys has.

Can u tell me something that I dont know or that has not been repeated in the previous pages on this thread?

Positive Points
-a decent Human Sculpt, for a medicom it's quite good over say Indiana Jones
-The burned side looks more accurate to me & the paint is better, not overly black like HT
-I believe in Harvey Dent badge accessory, something that HT dont have.

Look, Im all for HT, I've got it ordered already!!! but u guys repeating the same old short & cartoony argument is getting real boring.

It's not as if you guys didnt know Medicom bodies were build on a slightly smaller frame & height. Besides, they always have their own stylised approach in their figures.

I dont think any of us are in any position to ask a company to stop making a product in their own style. What's more, the only reason that they keep doing it, is that their products are selling. If its not selling, I believe they would have stop manufacturing any figures at all.

By the way, I like my Medicom Jack Sparrow, and I dont really hate Medi....

Well, good for you cos you like the figure that have bought.

Btw, $150 is the price SS charges, I usually get my Medi figs locally between $120USD to $130USD.

celtic, man, you're one of the main medi-haters i've seen here at SSF. and if you're not, you've got a funny way of showing it.

medi is not for winging bicches that don't understand any toy that's not completely real. these are the same people that go nuts every time medi release a deformed VCD - "Uhhh, i don't get it, what's the point?" if you don't like it, fine. but try and keep your repetitive whining about a company (that actually doesn't care what you think as you're not their target market) out of every medi thread there is. it makes this place suck so badly. i hate sideshow at times, but you don't hear me piscing all over SS threads. i think the mods would stop that in fact. shame medicom doesn't get the same treatment.

collecting in japan was so much more fun - people were way more open minded. they appreciated everything for what it was.

Main medi haters? Gee...I guess I hate Medi so much I own this....

sparrow001.jpg

and still consider it one of my favorite.

Yeah, I'm not happy with this figure, im not going to buy it, but I am going to tell you why i'm not.

you're just using that as self security... kinda like when someone says a racist slur and then counteract with a "I can't be racist, my [instert relative or friend] is [instert race]"
and plus no one cares about your opinion anyways. :D

O rly?

And, your opinion is any better?

Sorry these recent Medi's dont hold a candle to Hot Toys...sorry that their Indy is awful beyond comprehension. Thats not MY fault. And yes, I truly love my Jack....so....

Back