Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rah royal guard restock

Two of these Medi Royal Guards will look quite cool with the SS Palpatine on throne, since the throne is already quite short.

displaymedicomtroopers.jpg

You're always the first person I think of when someone asks how somethng Imperial looks with other models. :wave

i have one set up behind palps

ill try and get a picture

IMG_0819.jpg

edit theres a quick photo

Last edited:

The height never bothered me about medi if it was an issue id sick somthing in his boot for half an inch!

Have never been a big fan of the RAH stuff. Are these wearing armor underneath the cloaks? Something about the cloaks just looks cheap from the pics I've seen. I'm waiting for Sideshow to do Royal Guards and Senate Guards.

I have one of these and they are nice looking. I've never taken it out of the box. If anyone's interested, I could part with it for less than the SS price, plus shipping/fees $160.

Yup. This is a great rendition. A little small scaled but with a slight height mod it looks freak next to SS Palpatine. No armor just cloth underneath. I'll hang on to mine till sideshow makes one. Might be a while.

Watch Ebay and be patient, you can get them alot cheaper. Don't get in bid wars with morons who want to throw money away on this though.

Its a 4 year old Medi model, short bodies. You can probably look at someones collection like JKNO to get a good idea of what they're like out of the box.

I'm old school. Don't do biding wars. I got used to waiting till the last 10 sec to bid on anything (I used to be on a backbone OC6). Won most everything unless they had a high bid.

Top it off I know what I want to pay for something and I will put in what I want to. If I am out bid in the last 10 sec they can have it. Unless its a 1/1 not a big deal.

400 bucks is about 254pounds plus shipping and vat at 20. %
I paid 100 quid for c3po. That's about 170 cheaper. Inc vat.

Or 1.7 c3pos.

Buys a lot of forgiveness. and my medi c3po and r2 sit nicely together

400 bucks is about 254pounds plus shipping and vat at 20. %
I paid 100 quid for c3po. That's about 170 cheaper. Inc vat.

Or 1.7 c3pos.

Buys a lot of forgiveness. and my medi c3po and r2 sit nicely together

:slap:slap:slap:lol

I think I'll wait til SSC do theirs, I really like the look of the medi helmet sculpt, But I don't have a dedicated Medi collection and the few I do have bug me when next to my SSC figs

I think I'll wait til SSC do theirs, I really like the look of the medi helmet sculpt, But I don't have a dedicated Medi collection and the few I do have bug me when next to my SSC figs

:duff

Although I don't have this figure (royal guard), I can tell you if you like your figs to accurate scale (as do I) medi Jango (purple), Yoda, and Maul are all safe bets. There may be others, but these are the safe bets. In fact i think Yoda and Maul medi are sized better than their SS counterparts. Just my opinion tho.

Yeah I hot the Medi royal guard. I like it but you are correct. The scale is a bit off. If you stand him next to SS emperor it doesn't look quite right. I added ankle extenders to mine to make it taller but the scale is still off. The helmet does not allow for a head to look like it could be inside. I'd be willing to get the GG mini bust and cast it if I knew it was the right scale. Maybe do a body swap and use the robes and undersuit. But if your going to do that you might as well get the hasbro 12 inch for the robes and boots. Although it is nice that the Medi has the right hand position for holding the vibro staff.

Yeah I hot the Medi royal guard. I like it but you are correct. The scale is a bit off. If you stand him next to SS emperor it doesn't look quite right. I added ankle extenders to mine to make it taller but the scale is still off. The helmet does not allow for a head to look like it could be inside. I'd be willing to get the GG mini bust and cast it if I knew it was the right scale. Maybe do a body swap and use the robes and undersuit. But if your going to do that you might as well get the hasbro 12 inch for the robes and boots. Although it is nice that the Medi has the right hand position for holding the vibro staff.

"waves force hand" Do it... :lol

In all seriousness, I'd love to see how this came out. Heck, I'd love to see what they look like with ankle extenders. At 99 bucks a piece I wouldn't mind buying a couple of the Medi if I could get them to a decent height.

I've got it deep the abyss that is my closet. Ill have to go digging but ill see what I can do. I know I've hot some old pics around somewhere. Otherwise ill have to wait for a day off. (Not likely)
403d4658.jpg
775f134b.jpg
IMG_7858.jpg
IMG_8843.jpg

These are the old crappy pics I have. I swapped the SS emperors robe with the hasbro robe so I could use the SS for a PT Sidious with maul. You can get a general sense of the height here.

It's a nice looking figure, just wish it was a tad bigger, I've had a custom on the way and was hoping ssc would beat me too it

That would be awesome. This is a nice figure and is a decent stand in till SS comes out with one. These pics show him with the ankle extenders in. He is normally shorter.

would a true tpye slim from either jack sparrow or sweeny todd work for a body swap?

Back