Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If ROTJ Palps will be released the Royal Guard would look cool behind him. Too bad so few accessories...

The Royal guards seems to be relatively easy to make figures, I bet Sideshow will tackle this guy soon.:naughty

I wouldn't mind another Palpatine. :)

Yes, it is a mystery why Sideshow doesn't step in and ADJUSTS the price of these Medicom figures for the US/International market. They must realize that people KNOW that these Medicom figures are not worth the price that they're asking. Selling these figures at an appropriate price would result in more sales in a shorter time I suppose.
But I suspect that Sideshow doesn't really need to sell the Medicom figures to make profit. They just secured the collaboration with Medicom for the US market, so nobody else can import them. So everybody that wants to sell Medicom in the US has to go though Sideshow, which is a good thing for Sideshow, but not for the customers. I wonder how much Sideshow really likes us... :monkey2.

SS may not be able to just adjust the price though. Possibly something in their contract with Medicom? I have no idea. I know SWS usually has them cheaper or the most recent releases but they also had the MSRP and then the discount they where giving. SWS because its them may be allowed to sell at a discount.

I am not sure why I got these before Indy. But Get them today, I did. I really like the figure despite how basic it is for the price. It will require some futzing to get the robe to look nice. but I think that someone who is very good with this stuff could really make this thing look cool!

I will get some pics up as soon as I can futz them into looking as good as some of the currently posted pics.

Another thing I really like is that even with the helmet extending below their necks and with all of the clothing that is going on with this figure...there is still very good (not great, but very good) articulation in the neck.

And I loves me my artculation on my figures!

Not as good as some of the pics we get. I do not have very good ambient light and the flash pics really suck!

DSC05283a.jpg

Oh, by the way (sorry for the multi-posting), I believe that the strength of this figure will be in the posing of the robe. There is a LOT of material to work with (I have over half of it tucked behind the figure). And anyone who like to do flowing robes will be in heaven with this figure! TONS of material and LOTS of wire to hold it in place with!

Here is a kind of a pathetic attempt at a wind-blown look. The idea here was more to show how much material there is and the strength of the wire to hold it in place in most any way.

DSC05284a.jpg

looks cool... i remember the original ROTJ trailer had a glimpse of the RG... good memories and a cool representation.

Looks pretty good... but one of those figures I don't want enough for the $$$.

How is the scale; is he 12" like the Clones, or a shorty?

Not as good as some of the pics we get. I do not have very good ambient light and the flash pics really suck!

DSC05283a.jpg

Looking at this guy, you could kick his ass easy. That helmet is fixed in one direction with a small slit to see through. Makes all those Ninja Royal Guards even more silly.

Back