Medicom Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you put this in perspective: This costs as much as (2) SS General Obi-wan in Clone Armor figures. No way it can be worth that.

I don't think anyone ever tried to convince anyone of that. It's not! It's just that this while a good looking and cool figure, it's still a background character and not in most people's top priority. Now when Han comes out it'll be a different story. Still too expensive, but a must character!

Whoops!
I got my 18-20 days notice!!
What to do!!!
I want these guys bad, but with taxes and shipping it'll be cheaper if I get them somewhere else...
Cancel them and be patient. Especially if you ordered more than one. It's all but certain that if you wait a while you can probably pick up TWO of these for not more more than the price of one from SSC right now. No-brainer. I never even bothered placing an order for one. Way, way, WAY over-priced.

I just cancelled this guys...I'll pick them up later, since Medi's aren't that hard to find...
too bad because I really want them, but with so much stuff coming... Gandalf, Iron man, Machiko, Indy... wow...

Yes, it is a mystery why Sideshow doesn't step in and ADJUSTS the price of these Medicom figures for the US/International market. They must realize that people KNOW that these Medicom figures are not worth the price that they're asking. Selling these figures at an appropriate price would result in more sales in a shorter time I suppose.
But I suspect that Sideshow doesn't really need to sell the Medicom figures to make profit. They just secured the collaboration with Medicom for the US market, so nobody else can import them. So everybody that wants to sell Medicom in the US has to go though Sideshow, which is a good thing for Sideshow, but not for the customers. I wonder how much Sideshow really likes us... :monkey2.

Star wars shop FTW!
Yes that's right. But it's only the Medicom Star Wars figures they offer, whereas Sideshow sells other Medicom licences too (Charlie Brown, Anime & manga, Disney, ...). I think it would be hard for Medicom to get around StarWarsShop. Actually I'm surprised that SWS doesn't have a monopoly on selling the Medicom Star Wars items, or "first dips" at least. By all means, there must be some kind of agreement, cause when SWS has a Medicom SW figure, SSC won't have it, and vice versa.
The most important thing how ever is that SWS sell the Medicom figures for less. Some are still to expensive IMO though.

Looks like I will have these guys soon as well! I got my charge and shipping notice today! I am very much loking forward to getting these!

I really had high hopes for this figure. I was hoping for the same armored costume that the hasbro 4 inch figure had underneath it's robes. Still looks nice, but not for the price. After getting the Medi Jango, I know that they can really take a figure to the limit. To bad they missed a golden opportunity with the Royal Guard.

I really had high hopes for this figure. I was hoping for the same armored costume that the hasbro 4 inch figure had underneath it's robes. Still looks nice, but not for the price. After getting the Medi Jango, I know that they can really take a figure to the limit. To bad they missed a golden opportunity with the Royal Guard.

That's exactly why I canceled. No armor underneath. And at that pricepoint, the lack of attention to detail is inexcusable.

Got this guy today. He's got a maroon shirt and pants to go with his maroon robe and maroon boots and the red cloak. The hand holds the spear-thingie pretty good. Wire in the cloak and the under robe - but I kind of wished it hadn't - I have no idea what to do with all this wire - it would look better if it just hung down.

I got nothing else. Not exactly the most exciting figure ever released.

Back