Medicom RAH Alien 2008 (Sideshow)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom RAH Alien 2008!

BTW, this will be pricey... retail of about $189 USD (converted from the Yen)... add about another $30 to import and that makes me :monkey2:monkey2

Still think HT will deliver the definitive version.

If it's predominantly plastic, the articulation is gonna take a big hit, especially in the torso. Judging by the image, it looks like Medicom is going the same route as Hot Toys in terms of using some sort of sheath to cover the joints. That's my guess because I can't see any exposed joints on the figure.

Can't wait to see more pics. I need to know how the hip artic is going to work.

BTW, this will be pricey... retail of about $189 USD (converted from the Yen)... add about another $30 to import and that makes me :monkey2:monkey2

Still think HT will deliver the definitive version.

If this figure is made similar to HT and costs that much, I'll most likely pass on this figure. HT's should come in at $130 like usual, even at $150, for proper scale and and quality will be a better deal. I'm still going to follow the news on this figure, but if some of this information pans out true I'll be jumping ship.

Seems the more custom the body the more we'll end up paying. The Fist of the North Star figures were more than other standard body figures... this looks like it would have to be all new, so I'd expect a large price tag.

This figure looks nice and to me I don't why so many think Hot Toys will be better. Their Alien stuff is cool but so far they are not on the accurate side of things. I do hope thet will try on the Giger Alien to go for a more accurate sculpt but I wouldn't count on it and I hope I'm wrong. All in all it's a very good time to be an Alien fan.

This figure looks nice and to me I don't why so many think Hot Toys will be better. Their Alien stuff is cool but so far they are not on the accurate side of things. I do hope thet will try on the Giger Alien to go for a more accurate sculpt but I wouldn't count on it and I hope I'm wrong. All in all it's a very good time to be an Alien fan.

There's a lot of Medi haters here.:monkey3

...Still think HT will deliver the definitive version.

I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

And for the record...I LOVE this figure. And if I can just figure out where to pre-order it...it will be mine!

I don't understand the problem with the scale alot of people seem to have. All I see is "It's not in scale with the HT figs" "It's going to look out of scale with my 1:6 figs". I guess that's fine, if that's all you collect is 1:6 stuff.

But, at least, appreciate it for what it is...a damn fine Alien figure sculpt.

I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

And for the record...I LOVE this figure. And if I can just figure out where to pre-order it...it will be mine!

I don't understand the problem with the scale alot of people seem to have. All I see is "It's not in scale with the HT figs" "It's going to look out of scale with my 1:6 figs". I guess that's fine, if that's all you collect is 1:6 stuff.

But, at least, appreciate it for what it is...a damn fine Alien figure sculpt.

Yeah,the scale counter is gettiing a bit boring.You can always find other ways of displaying your stuff.I have some things that aren't in scale with some of my other collectables,but I don't right them off just because their not in scale.If it looks great as this figure does,then it will be on my shelf.

HT's Aliens do look good but if it's legs break just from looking at it then it doesn't deserve to be on my shelf.That is the only figure that I've ever had break on me in that way and I didn't touch it.I had another one that it's chest rubber just peeled open all on it's own.Crap!!

I would never buy one of those things again.

Personally I've had more problems with Medi figures breaking than HT. And the scale thing is, of course, a HUGE issue. At 11.8 inches this Alien isn't even in scale with RAH human figures. Hopefully 300mm is just a scale note rather than the actual height - but I'll wait for HT's Giger Alien anyway.

Guess you ignored my earlier post MF :monkey2:monkey2 A fun figure for being as old as it is, but definitely dated. There were many variations (about 5), all the same body... but different colors and some were translucent. One (or maybe two) of which had the big chap style head.

aliend.jpg

And about the scale issue, I am primarily a 1/6 collector, so having a Giger Alien that clocks in at under 12" is a problem for me and how I display my figures. As a stand alone piece it looks phenomenal... but in the context of other figures being that small would be a problem.

Like Dave I hope the 300mm is just guide, and not the actual size.

Sorry GB, totally missed it, not sure how.

As for the scale of this figure, it's not persay critical, but some factors do weigh in relative to it.

1. If the figure is 12" or shorter, then it comes down to deciding if it's worth getting for being a figure by itself that can't incorporate into a line/collection of ALIEN pieces.

2. If the figures is 12" or shorter, then the whole thing would be quite small and if it comes in more than $120, it becomes questionable how much it's worth that money.

I totally understand being built unique and not using a recycleable body, it's going to cost more, but depending on the price, it may be hard to feel comfortable spending the money it costs for what you get.

Yeah,the scale counter is gettiing a bit boring.You can always find other ways of displaying your stuff.I have some things that aren't in scale with some of my other collectables,but I don't right them off just because their not in scale.If it looks great as this figure does,then it will be on my shelf.

Hmmm would this figure come w/interchangeable hands like HT? And oh yes I will display this awesome figure next to my ROTS Vader! :chew Isn't Vader and the alien both the same if not close too 6' 8" tall in the movies? :confused:

I was just messing with you MF :lol Medicom really was the first company to tackle strange figures like this in 1/6. And this figure and the predator are pretty innovative. But being based on a really bad body (Combat Joe) the end product is pretty dated.

Obviously this new one will be very nice, just not sure if it will be a sure thing. Especially since I think HT will at least be more poseable.

Obviously this new one will be very nice, just not sure if it will be a sure thing. Especially since I think HT will at least be more poseable.

What's of concern to me is that it sounds like they'll be using a similar technique to HT to hide joints and such, and if that's true, there's no precedent to how that material will hold up persay. When I bought my first HT Alien, I knew from around here what I was getting into at least.

Anybody knows the Medi Alien fig is a true rah or will be a VCD figure ala Ryuk of Death Note?

Back