Medicom RAH Alien 2008 (Sideshow)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom RAH Alien 2008!

Very interesting...looks like Medicom is looking to beat Hot Toys to the punch and get their Giger ALIEN re-do out before Hot Toys does their's.

Hopefully this will get Hot Toys rolling on their version.

AT LEAST IT WILL BE THE FIRST ARTICULATE ALIEN FIGURE DONE FROM THE ALIEN 1 MOVIE.

Not true, I believe Medicom did an ALIEN already in the past, i think I've seen it on eBay, but this is definitely the nicest looking one.

Hopefully this will get Hot Toys rolling on their version.

I'm sure they're hard at work on it, they're not going to do Nostromo crew without the creature, but I'm sure they're aware of the uproar over anatomical innaccurracies of the ALIENS figure, so they probably need to work extra hard to continue the quality of their Alien figures while matching Giger's design best they can.

Yeah the military ones are "cheap" still but will probably rise when they sell out too. I guess not as much people buy military figs as they buy aliens/preds etc. But the pre-order makes the wait longer and thats the down side of that, id say. At least if you cant wait to get it 1 sec after you`ve placed the pre-order. Lol.

You're right...their military figs often sell out, too. I remember when I used to collect marvel legends, and not wanted to spend the $50-60 on a case, now I'm spending 2-3x that on one figure. It's bad when $100 is a cheap figure lol. The wait does stink, but I've learned my lesson: pre-order, wait, save cash overall, and not having to search high and low for the figure.

The wait does stink, but I've learned my lesson: pre-order, wait, save cash overall, and not having to search high and low for the figure.
That i agree on =).

Btw, the military fig id like the most atm is the Hot Toys Military - U.S. Army 10th Mountain Division Sniper. Hes awesome, but oh lets not ruin the ALIEN thread lol.

Gahgantu.

I'm sure they're hard at work on it, they're not going to do Nostromo crew without the creature, but I'm sure they're aware of the uproar over anatomical innaccurracies of the ALIENS figure, so they probably need to work extra hard to continue the quality of their Alien figures while matching Giger's design best they can.

They kind of did, their RAS (series, hot heroes) figure had a couple of variants and one of them was the clear dome head. But, while cool at the time its not anything to write home about... here's mine next to the HT AVP warrior.

It was basically a combat Joe body, then given rubbery coverings to look like an Alien... mine would be from Aliens.

aliend.jpg

And while this looks really well done, just on first impressions the body color looks a bit too uniform, and of course the size (if really 300mm) will be a deal breaker. Aside from that, it looks to be a great entry from Medicom.

Its too short
Ill wait for the HT version
you know its coming out sooner or later

I'll get this one as a cool standalone figure. As nice as HT's will be to have, and in scale with other figures, the Medicom is likely going to be solid plastic, which makes for longer durability, and would allow for repaints that really make it shine. I'd love to get this figure and let Les work on it, I bet he could achieve more with it than HT's materials, I know the rubber elements can be a problem sometimes.

MAN! THAT IS ONE BEAUTIFUL SCULPT TOO!!!!

alienmedicom1.jpg

If that is not true 1/6 scale, then why make it?????
Damn! I sure hope he's at least 14" if not moreso...
Let us pray!

Anyone get this info, and post it!
WOW! Hot Toys, take notes dudes!

I'll get this one as a cool standalone figure. As nice as HT's will be to have, and in scale with other figures, the Medicom is likely going to be solid plastic, which makes for longer durability, and would allow for repaints that really make it shine. I'd love to get this figure and let Les work on it, I bet he could achieve more with it than HT's materials, I know the rubber elements can be a problem sometimes.

If it's predominantly plastic, the articulation is gonna take a big hit, especially in the torso. Judging by the image, it looks like Medicom is going the same route as Hot Toys in terms of using some sort of sheath to cover the joints. That's my guess because I can't see any exposed joints on the figure.

Can't wait to see more pics. I need to know how the hip artic is going to work.

I'm bothered by the scale. If Medicom sticks with the 11.8 inches (as noted as 300mm) it's going to be a bummer. Not only will it not fit in with the HT stuff, but big chap won't fit in with ANY other 1/6 figure out there, since he won't be true 1/6 unless he's at least 15-16 inches.

At least NOW, there is a solid figure for Hot Toys to compete with! Now, they have something accurate, and concrete to see and improve upon. That is power!
UNLIMITED POWER!!! :emperor

Opps, sorry, wrong franchise!

:D

Reading the Japanese description, it seems that they have "recreated the feeling of the skin" using some kind of soft material called sofubi. My guess is that it's some kind of rubber suit deal, but it's not clear what that means.

Sofubi is like soft vinyl.

It reminds me of a line of small figures called "Soul of Sofubi". There'll pretty popular I think.

Back