Medi + DX = Medix :: [Medix 2.0 Batman p.72]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medi + DX = Medix

Interesting! Did you buy a body with the rubber abs?

aaaah man, thanks a loooooooooooooooot fellas. I really really appreciate every comment and it makes me more motivated to get it more right and do some more mods there :) thanks really...

@piccolodaimaoh: I took the medi legs, because the rubber suit is just more pronounced. it matches the upper suit from Hot Toys perfectly. The colour of the rubber is the same and the kevlar parts and the suit under the kevlar parts are looking almost the same. I took also the cotton which was in the medi legs. that was the major reason why they have looked like legs from a woman. but no they're okay, still needs a bit futzing, but overall I'm more pleased with them as with the Hot Toys legs.

@vodoun: actually I've a spare medi bats that I've used for the mouth-piece mod for the Hot Toys OC figure. So the body layed here around and I've posed him in the meantime with the backpack etc, but always loved to do this mod, so I bought recently the Hot Toys upper suit and chest plates from the DX (kudos to Platty who gave me the ebay auction link for that :D ).

@Seb: ah man thanks :) it makes me proud to hear a compliment from you! :) and you know I'm so proud to be also witness for your upcoming mods! :)

And thanks again to all for the comments :)
Still have to mod the chest piece a bit. It still hasn't a perfect fit and have to do the neck mod afterwards when everything is finished.

whoah so many posts in such a short time, thanks guys a lot! :)

Will do some more shots when I've worked a bit more on it :)

@Evilface: Nope it's the medi body. Actually I hate that body so much, the arms break sooo easy :monkey3 but still it's thinner then the Hot Toys body, so I choosed the Medi one for this mod

Track down one of the newer hot toys Slim type bodies. they're about the same size as the medicom body, slightly larger, but the difference is negligible, and they have the sturdier qualities of the Hot toys truetype.

Hmm, for me the best Dark Knight batman out there.

I'd like to think I had a part in that!

Great work Thrust.

Thrustmaster, you are the man! :clap

That looks amazing! You officially have the BEST TDK Bats on this board. I am insanely jealous. :(

Seriously man, great job, it looks epic. :rock

Very very nice thrust :rock!!!

I was going to do something similar but not a total switch out like you have but I have yet to get a hold of an upper body.

But again looks great! And I can wait for th finished product!

Hmm, for me the best Dark Knight batman out there.

You officially have the BEST TDK Bats on this board.

oh wow :bow thanks a lot for that, but there are so many other tdk bats out there which are looking just perfect like vodouns, neos, vans, gipettos etc :)

@gipetto: thanks man :hi5:
i can't wait to see here some new Medixes (what would be the plural of Medix? :D) from some Members :D

here is just a shot while I'm working at it of only the body:

bat-medi-dx-body.png

cheers :wave

Hey thrust I didn't read all your posts did you put the medi suit pm another body or keep it on the medicom body? Also how do the colors compare with the 2 suits and did you do the chest flattening mod?

Hey thrust I didn't read all your posts did you put the medi suit pm another body or keep it on the medicom body? Also how do the colors compare with the 2 suits and did you do the chest flattening mod?

it's the medi body first, then I've cutted the uppersuit with the chestpiece which is nearly one part (uppersuit+chest). arms and neck are seperate pieces. afterwards I put the dx upper suit on the body and then afterwards the chest piece. but the upper suit from the dx is way too thick, so I had to to cut here and there something on the shoulder-area and chest area so the chest would fit better and would not spring that out like the ht dk v1. it was really a lot of cutting-work :p

the colors are matching perfectly. also they work with the design a lot better then the hot toys parts together. I just love the combination between the legs and the hot toys dx upper suit. you really can't say that these parts were from two figures.

Those arms and the DX upper body go together like love and marriage, a horse and carriage etc

Need.....tutorial.........so.........gippetto..........can.........make.......me one............ *HACKPTH COUGH WHEEZE* :thud:

:monkey3

Need.....tutorial.........so.........gippetto..........can.........make.......me one............ *HACKPTH COUGH WHEEZE* :thud:

:monkey3

Hahaha not to sound rude or cocky but I don't think I'd need a tutorial. I like to figure these things out on my own. I have an idea on how to do it already

Back