MCU - Phase Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You nailed it Kostis. Definitely more miss than hit. I just want the badass stuff like Moon Knight and hopefully F4 hits the mark. Pumped for Blade, but you never know how that might go without R rating. Heavy hitters are gone, Hemsworth likes to be jokey and will probably take a backseat to Portman and Tessa. It just fills like the filler in comics that are between events.
The MCU is basically a bunch of dumbed down blockbusters. I love a good Summer Blockbuster, but the MCU isn't that. They're Cinema-Released TV Movies. That's what they've always felt like to me, and I'm not seeing any change. Say what you will about Bayformers, but the first three at least, were pure, glorious, cinematic fun. You know what, I miss even stuff like The Island. Pure, mindless, good-looking fun. I remember reading WildStorm back in the day. The 00s were full of comics that were made to be blockbusters. But I never got The Authority or Planetary. I never got Astonishing X-Men. The Avenges wasn't even 1/100th as cool as The Ultimates. It seems that for a genre that's pretty much the definition of mindless, we can't even get spectacle. It goes beyond special effects. It has to do with the camera work, the aesthetics, the personal touch of a film-maker. Solaris 2002 isn't as good as Tarkovsky's, but it still has merit. I can see Soderbergh's cinematography in there. The way the film unfolds is its own. There is just nothing really cinematic about the MCU for me.

So when I look at all these, I know that they're just watered down versions of the same, recycled, cape**** stories I wasted so much time on. So what's the point? I have some favourite characters that I want to see in Live-Action, so I can stomach the mediocrity, but all the rest leave me cold. What just dissapoints me is that we could've had one or two great blockbusters per year, instead of this assembly line banality.

I need "The Snap" that can get rid of half of all MCU upcoming content. Those that survive will thank me.
Wouldn't that be a treat... There's just no real point to it all. They exist because "why the Hell not?".

From FB HT Korean Group. A great map of what is ahead.

162705853_1945809122237762_8281326865340711573_n.jpg

163525521_1945809168904424_1403815742002922669_n.jpg

Geez so much stuff going on! :panic:

From FB HT Korean Group. A great map of what is ahead.

162705853_1945809122237762_8281326865340711573_n.jpg

163525521_1945809168904424_1403815742002922669_n.jpg

Black panther July 2022? Honestly and I know I?m gonna get flack for this but they should just recast him. It?s very unfortunate but he didn?t own the character and when Heath died they didn?t stop casting joker

Starts to look like an old comic book rack where I find I have no interested in anything out this week.

Sad to see GOTG v3 so far away.

This makes it easier for me to adhere to my rule of only getting figures from Infinity War and Endgame (with a few Spider-man exceptions). There's a number of these that look interesting but many that I don't have background from comics so they might surprise me. You do have to give Marvel credit for continuing a long term roadmap like this. I don't see this culminating in another big close-out epic like IW/EG did for phase 3...

Lineup sucks. Give me Zack Snyder's Justice League 2 & 3 pls. :monkey1

Black panther July 2022? Honestly and I know I?m gonna get flack for this but they should just recast him. It?s very unfortunate but he didn?t own the character and when Heath died they didn?t stop casting joker

Eh, the following Jokers were reboots set in different continuities, with different Batmen. It isn't like they slapped some Joker makeup on Joseph Gordon Levitt in Rises and kept the alleged pre-Heath's death Dark Knight sequel script.

That said, I think Disney is probably ripping their hair out with how to approach this. The obvious in-universe replacement would be Shuri, but she'll probably get Gina Carano'd.

I honestly think they'll create a new character and just pretend he's black panther or something.

They'll resurrect Killmonger and him being BP will be a way for him to atone for his sins or something similar. That's what I see happening.

They'll resurrect Killmonger and him being BP will be a way for him to atone for his sins or something similar. That's what I see happening.

That would be nice. I like when villains become anti heroes or the reluctant heroe. Like Vegeta in DBZ. He went from blowing up planets, trying t destroy earth, killing civilians, and even his own friends to marrying a human female, having a family, becoming a good husband and father, and willing to sacrifice himself for earth and his family and friends.

Killmonger even wears Vegeta's costume in the film.

m695qdL.jpg

He will be a more compelling Black Panther than Chadwick.

As for the upcoming MCU films, I'm looking forward to Dr Strange 2, Eternals, Spiderman (because of the multiverse), and Thor because of his new costume and Christian Bale as the villain.

I'm curious about Kang in Antman 3 too. Obviously, F4 too, but it's too early to tell.

That would be nice. I like when villains become anti heroes or the reluctant heroe. Like Vegeta in DBZ. He went from blowing up planets, trying t destroy earth, killing civilians, and even his own friends to marrying a human female, having a family, becoming a good husband and father, and willing to sacrifice himself for earth and his family and friends.

Killmonger even wears Vegeta's costume in the film.

m695qdL.jpg

He will be a more compelling Black Panther than Chadwick.

I liked Killmonger well enough. He didn't really "have a point" as Twitter claimed, but he was sympathetic and interesting. Moreso than the wet blanket that was T'Challa. I didn't like the first flick, but if the 2nd is more about Killmonger trying to redeem himself then I'd be more inclined to check it out due to the story's nature. Of if it's just Namor Vs. Wakanda.

phoenix-five-namor-destroys-wakanda-1.jpg

Of the announced movies so far, Doctor Strange 2 is the only one I have any real excitement for.

Ditto.

Already knew I'd be more into the D+ series more than the upcoming film slate. Evil Disney tho will throw crossover appearances into the films tho to get those fans into theaters.

Back