McHaleyArt's Custom SW Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McHaleyArt's Custom STAR WARS Thread

Hot Toys DARTH VADER Mod.
  • Hot Toys Vader Upper Body, Roadblock Lower (I think the Schwarzenegger legs are the same). Ankles modified to fit the HT Boots.
  • Sideshow ANH Vader Body Suit. IMO, it fits and looks better in 1/6 scale...even though HT suit is a beauty. The HT Vader Vest is underneath for more bulk.
  • Removed velcro from HT Belt. Took about 1/4" inch off the belt and moved the Buckle so the Lightsaber hook is in a better position.
  • Used a set of gloves I found in my parts box to replace the HT Hands for use with the HT Gauntlets.
  • You can't see it in these pics, but the Black Stripes on the Chest Armor (the ones that are supposed to be Gun Metal/Grey) were shaved down to match the bottom contour (more accurate).

BodyMod.jpg

B1.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: McHaleyArt's Custom STAR WARS Thread

Amazing!
Closer to the shape of Darth Vader ANH

Hot Toys DARTH VADER Mod.
  • Hot Toys Vader Upper Body, Roadblock Lower (I think the Schwarzenegger legs are the same). Ankles modified to fit the HT Boots.
  • Sideshow ANH Vader Body Suit. IMO, it fits and looks better in 1/6 scale...even though HT suit is a beauty. The HT Vader Vest is underneath for more bulk.
  • Removed velcro from HT Belt. Took about 1/4" inch off the belt and moved the Buckle so the Lightsaber hook is in a better position.
  • Used a set of gloves I found in my parts box to replace the HT Hands for use with the HT Gauntlets.
  • You can't see it in these pics, but the Black Stripes on the Chest Armor (the ones that are supposed to be Gun Metal/Grey) were shaved down to match the bottom contour (more accurate).

View attachment 245725

View attachment 245726

View attachment 245727

View attachment 245728

View attachment 245729

Fantastic work:clap and i agree the SS ANH suit looks more natural than the HT version..

Thanks everyone!
A lot of the ANH poses cover most of the suit up, so the HT suit definitely does a nice job. I just like to see as much of the figure's details as possible and the SSC suit helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, how were you able to attach the boots to the Roadblock legs; did you have to do a mod since they are not ball-jointed? He looks great BTW.

Thanks! I drilled a hole with my dremmel up through the ankle socket so the boot peg could fit. They're nice and snug. If you do this be careful and start small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What issues were there with the original legs and the Sideshow suit? Been trying to get ahold of one thinking I might change the suit out.

What issues were there with the original legs and the Sideshow suit? Been trying to get ahold of one thinking I might change the suit out.
I thought the legs looked a bit stubby with both the SSC suit and the HT suit while on the HT Legs. To change the shape, I needed to bulkier thighs or thinner Calves/shins. If you replace the HT calves with ones from a slim body It will also work...but I liked the larger leg switch that much better.

Further Vader Mods:
  • Put Chrome reflective sticker paper behind eye lenses.
  • Cut the front half of the inner Dome Block and back Rib. Moved the helmet forward just a tiny bit.
  • Painted "eyelids" black.
  • Painted (his) Left Tusk Stalk gunmetal/silver. Painted (his) Right Side of Mouth with more Gunmetal/silver.
  • Painted Chest Armor.
  • Added semi Gloss to Chest Box.
  • Painted Battle Damage on Belt/Boxes.
  • Cut slit in Cape and Tunic to drop some coins in to add weight.
  • Added Metal Buttons right behind Chest Box.

D4.jpg

D8.jpg

D11.jpg

Mark, superb looking Vader.

Thanks for posting all the mods you did to it also. Well done.

I'm condensing my mods into one list, in case anyone wants to reference them.
  • Put Chrome reflective sticker paper behind eye lenses.
  • Cut the front half of the inner Dome Block and back Rib. Moved the helmet forward just a tiny bit.
  • Painted "eyelids" black.
  • Painted (his) Left Tusk Stalk gunmetal/silver. Painted (his) Right Side of Mouth with more Gunmetal/silver.
  • Painted Chest Armor.
  • Added semi Gloss to Chest Box. Painted the Grey buttons darker.
  • Painted Battle Damage on Belt/Boxes.
  • Cut slit in Cape and Tunic to drop some coins in to add weight.
  • Added Metal Buttons right behind Chest Box.
  • Added texture to the inside of the dome. Sanded it. Then applied Mat Medium Gel mixed with Black paint. Then dry-brushed on Gloss Black.

E2.jpg

E3.jpg

E5.jpg

E22.jpg

E21.jpg

Back