McHaleyArt's Custom SW Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: McHaleyArt's Custom STAR WARS Thread

Switched to the Sideshow suit to see how it fits. I like that it's a bit more baggy.
A_Feb_2014.jpgA_Feb_2014_3.jpg
A_Feb_2014_2.jpgA_Feb_2014_4.jpg

Trying the plastic 'garden' chain on, rather then the metal one I had before.

Is that still the Koto head? Looks amazing. I have a Koto Vader and am thinking to do the same. Do you think it will be too small for the newest Sideshow Vader?

Is that still the Koto head? Looks amazing. I have a Koto Vader and am thinking to do the same. Do you think it will be too small for the newest Sideshow Vader?
Yes. It's the Koto head. And yes...way too small for the new Sideshow Vader. Unfortunate, this is.

General Grievous

I was originally going to use these 1/8" armature joints for Grievous' spine (as they are the correct shape) and pose his head/neck from there. I would have had to split his body in two to anchor it though, so I used them as the new neck joints instead. Using a piece of split tubing as his spine. The tubing is farther away form accurate, but I'm fine with it and it's easily adjustable when you pose the neck/head.
There's a screw going up into the neck joint with the head cut off, going back down into the body (drill small hole). When screwing it in, this just gets the base/ball joint of the neck into the hard plastic body...that isn't as flexible as the other sockets.
I covered the joints in Shrink Tubing.

At first, I had his neck and under-neck out a bit far...Gave him awesome hunch, but solid as the joints were, the figure looked less solid to me.
3.jpg
I took out a joint for the upper and lower necks, added a Y connecter for his head to connect to (removing part of the "Y").
2.jpg
This is what it looked like at first:
1.jpg
And now:
5.jpg
I also used Shrink Tubing to extend his Throat Tubes, etc. I'll revisit this at some time, replacing as much as I think looks better.
Again. 1st Try:
l.jpg
2nd Try:
4.jpg

Pics.......................

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 326
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 327
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 325

And THAT...is why I love this section. Very creative and looks amazing.

I changed GG's neck articulation again.
~Took out neck peg and previous custom neck spine.
~Replaced rubber spine with armature & heat shrink tubing. Now the neck/head is articulated from this point. Great for hunch poses, but until I find a way to telescope the spine he'll always be hunched...that's fine with me. He's got a great deal of hunch movement.
~Replaced the head to neck joint with a custom long ball peg. His head can easily move from straight up & down, looking forward to swiveling up for the hunch pose.
~Started to take out some of those rubber neck parts...they're just awful. Replaced his "Turkey Gizzard" with a tube spring and will eventually cover it with a thin, twisted reddish cloth.
~Did a wrist mod with ad extra pair of arms I had. Replaced the wrist joint with a smaller one. This was more of a curiosity and with the design of the figure is really unnecessary.
Will (eventually) do the Rory mod and add the pin for Ear Swivel.

w10.jpg

w14.jpg

w23.jpg

w28.jpg

Nice pic's of a really unique figure, well worth the effort to get him the way you want. :clap

Back