McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Mcfarlane is seeing where things are heading and is gonna try and jump into "statues" to stay more competitive. This is gonna get intersting as far as licensing and who gets to do what.

Re: McFarlane to produce The Walking Dead Figures

WalkingDead_Rick_4179.jpg

Rick looks pretty sweet I must say! I'm actually going to keep my eye on these now.

Nope....TWD will be 5" figures.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

lowercase lame too

Yeah, that sucks.

If NECA didnt take over, McF would still be making normal sized figures. Now McF had to reinvent themselves. I dont think for the better.

Yeah, that sucks.

If NECA didnt take over, McF would still be making normal sized figures. Now McF had to reinvent themselves. I dont think for the better.

NECA taking over was Mcfarlanes fault for not concentrating on what the market actually wants. He chose to focus on his sports figures instead of focusing on games and more "cooler" characters imo. I think I as well as others said if it wasnt for his sports figures and Halo they'd be gone for sure.

NECA taking over was Mcfarlanes fault for not concentrating on what the market actually wants. He chose to focus on his sports figures instead of focusing on games and more "cooler" characters imo. I think I as well as others said if it wasnt for his sports figures and Halo they'd be gone for sure.

weird nonlicensed released played into that too. zodiacs, circus animals, really?

weird nonlicensed released played into that too. zodiacs, circus animals, really?

Yeah I remember him saying the Dragons line did ok, but that was pretty much the start of it. Then yeah all that circus animals and I remember something about some characters from Egypt or something and then the zodiacs...great ideas, but just dont translate well to toys.

Even the military figures...they were cool, but it didnt look like they sold very well.

Untrue. NECA was taking every license out there, and shipping out figures faster then anyone could keep up with. Seriously, when NECA hit it big, they hit it ____ing BIG. McF hit their peak when they got the Alien and Predator stuff. That series could not have been higher in 2003-2004. McF got the rights to Texas Chainsaw, and other horror properties....and NECA got Sin City, and made every single character.

Then they tapped into the Spawn.Com forum's wishlists. Making figures from American Psycho, Donnie Darko, and Hellrasier.

That really helped. And then the kick in the balls was the licenses for every "cult like" film coming out...Kill Bill, 300, Halloween 2007, Devil's Rejects...and then Pirates was huge as well.

McF could not compete any more because the market was SATURATED with movie figures. I remember going to all the stores....NECA was everywhere. They nabbed every license possible, and McF's movie figures just werent making bank. So they tried other things. And some worked, and some didnt.

Halo worked. That's a fact. Probably their biggest selling line of all time. I mean, the scale allows vehicles, lots of guns, and they're also cheaper to produce. And can be marketed to kids with their articuation, as well as collectors for their sculpts. So it was a total win/win for them.

Problem is, people dont realize this, and contiune to blame McF like they had a choice. They didnt. Look at SOTA toys...they just died. All they made was movie toys, and Street Fighter. Guess which line was more succesful.

I was there, I went to all the stores, I saw all this first hand.

5" figures? ___k that. Outside of Star Wars 8" is as small as I go....but then I wasn't going to be buying these figures anyway. Not sure why posting.

Untrue. NECA was taking every license out there, and shipping out figures faster then anyone could keep up with. Seriously, when NECA hit it big, they hit it ____ing BIG. McF hit their peak when they got the Alien and Predator stuff. That series could not have been higher in 2003-2004. McF got the rights to Texas Chainsaw, and other horror properties....and NECA got Sin City, and made every single character.

Then they tapped into the Spawn.Com forum's wishlists. Making figures from American Psycho, Donnie Darko, and Hellrasier.

That really helped. And then the kick in the balls was the licenses for every "cult like" film coming out...Kill Bill, 300, Halloween 2007, Devil's Rejects...and then Pirates was huge as well.

McF could not compete any more because the market was SATURATED with movie figures. I remember going to all the stores....NECA was everywhere. They nabbed every license possible, and McF's movie figures just werent making bank. So they tried other things. And some worked, and some didnt.

Halo worked. That's a fact. Probably their biggest selling line of all time. I mean, the scale allows vehicles, lots of guns, and they're also cheaper to produce. And can be marketed to kids with their articuation, as well as collectors for their sculpts. So it was a total win/win for them.

Problem is, people dont realize this, and contiune to blame McF like they had a choice. They didnt. Look at SOTA toys...they just died. All they made was movie toys, and Street Fighter. Guess which line was more succesful.

I was there, I went to all the stores, I saw all this first hand.

Agree, but again I blame Mcfarlane for not doing there homework. They could have been on top still if they just stuck to what sold. Instead they let NECA get all the licenses and left Todd with "hmm im going to concentrate on my own releases and sports"...

next paragraph mcfarlane justify short size. trust quote from mcfarlane more than online store listing. around 5 is not 6.

Back