Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the stiff joints like the shoulder and abs I'm a bit more careful; holding around the base and feeling out the movement and that seems to be working out. When I push the leg/hip it will pop, but only when I really push it. Thankfully, It's very easy to pop back in. And the animated figure, the head movement is too small and really needs to be able to look up just a little bit more.

I think, for an artist, the worst mistake he is doing is the relative scale to each figure. That Batman head just jumps out as too small. The Harley is just wrong all over (head too big, body proportions are also too big), I just couldn't support it and cancelled that one. I really hope Batgirl works better.

Shame the regular Batman doesn't seem to have eyes. Kind of an important detail to have overlooked.

Saw both Batman DC #1000 and Animated Bats at Target yesterday. Something is really off about the standard Batman. I can't put my finger on it but he looks off. I was kind of fond of the animated figure though, much larger in person, definitely imposing kind of figure. Tried to buy it but the register stopped me and said it couldn't be sold until the 19th.

Saw both Batman DC #1000 and Animated Bats at Target yesterday. Something is really off about the standard Batman. I can't put my finger on it but he looks off. I was kind of fond of the animated figure though, much larger in person, definitely imposing kind of figure. Tried to buy it but the register stopped me and said it couldn't be sold until the 19th.
It might be a combination between his eye shape and the space between his head and emblem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Man, I think these could be a customizers dream. They seem like really high quality figures compared to what Mattel has given us. It's inspiring to finally have retail DC figures that rival DCCollectibles or NECA, especially as McF adapts and gets into a groove. I've had a vision about the BTAS Batman looking pretty good with a fix up...
Screen-Shot-2020-01-14-at-4-50-07-AM.png

McF was preeetty close to getting it right actually. Superman could go through some similar changes to really kick him up a notch or two. I'm already thinking about all the possibilities of what can be done with the other figures. Hmm hmm hmm.

Man, I think these could be a customizers dream. They seem like really high quality figures compared to what Mattel has given us. It's inspiring to finally have retail DC figures that rival DCCollectibles or NECA, especially as McF adapts and gets into a groove. I've had a vision about the BTAS Batman looking pretty good with a fix up...
Screen-Shot-2020-01-14-at-4-50-07-AM.png

McF was preeetty close to getting it right actually. Superman could go through some similar changes to really kick him up a notch or two. I'm already thinking about all the possibilities of what can be done with the other figures. Hmm hmm hmm.

It seems like they wanted to reuse the same mold for both BTAS and TBNA. This is definitely much closer to TBNA than BTAS. If they would have released this instead of their BTAS colored version, I'm sure more people would be somewhat interested in this.

Walmart had the regular and animated Bats figures when I stopped in this morning. The standard Bats looks pretty great in person. I didn?t care much for the animated one just because it?s so freakin? huge compared to how he looks on the show. Makes me excited to see what they?ll do for future lines though. I haven?t bought standard sized action figures in years but I may end up having to pick some of these up.

I bought the Detective Comics 1000 Batman and honestly, was disappointed. His ankle joints are loose and he's already taken a dive off the shelf in the 6 hours I've owned him. Yes, he was on the stand. Didn't really help.

Hopefully no one else has this problem.

Hey Mcfarlane, how about figures based off of the new Black series books? I would buy the heck out of some White Knight figures. Or maybe lines based of of classic runs? Like The Wolfman, Perez Teen Titans?

Got the "animated Batman" today.

I like it quite a bit. But while it is an animated Batman, it definitely not a TAS Batman.

Yea isn?t it TNBA sculpt with BTAS suit/colors? Don?t know what they were thinking as I prob would?ve gotten it, if it were accurate to either. Not a mash up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea isn?t it TNBA sculpt with BTAS suit/colors? Don?t know what they were thinking as I prob would?ve gotten it, if it were accurate to either. Not a mash up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, it leans more TNBA. It's cool in it's own right as a mashup, but not what the line needed right out of the gate.

I'm currently working on transforming it into a full TNBA Batman. This is my concept reference.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 4.50.07 AM.jpg

Not to mention this exact version pairs with the STAS superman. The original BTAS never did. McF's Superman is far more accurate to the source, and its a pretty cool figure overall. It needs a few mods and a matte finish to really put it over the edge.

Saw Animated Batman and Harley at target last night. Idk what's the retail on it but it was marked $19.99, I thought when I see them in person I would get excited. Maybe if they go on clearance I probably would pick them up.

So Superman has that mullet hair in hand. That sucks.

Definitely an unfortunate interpretation of the Animated Superman's hairstyle. It definitely goes along the back of the head but is certainly not pronounced.

maxresdefault.jpg

The body of the figure isn't too shabby

I saw animated Batman and Superman at Target the other day, and I was very tempted. They look pretty good even if they aren't entirely accurate.

I found the Batgirl today and was very impressed. Way better than the Batman one I bought, and her ankle joints are not loose.

Back