Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Studio Session-1794 rz.jpg

"It was you all right! I remember the taste of my blood! You always make me taste my blood!"

Studio Session-1804 RZ.jpg

Yeah Wonder Woman is the only one that really stands out. The waves with no new characters have quickly lost interest to me.

Metal is right up Todd’s alley so that isn’t gonna happen.

The figures themselves are often spectacular; the core problem has been and continues to be the character selection. Hopefully in Year 2 they get a bit more adventurous. It's kind of insane we haven't even seen Aquaman given how popular his movie was.

The reason I got into collecting the 7? figures is because of McFarlane Dark Nights line lol. Never really interested in the toyetic look that the Marvel/DC lines previously did. I love good sculpts, and these deliver. I do wish they would make a line from the DC animated movies though.

thumbnail_1A36575D-1030-4398-A695-E9FE7E0CE072.jpg
The figures themselves are often spectacular; the core problem has been and continues to be the character selection. Hopefully in Year 2 they get a bit more adventurous. It's kind of insane we haven't even seen Aquaman given how popular his movie was.

McF know they cannot please everyone. So they are playing it Bat safe, he's the most popular character and will please the biggest % of Dc collectors. Every other character is niche compared to Batman. Aquaman would be great but then which version? Movie miffs the comic book guys, comic book miffs the movie guys....hook hand miffs the super friends guys.....no pleasing us Dc toy collectors.

I have always been a classics collector but Todd has my attention with what he has given us so far, amazing sculpts mostly of characters that I am unfamiliar with but make amazing toys. I am kind of refreshed as I was ready to hang up my cape after the demise of DCUC-a line I loved and built the universe.

I am intrigued and look forward to more cool stuff...as long as it isn't movie/tv or game verse....ha ha...see no pleasing us collectors we all want our own personal corners of the Dc Multiverse catered for.

thumbnail_DF97DFBF-1F3E-4196-B44E-35673B3AEEAC.jpg
thumbnail_579E46E8-5595-44F8-89BB-869D34041BB2.jpg
flashcatch.jpg

Every other character is niche compared to Batman.

Like I said before, if that's really the rationale used, then it's ****cking sad.

Movie miffs the comic book guys, comic book miffs the movie guys....hook hand miffs the super friends guys.....no pleasing us Dc toy collectors.

If that were an issue, we wouldn't see Todd doing movie, game and TV figures to begin with. He's already embraced the concept of multiple mediums in this line. Again, it's the character selection that's the problem for the most part.

Batman Beyond looks great at least.

Batman-Beyond-DCM-Preview.jpg

Back