MaulFan's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GODZILLA.jpg

From left to right starting with the back row.

Imperial, Generic, Imperial, Toy Biz American, X-Plus 1954

Bandai 2003, Banpresto 1954, Bandai 2004

Bandai 1985, Bandai 1991, Trendmasters, Unknown 1989

Bandai 1995, X-Plus 2002, Bandai 2004 mini, Bandai 2000, Bandai 1993

Bandai 1974, Bandai 1965, Bandai 1967, Bandai 1968

X-Plus 1964, Bandai 1964, Bandai 1954, Bandai 1955, X-Plus 1965

Trandmaster Ghidrah, Trendmasters American

Bandai Chronicles 1985, Trendmasters Mechagodzilla 2, Bandai American, Bandai 2004 mini, Bandai Yuji Sakai Concepts 1954

Bandai Yuji Sakai Complete Works 1954, Banpresto 1954 mini bust, Bandai Yuji Sakai Complete Works 1985

Bandai Super X, Bandai Super X 2

Great Update Maul, Great Godzilla Collection, Cool, When holding a Godzilla and you speak do the words get out of sync? :D

I was thinking the same thing! That hicks head is fantastic! Great collection!

That X-Plus 1954 is off the hook! Love it :rock

And I see you don't have this yet... but I humbly submit the Medicom 1954. Rubber suit (replica of the film) with a dude inside :rock

Forgive my terrible photos...
Godzilla RAH Review

I used to have that huge Godzilla in your back row on the left. . .I wonder what happened to it?

And I had no idea that the Medicom RAH Godzilla Galactiboy reviewed even existed. Very cool idea. I might have to track one down.

That X-Plus 1954 is off the hook! Love it :rock

And I see you don't have this yet... but I humbly submit the Medicom 1954. Rubber suit (replica of the film) with a dude inside :rock

Forgive my terrible photos...
Godzilla RAH Review

It's nice, but for what it costs, it just doesn't quite capture the look of the 54 Godzilla well enough for me. I've gotten a bit snobby about pieces based on that suit. The X-Plus was my first and it was one of the best Godzilla pieces I could get my hands on at the time, but if I were to consider buying it now, I'd probably pass for the inaccurracies.

The best Godzilla 1954 pieces are sculpted by Yuji Sakai. The 9" Banpresto is the best 1954 Godzilla figure I've ever seen and I'm so glad I was able to acquire one quite recently.

1.jpg

I also have a 3" tall Yuji Sakai diorama of the 1954 Godzilla stomping through Tokyo, and a 4" tall "maquette" of the 1954 suit sculpted by Sakai and it's amazing, that little 4" figure is better than a lot of my 6" and bigger stuff, Sakai is an amazing sculpting talent for Godzilla. I'm currently awaiting a 4" 1995 and 1962 figure based on him and a mini diorama of the 54 Godzilla puppet over the mountain representing the first time Godzilla was ever seen on screen.

The 1954 and 1985 are my absolute favorite suits, with the 1989/1991 suit right behind them. I love Godzilla looking like a viscious beast of destruction and those suits had the right mix of body shape and spine style to embody that. I like the randomness of the spike design on the 54, there's one spike that has a slight curve at the outermost part of it that looks really cool to me, the Bandai figure didn't capture it but all of Sakai's sculpts capture it beautifully.

I think the attraction of the Medicom (to me) is that its an actual 1/6 figure... whereas usually Godzilla is a fully sculpted piece.

BTW, have you ever seen the Marui R/C Godzilla? It is massive... I think around 3ft long :google

I think the attraction of the Medicom (to me) is that its an actual 1/6 figure... whereas usually Godzilla is a fully sculpted piece.

BTW, have you ever seen the Marui R/C Godzilla? It is massive... I think around 3ft long :google

There's actually a few large Godzilla's out there. I've seen a couple at toy shows, like 2 feet tall, 3 feet long based on the suits with the huge tails, but they're rare and being imported, always cost a lot and I was only like 12-13 when I was seeing them, well out of budget at that age. I'd love to have one though. My tallest is about 14" and it's the cheesy Imperial one, the tallest, accurrate one I have is the 9" Banpreso 54.

And I can understand actually having a figure of Godzilla instead of more statuesque stuff, I just get picky about the visual once you start getting up over the $50 price tag and Medicom just doesn't cut it for me. There's a lot of 1954 figures out there that have awkward postures or misproportions or odd body poses and I've passed on them all, the Banpresto one doesn't pop up much but it's fantastic. One thing I really don't like about the Medicom is the hand/arm pose, he looks more like he's doing bicep curls than the awkward way the 54 Godzilla held his hands.

With the unveiling of Sideshow's Rambo PF, I've been inspired to revisit my Rambo collection.

This is update 1 of 2.

So, for starters, I went back to my Hot Toys collection, adding, at last, the Colonel Trautman figure, and adding and upgrading some of the weapons of the figures, and swapping M65 Rambo onto a Hot Toys Narrow True Type.

I've also purchased 3 8.5" x 11" Rambo prints from artist Bill Pruit, beautiful artwork and a great addition to the collection. Pruitt's done a number of Stallone based pieces, at least on his site and sales, most heavily based on Rocky and Rambo.

RAMBO7.jpg

RAMBO1.jpg

RAMBO2.jpg

RAMBO3.jpg

RAMBO4.jpg

RAMBO5.jpg

RAMBO6.jpg

Last edited:
Rambo update 2 of 2.

What Rambo collection would be complete without a knife replica :D

I started out with the intention of only getting the Rambo 2 knife, it's my favorite design of all the knives, but when I received it and had the feeling of wielding a Rambo knife, I started thinking about the others. First I decided to get the machette from Rambo 4 because that's my favorite movie in the series now, then I was interested in getting the Rambo 3 knife because it's a beast :lol, after that, it was like, why not get the First Blood knife and have all 4. Found some nice deals on eBay that allowed me to get them for under retail.

First Blood - United Cutlery

Rambo: First Blood Part 2 - Master Cutlery / HCG Standard Edition

Rambo 3 - Master Cutlery / HCG Standard Edition

Rambo - United Cutlery Hibben IV v2 (customized blade)

RAMBO8.jpg

RAMBO9.jpg

And just to give a sense of scale, here's one with a 1/6 figure in the shot too.

RAMBO10.jpg

Thats a beast of a knife from Rambo 3.

Will you be unboxing all your Hot Toys figs now?...

Love the Rambo update. I always thought about getting all the knives as well.
No interest in the Halo edition?

Honestly, no, the Halo figure is labelled Rambo and has Stallone heads, but it doesn't feel Rambo to me, it was such a brief look for him in the movie, didn't really have an impact. I love Rambo, but not in a way that any old figure or appearance has to be bought, I'm particular. I removed the tank top on my Rambo 3 because for me, Rambo 2 and Rambo 3 are defined by the shirtless look. The only multiples from one film I really could see myself buying would be from First Blood, which I have, and Rambo, if they ever get to it. If HT does a DX, depending on what's in the set, I might have multiples, I'd like figures of his 3 core looks from that film, the Boat Man look, his full battle fatigues, and then his homecoming garbs.

Thats a beast of a knife from Rambo 3.

Will you be unboxing all your Hot Toys figs now?...

All of my figures are unboxed, but due to lack of space, they are stored, with pieces rotated in and out of display.

I have a desk, which you see, that has the space my Rambo stuff now occupies, and then the JAWS maquette and 1 Godzilla figure are all I can really put up on on the surface of the desk, I have a dresser which is my Shrine O'Maul with the 1:1, PF and 1/6 Mauls on display, as well as the BD and Full 1/2 scale Maul sabers from MR. I have a bookcase, but it's not very deep so there's limits to what can go there, I have the Salacious Crumb 1:1 sitting atop one of my storage bins of 1/6 figures, and the Jabba throne on top of the others.

I buy beyond my space right now, one day I will have the space to really enjoy it, but through my photography, I'm able to enjoy my collection despite not having most of it out on display.

As far as the knives, they're intimidating visually, and probably with the right force, could do damage, but the blades are dull, I can run them over my skin and barely leave a scratch, let alond draw blood, not that I want them as weapons, but certainly would make them cooler.

The machette is just a powerful feeling weapon, between size and it is very heavy, you feel like you could really kick some ass holding it. The First Blood and Rambo 2 knives feature hollow handles with survival kits and compasses on the insides just like in the movies too.

Back