Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I think it's a real testament to the line that you guys can't even imagine a better representation.

I don't know what will come next. I don't know if there will be a movie in the next 10 years or if the script will keep limping its way through development hell for the next decade. But I do know that the classic image of the core He-Man characters will always have a demand. I would be very surprised if this is the last line which creates classic versions of the core He-Man MOTU characters. Which is not to say that I expect every D-List character will live again, but the core will. Mark my words, there will be another classic Sorceress within the next 10 years. Will she be superior to this one? I really have no idea, but I won't go so far as to say I cannot imagine she might be.

Wow. I think it's a real testament to the line that you guys can't even imagine a better representation.

I did clearly said that we may get better MOTU figures in the future but if you are referring to better respresntations of the 80's characters, I just cannot see it myself.

I did clearly said that we may get better MOTU figures in the future but if you are referring to better respresntations of the 80's characters, I just cannot see it myself.

I'm not sure that we could call them better figures if they're not representations of the 80s figures.

Take Sorceress. I don't have the standard version of her, but I do have the white one. She's a solid figure. The sculpt is great. But they really went out on a limb with that cape/feathers. I could imagine that being done better. Heck, if THIS line were to continue past 2015 I wouldn't be surprised if they took another whack at her.

Besides, 10 years from now we'll all have 3D printers and just need to buy the plastic to pump these out at home! :O

I don't know what will come next. I don't know if there will be a movie in the next 10 years or if the script will keep limping its way through development hell for the next decade. But I do know that the classic image of the core He-Man characters will always have a demand. I would be very surprised if this is the last line which creates classic versions of the core He-Man MOTU characters. Which is not to say that I expect every D-List character will live again, but the core will. Mark my words, there will be another classic Sorceress within the next 10 years. Will she be superior to this one? I really have no idea, but I won't go so far as to say I cannot imagine she might be.

hmmm I'd place a bet on that she doesn't...Seriously in 10 years? will any of us really want to buy another "classic" Sorceress.After the current Classics line is done,I am done! there is no need to go back and buy the same "Classic" characters all over again

hmmm I'd place a bet on that she doesn't...Seriously in 10 years? will any of us really want to buy another "classic" Sorceress.After the current Classics line is done,I am done! there is no need to go back and buy the same "Classic" characters all over again

Ten years ago I would have never dreamed I'd be spending money on He-man! You never know....

Let me put it another way, I don't think we will ever get an 80's Sorceress action figure ever again.

We will get many other versions of the character as we may see her in new movies, cartoons and comics.

You guys forget the movie that is currently been written.

This should inject some more interest in the brand beyond MOTUC.
Possibly. Didn't seem to happen with the classic/25th Anniversary GI Joes though. That line is an example I'm thinking of, in that the hype a few years ago led to the figures being valued higher than they are now. Admittedly, the rare ones are now more expensive, but in general their value dipped near retail for much of the line.

But GI Joe did go away for a good chunk of the '90s. It then reappeared in the late '90s/early '00s in a way that appealed to no one on a nostalgic level. The real nostalgic reboot was the 25th Anniversary line I am referring to.

I can't remember a time when I didn't see GI Joe or Transformers on the shelves.
Maybe GI Joe did go away for a few years but not for as long as MOTU.

Let me put it another way, I don't think we will ever get an 80's Sorceress action figure ever again.

We will get many other versions of the character as we may see her in new movies, cartoons and comics.

No one knows, but I would be very surprised if that turns out to be the case. IMO the classic vision of the characters will be wanted as long as there is interest in the MOTU.

Last edited:
No one knows, but I would be very surprised if that turns out to be the case. IMO the classic vision of the characters will be wanted as long as there is interest in the MOTU.

If this were Hasbro or anybody esle, I may agree with you but I just cannot see Mattel ever doing another line based on the 80's designs after this.

If MOTU ever got as big as say Batman or had a constant media presence like Transformers enjoys, maybe after a few different incarnations Mattel would revist the 80's designs. But MOTU will never be as big as Batman or Transformers to get that many incarnations to warrant a need to return to the retro designs.

I am probably not saying that as well as I would like but I think you guys get my meaning?!

If this were Hasbro or anybody esle, I may agree with you but I just cannot see Mattel ever doing another line based on the 80's designs after this.

If MOTU ever got as big as say Batman or had a constant media presence like Transformers enjoys, maybe after a few different incarnations Mattel would revist the 80's designs. But MOTU will never be as big as Batman or Transformers to get that many incarnations to warrant a need to return to the retro designs.

I am probably not saying that as well as I would like but I think you guys get my meaning?!

I've been thinking a lot about what I posted earlier and going back and forth about whether I was right. I think we can expect to see the top 12 or so figures again, in classic style, in our lifetimes. It's the deeper cuts which are so impressive about this line. There will never be another Karratti. There will never be another Fighting Foe Men. This line is something special because they are giving us such a wide line. It is unlikely we will see this again.

BUT the Sorceress - I still say we will see her in the classic style again... and more than once.

If nothing else, wait until 3D printing takes off. It will change everything about this hobby.

explain....

Is this 3D printing where someone can replicate just about anything in plastic form through computers and then moulding?

Back