Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing. The He-Ro shins and odd color pairing ruin this figure. He would've been awesome with the Keldor boots and a re-paint. Same with the other guy, with his more tech look, the He-Ro boots would've worked a lot better.

I've not been terribly impressed with the colors of the new figures this year. First it was the terrible colors on King He-Man, and now the FFM.

I think we can safely say he's won the MOTUC "Disco Skeletor" Award for 2013.

The Gay Ghost dressed better.

alphabetDC%20image%20gay%20ghost1.jpg

thats cause a redo line stops after a fell few waves if they get that far at all, look at Thunder Cats and the new Thunder Cats if their line was as full as the original people would be hunting those figures down but its not its 2 figs at 8" and 2 at 6" (they couldnt even keep them in scale with each other -_-) but points is the updates atleast the 8" were 100% cooler then the vintage the only problem is the line stopped, Motu on the other hand is still going and comparing classics to vintage the classics beats them hands down in terms of sculpt , playability, and character selection.

There's way more to it than that. You're not going to get this PoV very much out of a very specific forum/thread like this one, which is more or less devoted to contemporary, highly-detailed, highly-priced collectors' lines, but most toy collectors appreciate the nostalgia of "original" lines, the more "antique" aspect of vintage toys, the fact that the vast majority of toys before 1990 or so were not kept in pristine and/or unopened condition and are much more rare in mint condition, etc.

I have no information on actual numbers of collectors - whether there are more "new" collectors or more vintage ones, but you're not going to find the vast majority of the guys who prefer the old stuff in a thread like this, or even very active on forums like the .org. You're getting a very one-sided view/population online, most of the time.

This isn't even taking into account the trend we're seeing now with several lines, of companies releasing "new/updated" toys only to release a "better" version a couple years later, making that previous version obsolete to most. This is very common with Star Wars, comic book action figures of all kinds, Lego (mainly Star Wars, again), Transformers, increasingly with GI Joe, and Sideshow Hot Toys.

MOTU MAY be obscure enough that this is the exception. I, for one, can not fathom an improved line of classic He-man characters any time soon, if ever... But regardless, the originals ALWAYS remain collectible.

And as far as the playability aspect, vintage has it beat hands down simply because of the vehicles. Poseability and playability are not the same thing. :)

disagree. MOTUC are DAMN sturdy. one of the sturdiest toylines on the market now.

This, I 100% agree with. My nephews have a few MOTUC figures and they have held up quite well.

Goddess would probably be the only exception I can think of...

And as far as the playability aspect, vintage has it beat hands down simply because of the vehicles. Poseability and playability are not the same thing. :)
This, I 100% agree with. My nephews have a few MOTUC figures and they have held up quite well.

I have to disagree with you on that, I only display my pieces and I've already had ones break from stress or for some other reason; my guess construction issues, my Goddess is OK, but my Original King Greyskull broke, my Battle Armor He-man right out of the package, Battle Cat lose as a goose since day one, Lose ankle joints on multiple figure, a cracked chest on Chief Carnivouse, and that's not even counting production mistake , backward biceps or backward shoulders, incorrect weapons or weapons missing altogether.

Do you collect any other modern action figure lines? Those types of issues are pretty common across all lines with high articulation because there are so many moving parts. I have bought a few DCD/DCC figures and some had arms and legs fall off right out of the package. I've seen a good number of reversed parts on the new Marvel Legends figures and it was a common issue with the earlier DCUC waves. In my experience the MOTUC figures aren't any worse than anything out there right now. The vintage figures have the advantage of minimal articulation with fewer parts which makes them more likely to hold up with normal play wear.

There's way more to it than that. You're not going to get this PoV very much out of a very specific forum/thread like this one, which is more or less devoted to contemporary, highly-detailed, highly-priced collectors' lines, but most toy collectors appreciate the nostalgia of "original" lines, the more "antique" aspect of vintage toys, the fact that the vast majority of toys before 1990 or so were not kept in pristine and/or unopened condition and are much more rare in mint condition, etc.

I have no information on actual numbers of collectors - whether there are more "new" collectors or more vintage ones, but you're not going to find the vast majority of the guys who prefer the old stuff in a thread like this, or even very active on forums like the .org. You're getting a very one-sided view/population online, most of the time.

This isn't even taking into account the trend we're seeing now with several lines, of companies releasing "new/updated" toys only to release a "better" version a couple years later, making that previous version obsolete to most. This is very common with Star Wars, comic book action figures of all kinds, Lego (mainly Star Wars, again), Transformers, increasingly with GI Joe, and Sideshow Hot Toys.

MOTU MAY be obscure enough that this is the exception. I, for one, can not fathom an improved line of classic He-man characters any time soon, if ever... But regardless, the originals ALWAYS remain collectible.

i had the old vintage figures too you know and every he-man line after that (NA and 200x to the motuc). im sorry but lets face it the this classics line is way better in design then any other line offered of he-man. and for the record i didnt post this on a vintage forum so i dont really care what they have to cry about, so please stop defending people who are stuck in the past

As with 90% of all things Matty has put out for this line over the last couple of years, I have no clue who those guys are. But they are nice and colorful. Would no doubt have appealed to children in the '80s.

i had the old vintage figures too you know and every he-man line after that (NA and 200x to the motuc). im sorry but lets face it the this classics line is way better in design then any other line offered of he-man.

Not even my point.

I prefer the MOTUC line too. But in terms of collectibility, long-term? Vintage beats new, redone nostalgia lines nearly 100% of the time. Nearly. I even stated MOTUC might be the exception.

and for the record i didnt post this on a vintage forum so i dont really care what they have to cry about, so please stop defending people who are stuck in the past

For the record, you have a really douchy way of expressing your opinion, friend. :)

Let's not forget that you posted in response to something I had written, so I'm not really sure why you have a problem with me answering back. If you don't care why talk about it? :dunno :slap

I could but quite a few Hot Toys with my MIB Laser Light Skeletor I know that much.

That is because its a super RARE figure that only existed in Europe,never released in the USA.The rarity of that makes sense.
I have a buddy who owns that piece aswell

I wonder why a MOTU MOC Classics Fisto is selling for 150+ ,while I can get a carded Vintage MOC Fisto for 100 or less

so who more RARE? I think the MOTUC Fisto will keep shooting up because there is less made of him than your Vintage Fisto.That goes for all or most of the Classics Figures.

A loose Vintage Fisto in great shape I can get for $20....a Loose MOTU Classics Fisto loose commands $100...so who is really the winner based on value expectations??

The Vintage is great for its time,but there is no comparison today vs the MOTUC line

In hand I like her and am happy my Evil Horde is now complete. I think there's far worse figures, notably almost all of the Anniversary figures.

Do you collect any other modern action figure lines? Those types of issues are pretty common across all lines with high articulation because there are so many moving parts. I have bought a few DCD/DCC figures and some had arms and legs fall off right out of the package. I've seen a good number of reversed parts on the new Marvel Legends figures and it was a common issue with the earlier DCUC waves. In my experience the MOTUC figures aren't any worse than anything out there right now. The vintage figures have the advantage of minimal articulation with fewer parts which makes them more likely to hold up with normal play wear.

Hot Toys, MOTUC, Marvel Universe (when I can find them), and Heroclix are my last passions, and if the VEC (Virginia Employment Commission) doesn't help me find a part-time soon (because of being disabled) it want even be them soon.

Yay, finally have her. A friend of mine offloading his collection was kind enough to sell his to me.

IMG_9780 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I absolutely LOVE your photography! :clap

cool pic...too bad that figure is one of the worst figures in the line

You really think so? I mean, sure, she has no legs... but I think it's quite a striking figure. Really compliments the Horde nicely. :)

Back