Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding. Why even bother, Bandai? God, that company sucks.

I would have preferred them to be a bit larger, but the figures weren't bad. I can't believe we only ever got TWO, wtf.

HOOOLD ON NOW. Lets get somefacts straight.

Bandai most certainly DOES NOT SUCK.

Bandai makes some of the BEST Action figures on the market today.

Case in point, their D-art, and S.h. Figurarts lines are quite possibly THE BEST line on the market currently, period. And their Action figure model kits are nothing short of stunning.

59196_617259818301692_1352892950_n.jpg

UGE4AYi.jpg
DGFQWSs.jpg
ymJB1u3.jpg
8652416385_1587900369_o.jpg
8654063192_438a947d82_o.jpg

8653631901_565f0d0bb8_b.jpg
0bf7528f6a2aa7e5bbe09d5fc2232.jpg

but wait you say, You've never seen any of those toys in stores.

which is because we don't live in japan.

it's also worth nothing that Bandai NEVER had the thundercats license.
Bandai America had the Thundercats license.
you see, Bandai America is a american company, that is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from Bandai. They have licensing agreements with Bandai to bring some bandai products to the states, as well as make "low budget Versions" of power rangers toys to accompany whichever version is currently on the television.

and Bandai America ( A completely separate entity from Bandai, whom Bandai doesn't give two craps about, because they are "filthy Gaijin") Most certainly Sucks Sour Frog ***.

Just best to make certain you give blame where it is due.

Bandai most certainly DOES NOT SUCK...

blah blah blah ;)

What's all this crap you're showing me. Utter crap. ;)

and Bandai America ( A completely separate entity from Bandai, whom Bandai doesn't give two craps about, because they are "filthy Gaijin") Most certainly Sucks Sour Frog ***.

Yeah, I was talking about Bandai America. It occurred to me after I wrote that post that I should have been more specific. :)

Bandai most certainly DOES NOT SUCK.

Bandai makes some of the BEST Action figures on the market today.

Case in point, their D-art, and S.h. Figurarts lines are quite possibly THE BEST line on the market currently, period. And their Action figure model kits are nothing short of stunning.

59196_617259818301692_1352892950_n.jpg

UGE4AYi.jpg
DGFQWSs.jpg
ymJB1u3.jpg
8652416385_1587900369_o.jpg
8654063192_438a947d82_o.jpg

8653631901_565f0d0bb8_b.jpg
0bf7528f6a2aa7e5bbe09d5fc2232.jpg

but wait you say, You've never seen any of those toys in stores.

which is because we don't live in japan.

it's also worth nothing that Bandai NEVER had the thundercats license.
Bandai America had the Thundercats license.
you see, Bandai America is a american company, that is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from Bandai. They have licensing agreements with Bandai to bring some bandai products to the states, as well as make "low budget Versions" of power rangers toys to accompany whichever version is currently on the television.

Just best to make certain you give blame where it is due.

they did have the Power Rangers SAMURAI SHINKENGER SHINKEN GOLD and RED rangers at toys r us a while back though.

Funny, out of all of those lerath posted, the Power Rangers are the ones that intrigue me most...

Power Rangers was definitely after my time, but I did watch it out of a certain guilty pleasure in the morning before I'd go off to high school... :)

they did have the Power Rangers SAMURAI SHINKENGER SHINKEN GOLD and RED rangers at toys r us a while back though.

Funny story behind those. Bandai America has held a GLOBAL license for Super Sentai, ( or Mighty morphin power rangers, as it was known in the states) for AGES. they wanted to see if they could sell higher dollar, collectors figures in toys r us, and other american retailers. so they licensed those two from Real Bandai.

They did not sell very well AT ALL.

Because of this, Bandai USA finally relented, and let real bandai get back the japanese liscense for Super Sentai, MMPR , and now bandai is making those figures i pictured above.

Power Rangers will always be a repackaged Voltron to me. I may be old, but I'm old for a reason! :cuss

... Hate to break it to you....

but it's the OTHER way around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron said:
The original series was created by ((Peter Keefe and John Teichmann)) in 1984 using material that he had licensed from the Japanese cartoons Beast King GoLion and Armored Fleet Dairugger XV.

which, for the record, those japanese cartoons were made in 1981

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himitsu_Sentai_Gorenger said:
Himitsu Sentai Gorenger (秘密戦隊ゴレンジャー Himitsu Sentai Gorenjā?) is a Japanese tokusatsu superhero television series. Gorenger, created by Shotaro Ishinomori, was the first in the long-running Super Sentai series of tokusatsu programming. Airing on NET (now TV Asahi) from April 5, 1975 to March 26, 1977, the series had a total of 84 episodes. The title Toei gives this series for international distribution is Five Rangers.[1]

Yeah I was going to say Go Lion/Voltron wasn't exactly an original concept to begin with, though I was unsure of how far back the Super Sentai stuff goes.

edit: yeah Super Sentai first hit the scene in 1975 and Go Lion is from 1981.

I wouldn't be surprised if like most of anime genres and sub genres somewhere in his works Tezuka Osamu originated the team robot concept.

lerath, I know I should do my own research here, but any advice on a good place to obtain those Power Ranger figures? Did they make the "original" 5+Green Ranger team, by any chance?

Actualy, bandia JUST got Legal permission to make them. ( see above) red ranger and green ranger are first, followed by white. the other 4 HAVE been seen as prototypes, but no news yet. There is talk of a 4-pack of black,pink, yellow, and blue that will be announced by blufin at SDCC.

this is the only picture of the other 4 prototypes. top left corner

733848_10151335430281268_134747337_n.png

Oh, BTW, They might be american market exclusives.

As to where to get them?
Not yet released. but preorders abound.

Amazon.com has them with free shipping too.

green ranger
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BQ68RX4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1366830646&sr=8-1[/ame]

red ranger

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BQ68RX4/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1366830646&sr=8-1[/ame]

White should be up for preorder soon.

my turn to ask a question. what's the LARGEST Scale Skeletor from 200x series?

is there anything even remotely close to 1/6th?

Yep,
there were a couple of Rotocast figures, one of Snake Armor He-Man and regular Skeletor... they were pretty cool back in the day.
I've been tempted to get Skelly for a while now...

200x-rotocast-skeletor-front_full.jpg

Also there's the NECA statue, which was 15", but I'm not sure about it's scale... but it should be around 1/6 as well.

motu_skeletor_statue2.jpg

Back