Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got a Wraith Shotgun in the Spectre Pack. Now I see they are offering Elite Spectre Packs for 99,000.

Well, it looks like they decided not to wait til PAX to make their announcement

This summer will see a bunch of Hollywood blockbusters hitting the movie theatres, and you can bet your butt that none of them will have changed endings. However, BioWare has announced the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, which will add new ending cinematics in a free DLC pack.

Scheduled for release this summer, the Extended Cut content pack will expand upon the events of Mass Effect 3's conclusion with additional epilogue scenes, promising extra insight and add further clarity to the trilogy's grand finale.

"We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team," said BioWare Co-Founder, Ray Muzyka. "Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."

"We have reprioritised our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalised for each player, added Executive Producer, Casey Hudson.

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be free and releasing for download this summer.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11371-Mass-Effect-3--Extended-Cut-Announced-By-BioWare.html

I haven't gotten to the end yet, so I don't know if it's truly horrible. But I can't help feeling that people are being ridiculous and Bioware should stand up for what they created.

I haven't gotten to the end yet, so I don't know if it's truly horrible. But I can't help feeling that people are being ridiculous and Bioware should stand up for what they created.

I don't think they are necessarily changing anything, just adding more cinematics to explain things that are currently vague or not satisfactorily explained at the moment. I am pretty sure they already said that the overall ending will not change.

Full announcement.

Mass Effect 3: The Extended Cut

Free DLC pack coming this summer.

Free* DLC Pack to Provide Additional Cinematic Scenes to the Ending of Mass Effect 3 this Summer

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc. announced Mass Effect™ 3: Extended Cut, a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of the critically acclaimed Action RPG. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes. Coming this summer, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will be available for download on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC for no extra charge*.

"We are all incredibly proud of Mass Effect 3 and the work done by Casey Hudson and team," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder of BioWare and General Manager of EA's BioWare Label. "Since launch, we have had time to listen to the feedback from our most passionate fans and we are responding. With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision for the end of this story arc in the Mass Effect universe."

Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series added, "We have reprioritized our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player."

The Mass Effect franchise is one of the most highly decorated series in the history of games, having earned over 250 awards from critics around the world. Mass Effect 3 launched last month to universal critical acclaim, receiving over 75 perfect scores. For more information on Mass Effect 3, please visit https://masseffect.com, follow the game on Twitter at https://twitter.com/masseffect or "like" the game on Facebook at https://facebook.com/masseffect. Press assets for Mass Effect 3 are available at www.info.ea.com.

* OFFER EXPIRES APRIL 12, 2014.

Bioware Blog said:
An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the “Extended Cut” will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it’s at no cost to you – the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn’t:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?
For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?
No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?
Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding.

Summer is coming…

It doesn't really sound like there's going to be "radically" different endings like they've promised before the game launched.

What I'm wondering is if there is going to be any post-ending DLC. Getting more closure is great and very much needed, but unless they add post-end DLC, I doubt a number of people will bother picking up whatever DLC they currently have planned since it won't radically change to the game. They will probably just play their last save to see the new cinematics and that's it.

I'm sure they'll have different kinds of DLC, more missions and stuff.

They're already having a multiplayer DLC planned, which is good that they're supporting that stuff. Like currently with the challenges and the special equipment packs.

What I'm wondering is if there is going to be any post-ending DLC. Getting more closure is great and very much needed, but unless they add post-end DLC, I doubt a number of people will bother picking up whatever DLC they currently have planned since it won't radically change to the game. They will probably just play their last save to see the new cinematics and that's it.

Bioware have already stated before that all upcoming DLC for ME3 would take place during the game's story or prior. They have no plans for anything taking place after the game's ending.

The Retake Omega DLC is an example.

This is about as good as could be expected. BioWare caving and changing the ending entirely simply because of fan outcry would have set a terrible precedent, IMHO. This is an acceptable compromise.

Bioware have already stated before that all upcoming DLC for ME3 would take place during the game's story or prior. They have no plans for anything taking place after the game's ending.

The Retake Omega DLC is an example.

Well then I guess it'll be one and done for me. I'll just have to wait until all the DLC comes out and hope to remember that I never got around to actually playing it (has happened before).

Hey, if anyone wants to do MP this weekend hit me up. I'm going to try and get all my chars to lvl 20 and farm credits in silver/gold to get the elite spectre packs.

thanks for posting that plasmid.

I'm happy to here that we'll get some more closure and happy that it's going to be free. Summer? gives me time to replay

Back