Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, like you said Jen, just a further explanation would be nice, but I think we'd be crazy lucky if they answered even a third of the stuff you mentioned above.

It's good that you posted your top 5 moments. Some positivity in this thread would be good. My favorites pretty much mirror yours, and I'll admit my lip quivered during a couple of them. I'm not admitting that I cried, though. :)

Some stuff you hadn't mentioned that I really liked:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

There were a lot of great moments in the series and final game. I didn't realize that so many of your crew (current and ME2) could die based on choices you made. Thankfully I only had three who sacrificed themselves for the greater good.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Their deaths were noble and as sad as it was for me, I was okay with it.

Finished it last night. The endings, well I'm not so sure about them yet. I guess what pisses me the most is the mass relays blowing up, surely it wiped out the fleets as well as all the planets you've visited? And earth? So basically everyone is dead, apart from joker and the squad, only Shepard did it not the reapers? Meh.

Or do we discount what we learned in the arrival DLC and the planets are ok, in which case it still sucks as there's no space travel between them all.

Epic game though. Some great bits. Edi stole the show for me she was hilarious!

Also, jack died in ME2 because she wasn't loyal, so I never saw her though ME3 and also zaeed died in ME3, I'm guessing this is because he was'nt loyal at the end of ME2. Quite a few of the old squad died!

Last edited:
Finished it last night. The endings, well I'm not so sure about them yet. I guess what pisses me the most is the mass relays blowing up, surely it wiped out the fleets as well as all the planets you've visited? And earth? So basically everyone is dead, apart from joker and the squad, only Shepard did it not the reapers? Meh.

Epic game though. Some great bits. Edi stole the show for me she was hilarious!

Also, jack died in ME2 because she wasn't loyal, so I never saw her though ME3 and also zaeed died in ME3, I'm guessing this is because he was'nt loyal at the end of ME2. Quite a few of the old squad died!

Many ME2 squad characters die in ME3 if they were not loyal in ME2...and some die either way.

Yeah I know thane is a given. I understand you can save mordin somehow?

I must say i'm really glad I downloaded the Javik DLC. He is a great character and the glimpse into his cycle was great. Though I downloaded it quite late on so I never made the most of him.

And oh man, the moment you go into the main battery where Garrus is based only to be greeted by him and Tali having a moment was brilliant. The dialogue when they both try to explain the situation :lol

Anyone on here killed mordin when he trys to cure the krogan I done it last night very powerful scene

Do you have Wrex or Wreave? I won't say anything more....but just curious which Krogan is alive in your game.

Yeah definitely. Depending on who lives / dies the game is very different. I wish I had an xbox and the first game. I'd like to meet kaiden and wrex etc.

Yeah I know thane is a given. I understand you can save mordin somehow?

I must say i'm really glad I downloaded the Javik DLC. He is a great character and the glimpse into his cycle was great. Though I downloaded it quite late on so I never made the most of him.

And oh man, the moment you go into the main battery where Garrus is based only to be greeted by him and Tali having a moment was brilliant. The dialogue when they both try to explain the situation :lol

You can save Mordin if you have Wreave and destroyed the genophage research in ME2 and have a high enough paragon or renegade.

awesome now i got to play it again with wrex alive good thing about this game lots of replay value .

You have to sabotage the cure with Wrex in the game to get the twist. It may not be what you expect.

To know how they're feeling you do.:lecture

I do know how they're feeling. I've been reading way more than I should about the situation concerning the ending since I have been considering paying good money for the CE.

Some people including possibly many within Bioware, defend Bioware saying that the ending is the visionary tale crafted by them. That it's their story to tell. The ending is their vision, their art, and ultimately it ends the way they want it to.

Most fans are upset because they have spent countless hours playing the game, making connections with the characters, and making decisions that they THOUGHT were going to impact the narrative in a big way. They felt that Bioware deceived them at the end by making all their monumental choices irrelevant. They feel that the story was created for them with THIER decisions which would result in THIER story with THEIR own individual ending. The ending , they believe, belongs to them based on what they've gone through for countless hours throughout the trilogy, and the way Bioware marketed the franchise in the first place.

So,.... um.... what's not to get? How is my analogy off base?

Was wondering if you had seen my response Kidd.

Was wondering if you had seen my response Kidd.
I did, just didn't feel like it's worth the continued back and fourth at risk of an argument.

All I'm saying is... If you'd never been around death and then you know a friend who's relative/friend etc... dies, you can't say "I'm sorry, I know how it feels/I've been there." You can read the obituary, but only guess at how it feels.

Just as if you've never played Mass Effect, never invested 100+ hours into it, never formed a connection with those characters, you can't possibly say you know how we're feeling. You can read about it, know what the issues are, but you can't feel the disappointment.

Irish has played the games, seen the endings, he knows and is justified in calling me/any others, whiners. whether your analogy is spot on is one thing, but...well, just play the games first and get back to me. For all you know you could be making fun of yourself. Play em' they're an amazing ride (except the end).

I did everything possible in ME1 and ME2 ....and bizarrely this actually made ME3 a less interesting game ?
(don't get me wrong, it was still awesome but...)

So I read that Jack could be turned into a banshee and you made to fight her near the end? That would have been tragic and freaking awesome to experience.

Instead every one of my squad mates got a similar happy ending (except the ones that die no matter what)
For me the most impact was in moments where people you cared about died.

I'm still grieving for the very model of a scientist salarian LOL :D

I did, just didn't feel like it's worth the continued back and fourth at risk of an argument.

Irish has played the games, seen the endings, he knows and is justified in calling me/any others, whiners. whether your analogy is spot on is one thing, but...well, just play the games first and get back to me. For all you know you could be making fun of yourself. Play em' they're an amazing ride (except the end).

Um,.... I think there has been a HUGE miscommunication/mis understanding here between us.

My original post was a joking comment to IJ, who ironically hasn't even been apart of this conversation. I wanted the words to be exactly the same as his ( borrowed) with my own analogy pasted into his.

So I originally quoted him and tried to just to plug in my movie and characters instead of his. Like I said, it was meant to be a joke. I ended up having to change his original wording a bit to get mine to work.

EX:

His: "This whole sad situation is basically Stephen King's MISERY. BioWare is Paul Sheldon and the whiney fans demanding a new ending are Annie Wilkes."

Mine: "This whole sad situation is basically The Secret Window. BioWare is Mort Rainey and the whiney fans demanding a new ending are John Shooter."

I was trying to alter his comment with my analogy.

That's what I had tried to do, but I decided to alter it slightly because it didn't sound like a response to his this way.

:gah:

Our original quotes:

This whole sad situation is basically Stephen King's MISERY. BioWare is Paul Sheldon and the whiney fans demanding a new ending are Annie Wilkes.

I thought this was more like The Secret Window. With BioWare being Mort Rainey and the whiney fans being John Shooter. Both demanding that the ending belongs to them... :rotfl

If I can make another point, Even if I was personally calling fans whiners, I never, NEVER said that it was not justified.

I think the fans have a right to "whine" based on what I have heard abroad. If I was in the same situation as you all, then I can pretty much guarantee you I would be whining too.

Is this sounding accurate? Are we debating the whining part of my post? I had not realised that is what you were having an issue with. I thought you were having an issue with me saying Bioware believes they own the ending, and the fans believing they do...

I think we were arguing separate points of my post...:dunno

Last edited:
Yeah, Patrick Weekes, the writer who was responsible for Tali and Mordin's character arcs, had an account on the Penny Arcade forums, where allegedly he wrote that he and the rest of the writing crew were left in the dark by lead writer Mac Walters and Casey Hudson when it came to the game's ending.

It was announced today on Twitter that Weekes would be at the ME3 discussion panel at PAX East (Penny Arcade Expo, April 6th) to talk about the game and answer questions.

bb7efbcd.jpg

It's almost as if Bioware is throwing him to the sharks. I already feel bad for the guy if he has to do this alone.

I did everything possible in ME1 and ME2 ....and bizarrely this actually made ME3 a less interesting game ?
(don't get me wrong, it was still awesome but...)

So I read that Jack could be turned into a banshee and you made to fight her near the end? That would have been tragic and freaking awesome to experience.

Instead every one of my squad mates got a similar happy ending (except the ones that die no matter what)
For me the most impact was in moments where people you cared about died.

I'm still grieving for the very model of a scientist salarian LOL :D
Not Jack, since Banshees are made from Asaris with a certain gene.. think about that.

Back