Mass Effect 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a cool teaser, 2010 seems soooooo far away. :monkey2 And what's this about Shepard being KIA? I'm really anxious to play this! :banana

I doubt Shepard is dead. What interests me more is the geth in teaser - the N7 emblem on its chest adorned Alliance armor in the first game. Why's it on a geth?

I doubt Shepard is dead. What interests me more is the geth in teaser - the N7 emblem on its chest adorned Alliance armor in the first game. Why's it on a geth?

I Just think it's part of the teaser. It looks like a battle damaged Normandy and turns into a Geth.
I hope they bring out some more DLC while we are waiting for this.
The Batarians from Bringing down the sky might have a bigger role to play in part two, well I hope so anyway.
I must play this again. Maybe get me some lesbian action :lol

I wonder if they will expand on the Protheans and the Reaper storyline in the sequel. They pretty much explained the entire story in the first, wonder how it will come out.

Considering Bioware had states that the trilogy is shepard's story, I am not too worried about him/her being dead.....that was a cool teaser though!!!!

Thanks for the post...

It didn't look like it was on a Geth to me, it looked like it was on a dead body that the Geth was next to.

That's possible, but from the angle, it really looks like the shoulders and chest of a geth. If it is a dead body and a geth was just standing next to it, why would it be at neck height of the geth?

Also, I see wires sticking out right next to the N7 emblem. I don't remember there being wires and tubes on any Alliance armor that wasn't on the back. Geth are practically formed from wires and metal.

That's possible, but from the angle, it really looks like the shoulders and chest of a geth. If it is a dead body and a geth was just standing next to it, why would it be at neck height of the geth?

Also, I see wires sticking out right next to the N7 emblem. I don't remember there being wires and tubes on any Alliance armor that wasn't on the back. Geth are practically formed from wires and metal.

Maybe,but why would the Geth put on bloody human armor?

how are they going to handle the love interest part of the 1st one? ask you who you hooked up with in ME 1 at the beginning of the game? also how do they know who you decided to send on the suicide mission towards the end? i guess they could get you to answer questions at the start of the game.

Considering Bioware had states that the trilogy is shepard's story, I am not too worried about him/her being dead.....that was a cool teaser though!!!!

Thanks for the post...
its his story, but he doesn't have to be the main character. bioware can be very tricky sometimes.
how are they going to handle the love interest part of the 1st one? ask you who you hooked up with in ME 1 at the beginning of the game? also how do they know who you decided to send on the suicide mission towards the end? i guess they could get you to answer questions at the start of the game.
they'll probably do it like KOTOR. one ending from the first game is canon while you can answer questions in the beginning to decide what's going on in this one.

Hopefully they'll do what many RPG sequels do, read your save file from ME1 and carry your choices into ME2.

For new players, I guess it'll just assume certain choices. Who knows.

Maybe,but why would the Geth put on bloody human armor?

Perhaps something happened within the Alliance. Perhaps the Alliance were building geth robots of their own? Maybe it's Shepard's consciousness inside a geth body (that would explain the "Killed in Action" in the teaser). Maybe Shepard really did die, but not permanently. I don't think the geth was wearing body armor, I think the N7 emblem was on the geth's body.

All we can do now is conjecture and guess.

On their boards, Bioware is saying read the second book for those inclined (of course they would), given than it has a strong focus on the Cerebus organization meantioned in game one, but will be a stronger focus in game 2...

Now, if they did kill shepard...WOW! That would be shocking.

Killing Shepard would be going the easy way - it would allow them to not worry about what happpend in the first game and just continiue with a new story involving different characters. One thing I hated about KotOR2 was the fact that it didn't have any of the original characters in it. I want them to bring Shepard & Co back. I didn't go through all this s^^^^t with them, trying to save the galaxy to now have them dismissed like that. I want to see how all the relationships develop further, how the characters continiue to mature. Besides, with all the talk from Bioware about how they want your decisions to have an impact throught the trilogy, it would be stupid if Shepard was not there to see it.
I also hope they give us more of the developed worlds to explore. With all the races inhabiting the Citadel it would be great to see how some of their homeworlds look like. And hopefully they will not all be at war like in the first game. And I personally want to see Earth:)

Sexy trailer, thanks for posting it! I think there will be more to this story with the death of Shepard, i'm not 100% convinced he is dead.

It is probably a cover so he can go undercover. Or the next stage of a spectre is letting go of your past life and embracing your new identity like the Men in Black movie.

Interesting (minor) plot development based on Mass Effect: Ascension
Spoiler Spoiler:

The book Ascension takes place six months after the end of game 1

Interesting (minor) plot development based on Mass Effect: Ascension
Spoiler Spoiler:

The book Ascension takes place six months after the end of game 1

This happens in the ending of the Mass Effect game, doesn't it?
Spoiler Spoiler:

This happens in the ending of the Mass Effect game, doesn't it?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Beat the game so long ago, I don't even remember what happened at the end :rotfl:rotfl

Back