MARVEL'S: LOKI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was another fun episode.

The series feels similar in nature to the earlier episodes of WandaVision, with the retro appeal of the TVA stuck in the 1970s, and now the slapstick and bickering between Loki and Sylvie in latest episode, which recalls something like Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn in Bringing Up Baby.

Maybe I need to watch more Dr who if this is what it's like

I think it would be really cool to tie this in to wandavision, I can see a few ways that would work

I do see parallels to Wanda... because this show is equally as boring and stretched out.
Why do people always jump on the boring/filler episode bandwagon every time a show provides some necessary character development & background? If they didn't give us some of Sylvie's backstory people would be bitching about that. Also, Loki isn't Thor - there was always going to be more exposition & theatrics rather than brawling with the focus on him. Lastly, I think there may have been a lot more going on in that episode than what was apparent - i.e., Loki masquerading as a guard probably wasn't the only illusion being cast.

Why do people always jump on the boring/filler episode bandwagon every time a show provides some necessary character development & background?

This is not a fair statement. You're assuming its "necessary".

Wanda proved much of that show was not necessary but simply a gimmick. We shall see how much "exposition" is necessary in Loki very soon.

Nah, I think I'm team Buff in this one.. WandaVision worked for me better with all the "filler/gimmickry" than the usual repetitive slugfest at the end.
Similarly, I'm enjoying the character dynamics more than the "action" pieces so far.

I'm with Buff and Abake here. We learned a fair bit from this episode such as who the TVA operatives are and what is (probably) the backstory of Sylvie.

Also, anyone else think the entire episode is in one of either Loki's minds? Either Sylvie successfully enchanted Loki when she tried to, or Loki learned how to do it and has done it to Sylvie too. Something was off the entire way.

Interesting idea... the cliffhanger at the end could point to it being a fantasy designed by either one to get information from the other.

Speculating MCU TV is a dangerous game that I have no interest in participating lol
Hahaha yes after WV I am careful too. But reading around since I posted the above yesterday, it seems other people are theorizing the same thing from last episode. They found more "clues" to this, but for me it's the part where

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't actually make it to the end of the last episode. Over-produced, over-directed and over-acted. And they were the good points. I'm done with this thing. And don't get me started on the CGI...

Speculating MCU TV is a dangerous game that I have no interest in participating lol
8xiCG5NSlccxdampGC6SY137dbX70_IJaNhWeX624Q0.jpg

A...
Spoiler Spoiler:

...would be amazing!

I really enjoyed this one. I have to let this sink in so I can collect my thoughts though. 2 episodes to go. Things are escalating now.

Back