MARVEL'S: LOKI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I get you. This version wasn’t Kang though, so I’ll wait and see what Kang is actually like, assuming he’ll show up in Doctor Strange, because Ant-Man isn’t for another 2 years.
It was obviously Immortus though. The robes, the whole "that's a young man's game". Immortus is the old and wise version of Kang. If that's how they translate that version, I'm not holding out much hope for the mainstream one.
feeb1f5b839da78863c4e313cd112241.jpg

Idris Elba would have been good as Blade. I just wanna know how they’re gonna handle Vampires in the MCU. Probably alien virus or some bollocks.
Nah, they've already introduced the Darkhold. I'm sure they'll make them a product of that and Chthon like in the comics.

It was obviously Immortus though. The robes, the whole "that's a young man's game". Immortus is the old and wise version of Kang. If that's how they translate that version, I'm not holding out much hope for the mainstream one.
feeb1f5b839da78863c4e313cd112241.jpg

Nah, they've already introduced the Darkhold. I'm sure they'll make them a product of that and Chthon like in the comics.
I guess we’ll see, I have no real attachment to any of these characters from the comics, just bits and bobs I’ve learned over the years, so it doesn’t really bother me as much as it would others.

Huh.

I'm not ...

I don't ...

... I guess I'm underwhelmed.

It felt like an actual comic book from the early '80s meets Dr. Who with a pinch of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and a dash of Xena: Warrior Princess. A little Twilight Zone on top?

I see what they did and why they did it. I guess I'm not super stoked about how they did it?

One of the issues I have is scale. This guy was HUUUUUGE and they told this tiny story. Which I also understand, in a way.

Still underwhelmed.

I like it better than WandaVision and The Falcon And The Be Better Gang, but it's a low bar.

And while I don't think his acting was bad, I would have at least preferred a cold and serious character instead of yet another Quirklord.

I guess we’ll see, I have no real attachment to any of these characters from the comics, just bits and bobs I’ve learned over the years, so it doesn’t really bother me as much as it would others.
Fair enough. I don't care for the Captain Marvel stuff, for example so I'm not too angry at all the changes, but I get why other hardcore fans would be, which is why I'm pro-faithful adaptations. I'm more mad they wasted Jude Law. You get Jude Law and you waste him there?!

Fair enough. I don't care for the Captain Marvel stuff, for example so I'm not too angry at all the changes, but I get why other hardcore fans would be, which is why I'm pro-faithful adaptations. I'm more mad they wasted Jude Law. You get Jude Law and you waste him there?!
Yeah fair, I like Taskmaster so I was pissed at the changes for BW, other people don’t give a **** because they either don’t know or don’t care about the character.

Don’t even get me started on Captain Marvel :lol

Yeah fair, I like Taskmaster so I was pissed at the changes for BW, other people don’t give a **** because they either don’t know or don’t care about the character.

Don’t even get me started on Captain Marvel :lol
I'm mostly concerned on worrying for the FF & X-Men now. I don't have a good feeling about any of it.

Ok I liked this ending. Bit of a cliffhanger, but it sets up well for the greater MCU and the series season 2 as well.

I have just seen snippets of the final scene so far. At least they included the guy they should have included. Obviously not sure about the tone of it. Being reported that Loki will be in Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness.

I'm a bit worried how difficult it will eventually get to get a new fan into the MCU. You have an ever growing catalog of movies, and now you've got TV shows to catch as well. What happened in this episode has huge ramifications for the story of Phase 4.

I'm a bit worried how difficult it will eventually get to get a new fan into the MCU. You have an ever growing catalog of movies, and now you've got TV shows to catch as well. What happened in this episode has huge ramifications for the story of Phase 4.
Just caught the ending. This is huge. Phase 4 finally just got a lot more interesting. Looks like Spidey might be the next one to carry the baton for this, at least in the next biggest way.

Yeah I get you. This version wasn’t Kang though, so I’ll wait and see what Kang is actually like, assuming he’ll show up in Doctor Strange, because Ant-Man isn’t for another 2 years.

Idris Elba would have been good as Blade. I just wanna know how they’re gonna handle Vampires in the MCU. Probably alien virus or some bollocks.
This. As he indicated, he was the version from our universe’s future that was using the TVA to keep the stacked universes apart and that some of his counterparts are much worse. By killing him, Sylvie paved the way for one of the worse versions to cross over & take control. If this ties into the upcoming Dr. Strange & Spidey movies, I’m thinking it’s only tangentially and that any resolution will be saved for Loki S2. Or not. Regardless, I still want my Mobius jet ski moment lol.

I think folks were expecting a "big bad" reveal and instead got someone who was more understated, disjointed and teetering on the brink of insanity. The character was a blend of Immortus/He Who Remains. The actor, Jonathan Majors, deliberately played against type. He was weary, afraid and desperate. His citadel was beginning to crumble to ruin. I think Kang is going to blow people away when he actually arrives. I was never a big fan of the character when I was reading the comics, but the way he's been set up here has amped my interest a hundred fold. Kang is absolutely going to need his blue mask and super advanced technology. He should command a massive army and be a ruthless and terrifying dictator. This is going to be a tall order for Marvel to pull off.

The big bad is yet to come. Not sure if this Kang was from our Earth. Think he said a variant from another verse was the one to discover the multiverse. The conqueror might be from another verse than those two? This Kang knew what was coming and was clearly consumed by it and could only deal with it through a mad humor. There could be some tags in other movies leading up to this starting, but I see SM:NWH as the movie to really deal with what is about to happen.

I initially read that as 'not Kang enough'.

I like it.

So was the Thor1 Loki shot from him on the throne in this latest episode?

I've had sort of lukewarm-to-moderately-good feelings about the Loki show overall, but woah, the turn at the end got me painfully jazzed up. Definitely wasn't expecting that and really excited to see where everything goes now, especially with the character who was waiting for them at the end.

Back