MARVEL'S: LOKI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be absolutely hilarious if this was just stolen audio from one of Hemsworth's workouts. :lol

I liked episodes 1 and 2, 3 was meh, 4 was better but 5 fell flat for me

I feel like it's setting us up for a massive anticlimax, I don't think they've tried with the writing at all

Which is a shame as it had such potential

Just don’t expect anything big like I do. I don’t expect a game changer character to be revealed or anything like that. I expect that they’ll show another bottom of the marvel barrel character like Agatha whom you have to search the Internet to see who they are. But once they debut everyone acts like they always knew who the character was.
So yea. Expecting just a bottom of barrel Shang chi/eternals character to be revealed as the head of whatever is going on. It’ll probably tie into those silly films

ky6rb9uqbl771.jpg

Yeah, this is back to Marvel doing what they do best...connective tissue.

What exactly would you have wanted instead? Another pew pew CGI sky battle? :lol
Something more than a half-baked "tune in for Season two!111!!1" tease and an absolutely dreadful incarnation of Kang/Immortus. I'm pretty sure I've made enough posts all over the years on this board for my problems to clearly not be "NOOOOOO WHERE'S MUH BLUE SPEZ LAZER?!!111?!!1". It's capeshit, I'm not expecting Visconti, but I want a good time. Main Loki being a mumbling bufoon who's apparently lost all cunning, Kang/Immortus/Nathaniel being a 12 YO high on sugar and doing his best immitation of "ebin wacky quirky" and the episode ending with a subpar cliffhanger after all this cockteasing is not what I consider a good time.

Each to his own. I enjoyed it more than the other two D+ shows anyhow.

Something more than a half-baked "tune in for Season two!111!!1" tease and an absolutely dreadful incarnation of Kang/Immortus. I'm pretty sure I've made enough posts all over the years on this board for my problems to clearly not be "NOOOOOO WHERE'S MUH BLUE SPEZ LAZER?!!111?!!1". It's capeshit, I'm not expecting Visconti, but I want a good time. Main Loki being a mumbling bufoon who's apparently lost all cunning, Kang/Immortus/Nathaniel being a 12 YO high on sugar and doing his best immitation of "ebin wacky quirky" and the episode ending with a subpar cliffhanger after all this cockteasing is not what I consider a good time.

Each to his own. I enjoyed it more than the other two D+ shows anyhow.
Every MCU thing has been more or less “tune in for the next one” though.
I don’t think it was 12 uear old high on sugar, more insane by being burdened with unlimited knowledge of everything that ever was or will be. Kang himself will be much different I expect.

I need to watch the finale a second time anyway to fully decide if I liked it or not, I loved GOTG2 the first time then upon a second watch I was like “the **** is this”.

Every MCU thing has been more or less “tune in for the next one” though.
I don’t think it was 12 uear old high on sugar, more insane by being burdened with unlimited knowledge of everything that ever was or will be. Kang himself will be much different I expect.

I need to watch the finale a second time anyway to fully decide if I liked it or not, I loved GOTG2 the first time then upon a second watch I was like “the **** is this”.
There's teasing an extra and there's cutting any amount of closure.

I get that's what they were going for, isolation and all, but he didn't pull it off. That was a half-assed Mr. Mxzyptlk, not Kang. Or Immortus, for that matter. He even tried the whole "dropping the charade" bit but it didn't come off as unhinged, just a pouty kid throwing a tantrum. All I could think of was "I'm da Jokah baby". And honestly, I have no patience for more quipsters anymore. The show is filled with them, so I thought at least, at least the multiversal conqueror would be serious. But no, why do that? More quips! More zanniness! What's worse is that this was obviously their take on Immortus, and that makes it even worse. The guy just doesn't fit the role. He looks goofy, has no regality and so far his acting is high school tier. If you're adamant on racebending, you cast someone like Mahersala Ali. Now that guy's got finesse. I'd even have preferred the Gus Fring guy. Typecast as he is, he'd have fit. I suppose they wanted a cheap guy to kill time for Phase 4 until Doom, Galactus and the X-Men arrive and then they can start setting things up again.

There's teasing an extra and there's cutting any amount of closure.

I get that's what they were going for, isolation and all, but he didn't pull it off. That was a half-assed Mr. Mxzyptlk, not Kang. Or Immortus, for that matter. He even tried the whole "dropping the charade" bit but it didn't come off as unhinged, just a pouty kid throwing a tantrum. All I could think of was "I'm da Jokah baby". And honestly, I have no patience for more quipsters anymore. The show is filled with them, so I thought at least, at least the multiversal conqueror would be serious. But no, why do that? More quips! More zanniness! What's worse is that this was obviously their take on Immortus, and that makes it even worse. The guy just doesn't fit the role. He looks goofy, has no regality and so far his acting is high school tier. If you're adamant on racebending, you cast someone like Mahersala Ali. Now that guy's got finesse. I'd even have preferred the Gus Fring guy. Typecast as he is, he'd have fit. I suppose they wanted a cheap guy to kill time for Phase 4 until Doom, Galactus and the X-Men arrive and then they can start setting things up again.
I liked him, and majority of people in the Reddit threads seem to too. I haven’t seen him in anything else though, so I’ll reserve final judgement for his future appearances, but I don’t think his acting was bad. The only acting I thought was horrible was for Boastful Loki & Kid Loki.
Mahershala Ali is already in for Blade though.

I liked him, and majority of people in the Reddit threads seem to too. I haven’t seen him in anything else though, so I’ll reserve final judgement for his future appearances, but I don’t think his acting was bad. The only acting I thought was horrible was for Boastful Loki & Kid Loki.
Well, I don't care about reddit, only about what I see. Not judging, tastes and all. Just saying, I'm not liking him. Maybe he'll improve, but I'm not expecting much. Visuals play a large role and I just cannot take him seriously as a supergenius commander. It'd be like if you cast Jack Black as Mr. Fantastic or Seth Rogen as the Kingpin. You have to know what you fit.

Mahershala Ali is already in for Blade though.
I know, but that's the type of role he should've gotten; he's got elegance. Blade should've gotten to a tougher-looking guy. It's a shame they wasted Idris Elba, he's already got the Brit accent.

Well, I don't care about reddit, only about what I see. Not judging, tastes and all. Just saying, I'm not liking him. Maybe he'll improve, but I'm not expecting much. Visuals play a large role and I just cannot take him seriously as a supergenius commander. It'd be like if you cast Jack Black as Mr. Fantastic or Seth Rogen as the Kingpin. You have to know what you fit.

I know, but that's the type of role he should've gotten; he's got elegance. Blade should've gotten to a tougher-looking guy. It's a shame they wasted Idris Elba, he's already got the Brit accent.
Yeah I get you. This version wasn’t Kang though, so I’ll wait and see what Kang is actually like, assuming he’ll show up in Doctor Strange, because Ant-Man isn’t for another 2 years.

Idris Elba would have been good as Blade. I just wanna know how they’re gonna handle Vampires in the MCU. Probably alien virus or some bollocks.

Back