Premium Format Marvel vs DC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main focus is Marvel and LOTR, but, for DC I will get Joker and would be willing to buy Batman, Superman and Darkseid. That's it.

The entire Justice League will be difficult to pass on from SSC. But hero wise Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and The Flash are my only locks. Villain wise I want their counterparts in Lex or Brainiac or Bizarro, Joker, Sinestro and The Reverse Flash.

Batman and Supes are the only ones that I would consider locks of any kind. A lot with any DC PF items will be the timing in with my LOTR items and HT Marvel.

In my opinion WHEN Sideshow finally gets around on making a Two-Face & Mr. Freeze PFs. It would be phenomenal!

MR_FREEZE_freeze_gun.jpg

batman-3-two-face.jpg

I was going to get the recently announced Joker PF and was wondering who else that is a die hard Marvel collector is looking at getting the first in the line of the DC/SSC PF line

I had every intention of ordering the Joker PF until I saw the 1/6 89 Nicholson Joker and 89 Keaton Batman. I'm going with them instead.

Im down for most of the super powers toys i had as a kid being replicated in 1/4 scale besides the obvious batman and superman that if done right i imagine everyone will get, i think im looking forward to hawkman the most purely from a design standpoint.

Anything Batman related for me. I'm a marvel nut. However, for DC it's all about Batman for me. Oh yeah, gotta have Deathstroke as well. Slade is so bad ass.

I made the same mistake of passing on Doom and the Hulk PF. Now they're out of my league. I've lived in shame ever since. :monkey2

Doom bothers me a bit as does the original Cap PF. Honestly, as great as the Hulk looks (Andy did an amazing job) both Green and Grey I don't mind not having him.

Marvel has a larger amount of famous characters (Spiderman, The Avengers) but DC arguably has the 2 greatest comic book characters. I would never take sides when it comes to collectables though

Doom bothers me a bit as does the original Cap PF. Honestly, as great as the Hulk looks (Andy did an amazing job) both Green and Grey I don't mind not having him.

You're right. I like the Hulk but I would have preferred a 70s bronze era Hulk based on Herb Trimpe or Ernie Chan art. I was fortunate enough to get the Cap PF, original Iron Man Comiquette and the Thor PF.:)

By the way, thanks for the great job on the photos at SDCC. I've followed your postings for the past three years at the Con. :hi5:

Well, for me and the hulk it's just that I like the character but never enough to buy something. Kind of dumb I suppose. :lol I had Cap in my cart at the time but wasn't sure I wanted to get into Marvel PFs. Now, that I've added some larger Marvel pieces it sucks a bit but that's the way it goes. Thor was mega impressive when I saw him at comic-con but passed on him since I had others. I'm a big Iron Man fan but not having that one doesn't bug me much, but that may be due to the fact I really love the Mark VI maquette.

Thank you for the kind words. :duff I try my best to do the best I can and help anyone not going enjoy the show as much as I do.

Well, for me and the hulk it's just that I like the character but never enough to buy something. Kind of dumb I suppose. :lol I had Cap in my cart at the time but wasn't sure I wanted to get into Marvel PFs. Now, that I've added some larger Marvel pieces it sucks a bit but that's the way it goes. Thor was mega impressive when I saw him at comic-con but passed on him since I had others. I'm a big Iron Man fan but not having that one doesn't bug me much, but that may be due to the fact I really love the Mark VI maquette.

Thank you for the kind words. :duff I try my best to do the best I can and help anyone not going enjoy the show as much as I do.

Problem is there is so much good stuff coming out now by SSC (DC) and Hot Toys, I just can't afford everything. I've become a focused collector not by choice but by finances. :lol

Back