Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been waiting for this show for a long time. I’m old enough to remember being excited when they almost brought her to film once before.
jo43wm84p9091.jpg

We’re living in a golden age of comic media.

Episode two.

It's only 22 minutes long, like a regular network sitcom, but I turned it off less than ten minutes in.

Is it "bad?" I don't know. You guys know I think almost everything is bad, mostly cause it's lazy and derivative and lacks any spark of originality. In that case, sure...it's "bad." It's lazy. It's so lazy. The whole "hook" of the show is the super-hero gimmick and even that is only used in a "Teen Wolf" way. Everything else is the same "single woman in her 30s trying to make it in the big city" tropes that we've seen over and over and over for decades now.

Her sassy best friend has a date but she has to go face her "crazy" family. Her boss is a jerk that doesn't appreciate her and there's another guy that she works with that's a total weasel. YAWN.

Also, in the few minutes I watched, the CGI looked BAD bad. As in, they probably spent all the money on the first and last episodes and the (few) shots we see of her as She-Hulk in between are gonna look like 2003 level special effects.

Her dad is played by Cousin Larry from "Perfect Strangers." He looks like he's about 100 years old. God....father time is such an fine fellow.

But is it "bad" in the sense that it's all about feminism and anti-male and "neuters" established Marvel characters, and blah blah blah? I have no idea, and I don't care.

And that's all from me. I watched the pilot out of curiosity but I can see now that there's nothing for me to enjoy in this show, so I'll simply bow out. Why watch something I don't like? So I can seethe and rage on the internet like a petulant nerd? "Waaah, Ms. Marvel is for little girls, and She-Hulk is for older ladies.....waaah."

Let it go. To all the guys that serve up outrage clickbait on youtube: this television program is not for you. You know this is told from a woman's perspective, BY women, FOR women....yet you're gonna waste several hours of your life watching it anyway, and even MORE hours of your life complaining about it?

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

Episode two.

It's only 22 minutes long, like a regular network sitcom, but I turned it off less than ten minutes in.

Is it "bad?" I don't know. You guys know I think almost everything is bad, mostly cause it's lazy and derivative and lacks any spark of originality. In that case, sure...it's "bad." It's lazy. It's so lazy. The whole "hook" of the show is the super-hero gimmick and even that is only used in a "Teen Wolf" way. Everything else is the same "single woman in her 30s trying to make it in the big city" tropes that we've seen over and over and over for decades now.

Her sassy best friend has a date but she has to go face her "crazy" family. Her boss is a jerk that doesn't appreciate her and there's another guy that she works with that's a total weasel. YAWN.

Also, in the few minutes I watched, the CGI looked BAD bad. As in, they probably spent all the money on the first and last episodes and the (few) shots we see of her as She-Hulk in between are gonna look like 2003 level special effects.

Her dad is played by Cousin Larry from "Perfect Strangers." He looks like he's about 100 years old. God....father time is such an fine fellow.

But is it "bad" in the sense that it's all about feminism and anti-male and "neuters" established Marvel characters, and blah blah blah? I have no idea, and I don't care.

And that's all from me. I watched the pilot out of curiosity but I can see now that there's nothing for me to enjoy in this show, so I'll simply bow out. Why watch something I don't like? So I can seethe and rage on the internet like a petulant nerd? "Waaah, Ms. Marvel is for little girls, and She-Hulk is for older ladies.....waaah."

Let it go. To all the guys that serve up outrage clickbait on youtube: this television program is not for you. You know this is told from a woman's perspective, BY women, FOR women....yet you're gonna waste several hours of your life watching it anyway, and even MORE hours of your life complaining about it?

stop-it-get-some-help.gif
I love this review! Haha! 🤘🏻

Yeahhhhh this show aint it.

for-you-bane.gif

I'm enjoying it. So far it's been a pretty accurate adaptation of She-Hulk from the comics. I love She-Hulk comics, particularly the John Byrne and Dan Slott runs (the popular consensus being that these are the two best runs on the character). Those books were and are a welcome breath of fresh air amongst the complex universe-spanning crossover conflicts that started to rear their head in the 90s and have over-saturated the comic book world ever since.

Not that respect for the source material should automatically mean one would like or dislike any TV/Movie adaptation, but I figure that if you like She-Hulk comics then you will like this show. If you aren't familiar with She-Hulk comics or enjoy your more serious/complex dramas (ala MCU Phase 1-3), then perhaps this isn't for you. I enjoy both.

It's been only 2 episodes out of 9 so far, so not going to judge the whole thing yet. That would be like reviewing a movie after just the first 30 minutes.

Back