Marvel Studios - Ms. Marvel series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh. I can always count on jye to post what I'm thinking but don't want to say out loud and have everyone judge me.
62E40519-4742-4711-B77B-573267343BE6.png

C55D7140-C3E4-4AE1-80F6-9A623CA7CF58.jpeg

I hope we get a Hot Toys figure of her based on the costume in the finale of this season, because the leaked costume she has in Marvels looks hideous.

The Ms Marvel series is enjoyable but is in no way on the level of what we’ve seen so far from Marvel. I have two little girls who are just really starting to get into comic book characters and all so they enjoy the series.

The series really seems to be aimed toward a younger audience as opposed to say, the MoonKnight series that is high quality and on par with what you would expect from Marvel.

The Ms. Marvel series seems to me like it’s more a daytime Disney kids show than an origin story that you would expect from the MCU. As a huge Marvel fan, I’m disappointed how it’s turned out as such an adolescent series but as a father, I’m glad it has my girls interested in superheroes.
I finished this show recently, and agree that this show is not as good as most other things in the MCU. I think it was fine, but not particularly noteworthy. I went in with as open a mind as I could, but I feel the story dragged unnecessarily, the acting was at times quite mediocre (particularly from some actors who had English as a second language), and the story just didn't feel really compelling or fulfilling when all was done. The Damage Control woman felt totally ridiculous, and the guy's mom from the other dimension was all over the place and hard to figure out. I was surprised to see it having such a high rotten tomatoes score, though I have to wonder if reviewers aren't giving it more of a pass than others since it checks so many inclusivity boxes. . . Having said that, I imagine this did speak to young folks and, possibly, those from other parts of the world in a way that other Marvel shows haven't. So, I hope that is the case. But I felt similarly about Moon Knight. The latter also didn't connect with me, and seemed less than what it could have been, though it had its strong positives (I thought the acting was exceptional on Moon Knight).

One thing I thought was very well done was the effects. The integration of her art into the live action story was really cool. And her powers were also really well done in my opinion. I thought Kamala was also really likable, and am curious about her role in future shows and movies.

**edit:

I just looked at the rankings of Marvel shows on Rotten Tomatoes, and Legion should easily be one of the top 2 or 3. That show was amazing. And Iron Fist wasn't great, but is it really a 37% while Ms. Marvel is 98%? I don't know about that. . .

Last edited:
I've never visited rotten tomatoes and I don't know why I'd ever start now. Isn't it owned by one of the very mega-corporations whose product it supposedly "grades?" Seems fully compromised and that makes it a complete waste of time.

Other people's opinions about movies and TV have never influenced my opinions. I don't really care about ratings, box office numbers, or frivolous "awards." All I've ever cared about is whether I enjoy something or not.

As for Ms. Marvel, I knew after watching the trailer that this show was 100% NOT for me. Why would I bother watching something I don't like? And furthermore, why would I do that and then COMPLAIN about it when I knew damn well I wasn't gonna like it in the first place??

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never visited rotten tomatoes and I don't know why I'd ever start now. Isn't it owned by one of the very mega-corporations whose product it supposedly "grades?" Seems fully compromised and that makes it a complete waste of time.

Other people's opinions about movies and TV have never influenced my opinions. I don't really care about ratings, box office numbers, or frivolous "awards." All I've ever cared about is whether I enjoy something or not.

As for Ms. Marvel, I knew after watching the trailer that this show was 100% NOT for me. Why would I bother watching something I don't like? And furthermore, why would I do that and then COMPLAIN about it when I knew damn well I wasn't gonna like it in the first place??
Certainly not as much as I would’ve preferred lol

I find IMDb much more useful than Rotten Tomatoes because it is normal people's rating and not out of touch, bought critics. Checking a movie or show's IMDb score has saved me from watching a lot of crap. I do ignore it on rare occasions, but life is too short to watch crap.

I too skipped Ms Marvel for the same reason as you.

Wait what? That got you to watch? Somebody put this man on the list !

Hey....I said I was "tempted!" I didn't actually watch it! Besides, I'm sure that was just Jye's clickbait description and not something Disney + would actually air!

I sat through the first four episodes of this. It's okay. I'll finish it just to see how it wraps up but the entire story structure (including characters and plot points) is basically the MCU version of Bend it Like Beckham, which is far superior to this show. This whole series could have easily been told in two hours. So much filler.

I sat through the first four episodes of this. It's okay. I'll finish it just to see how it wraps up but the entire story structure (including characters and plot points) is basically the MCU version of Bend it Like Beckham, which is far superior to this show. This whole series could have easily been told in two hours. So much filler.
And this is their best show lol

rick.jpg

My my my. I stand corrected!! That is indeed a hell of a lotta boobie and cleavage for a kid's Disney show.

Back