Marvel Studios - Echo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their powers aren’t really similar at all though.

How many white guys with super strength is there :lol
Well look at my statement again I didn’t say only derivative native american characters is the downfall of the genre I said derivative characters in general which means every single superhero regardless of nationality or skin color.

The entire industry is poisoned with derivative characters which only serves to dilute the core characters.

Well look at my statement again I didn’t say only derivative native american characters is the downfall of the genre I said derivative characters in general which means every single superhero regardless of nationality or skin color.

The entire industry is poisoned with derivative characters which only serves to dilute the core characters.
So I guess that means you've seen the light and will be selling all of your dollies, right?

So I guess that means you've seen the light and will be selling all of your dollies, right?
I actually only own core characters.

Iron Man and War Machine are different enough as core characters.

Same applies for Fett and Mando.

Cody and Rex, no problem.

Iron Man and Hulkbuster no problem.

But Eternals YUCK! lol

Thor yes Jane Thor NO!

Captain Marvels x 50 with same powers YUCK!

Spiderman x 50,000 (literally) with same powers YUCK no thanks!

Sorry but that also includes Miles, no thanks.

Carnage, dumb.

Wolverine yes, X23 no thanks!

Last edited:
I actually only own core characters.

Iron Man and War Machine are different enough as core characters.

Same applies for Fett and Mando.

Cody and Rex, no problem.

Iron Man and Hulkbuster no problem.

But Eternals YUCK! lol

Thor and Jane Thor YUCK!

Captain Marvels x 50 with same powers YUCK!

Spiderman x 50,000 (literally) with same powers YUCK no thanks!

Sorry but that also includes Miles, no thanks.

Carnage, dumb.

Wolverine yes, X23 no thanks!
Yes I can see drawing the line between main/core characters and the rest (especially if one wants to keep from going hog wild in this hobby), but I don't see how Fett, Cody and Rex would qualify and Miles would not. But other than Miles and maybe Spider-Man 2099 I really don't care for the multitude of Spider people in the Spiderverse - they do indeed dilute the property. If everyone is special than no one is. Of course depending on what her final outfit looks like I may be willing to make ONE more exception lol....

sydney-sweeney-1.jpg

sydney-sweeney-2.jpeg

Different hammer 0/10 unwatchable

View attachment 683855
So wait, with the quality of writing Disney has been putting out over the last several years, people expect these new DEI writers & directors who don't care about story and cohesion to actually even know the difference between a claw hammer and a ball peen hammer? :hammerhead:

Duh...:duh

:rotfl

Luckily they put their talents to better use rather than worrying about such trivial stuff. Echo's powers in the comics were lame. A street fighter would never want that, to be able to perfectly master any fighting technique/move that they see and is used against them. Pointless. SO we gave her better powers. Glowy hands that can do what ever needs to be done in the moment! :yess:

So wait, with the quality of writing Disney has been putting out over the last several years, people expect these new DEI writers & directors who don't care about story and cohesion to actually even know the difference between a claw hammer and a ball peen hammer? :hammerhead:

Duh...:duh

:rotfl

Luckily they put their talents to better use rather than worrying about such trivial stuff. Echo's powers in the comics were lame. A street fighter would never want that, to be able to perfectly master any fighting technique/move that they see and is used against them. Pointless. SO we gave her better powers. Glowy hands that can do what ever needs to be done in the moment! :yess:
Well that ability would just make her another Taskmaster, which no doubt would have led to as much if not more criticism. And I thought the glowy hands only allowed her to access the abilities that her ancestors had, like healing (her mom), shooting accuracy, etc.. I don't recall if they enhanced her fighting skill but then she was already the best fighter within Fisk's organization.

Well that ability would just make her another Taskmaster, which no doubt would have led to as much if not more criticism. And I thought the glowy hands only allowed her to access the abilities that her ancestors had, like healing (her mom), shooting accuracy, etc.. I don't recall if they enhanced her fighting skill but then she was already the best fighter within Fisk's organization.

I don't think too many fans would criticize giving her the same powers and making her the same character she actually is in the comics. I'd rather the MCU stay true to the comics. And how many people even watched Black Widow or remember Task Master? The male, I mean female character. Maybe if they didn't do a gender swap, they wouldn't have to worry about it. But these writers change everything which then becomes a snowball effect of problems.

The normies are confused and clueless anyway. They praise this crap and think it's great no matter how bad it really is. They can't bother to waste 30 seconds of googling to learn about a character for an answer.

Now she’s basically The Avatar.

I don't think too many fans would criticize giving her the same powers and making her the same character she actually is in the comics. I'd rather the MCU stay true to the comics. And how many people even watched Black Widow or remember Task Master? The male, I mean female character. Maybe if they didn't do a gender swap, they wouldn't have to worry about it. But these writers change everything which then becomes a snowball effect of problems.

The normies are confused and clueless anyway. They praise this crap and think it's great no matter how bad it really is. They can't bother to waste 30 seconds of googling to learn about a character for an answer.
I’ll be honest, I’d never heard of the character until she showed up in the Hawkeye series. I did read that there is a storyline in the comics where she ends up with the Phoenix Force and IMO what abilities they gave her in this series is preferable to (& more creative than) that. And copying a character’s abilities is still lame, regardless of gender. She’s smart and probably has mastered several fight disciplines - I don’t think her not being Taskmaster 2.0 makes her any less interesting as a street level heroine.

I liked what this show was trying to do, but the execution was bad.

D'Onofrio was so good in this series, he made everyone apart from Echo's grandparents look like second-rate stage actors. I guess trying to find a Native American deaf amputee for the role was tough, but Alaqua Cox just did not have neither the gravitas nor chops to carry her own show especially when pitted against D'Onofrio's Kingpin.

Also I don’t believe for a moment that Fisk wouldn’t have just learned sign language in 20 years for someone he essentially seed as a daughter.

Also I don’t believe for a moment that Fisk wouldn’t have just learned sign language in 20 years for someone he essentially seed as a daughter.
Actually, I like that he didn't learn sign language. It shows that he didn't particularly care enough to learn it for Maya. He only cared enough for her to use her.

Actually, I like that he didn't learn sign language. It shows that he didn't particularly care enough to learn it for Maya. He only cared enough for her to use her.
Yeah that only works if we didn't see him beat up an ice cream man for her as a child. He genuinely cared about her.

He learned multiple languages in Daredevil.

Back