Marvel Studios - Echo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeeeah. I've actually enjoyed more of the Marvel shows than most people here... but I was barely able to get through the first episode of this one. It dragged like hell and it's not a good sign that the best parts involved either Kingpin, Daredevil, or a flashback with Hawkeye we already saw before. Lol.

The lead actress made for an intriguing henchwoman in her first appearance, but just isn't compelling enough to watch full time. And much like with Rosario's stunt double in Ahsoka, it's painfully clear whenever they cut to the faster and superior fighter in the action scenes. 😄

Finished it. It was alright. The action was good but there’s not much of it tbh.

It’s really boring watching a show that’s mostly sign language… I like dialogue in my entertainment.

I love Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin but he looks so old now, it’s actually distracting. He’s not as believable in the physical department anymore imo.

Also her suit looks awful lmao.

Last edited:
Well atleast the daredevil show is coming. Perhaps it will set up a sort of street level event where Spider-Man and daredevil finally meet

Compared to other MCU lately this is great but it really isn’t. I’ve watched 2 episodes and it’s passable with some decent action. The fx work isn’t as bad as what I’d heard (no worse than some big budget movies anyway) and I loved the fight with DD. If that’s all he is in this show I’m happy :) I’ve watched that fight a bunch of times now and it is exceptionally well done.

My biggest complaints are the record breaking longest catch up in the first episode when it could have been a much briefer Previously On and the supernatural aspects which is yawn fest. I really like Alaqua Cox, get the impression I’m in a minority lol plus I don’t think anyone has mentioned Graham Greene who is awesome as always. As an aside I was looking up some of the actors, Maya’s grandparents were also together in Dances With Wolves!

IMG_1187.jpeg

We’re definitely never seeing Fisk vs Spider-Man at this rate.
Agree. When I think of some of the great Spider-Man fights in the comics it’s tragic how little they have actually mined from the great stories. Too wrapped up in multiverse and cross overs to write good stories anymore.

Compared to other MCU lately this is great but it really isn’t. I’ve watched 2 episodes and it’s passable with some decent action. The fx work isn’t as bad as what I’d heard (no worse than some big budget movies anyway) and I loved the fight with DD. If that’s all he is in this show I’m happy :) I’ve watched that fight a bunch of times now and it is exceptionally well done.

My biggest complaints are the record breaking longest catch up in the first episode when it could have been a much briefer Previously On and the supernatural aspects which is yawn fest. I really like Alaqua Cox, get the impression I’m in a minority lol plus I don’t think anyone has mentioned Graham Greene who is awesome as always. As an aside I was looking up some of the actors, Maya’s grandparents were also together in Dances With Wolves!

View attachment 683380

Agree. When I think of some of the great Spider-Man fights in the comics it’s tragic how little they have actually mined from the great stories. Too wrapped up in multiverse and cross overs to write good stories anymore.
And in the comics Peter is too busy getting cucked by some random guy called Paul :lol.

I just can’t myself to watch this although oddly enough I’vs always wanted to have sex with a deaf girl missing an arm or leg so I might give it a shot.
For real? lol not just one or the other but both those things. Have you at least bothered to learn to sign 'did you cum?' in case it happens? ;)

Jye what the ****
What are you saying disabled people shouldn’t be treated equally or desired?

:tap

Shame on you missing limbs and being deaf does not make them less human.

:thwak

She’s certainly way more capable than me I lift a tv controller she does martial arts!

If you think about it the reality is I’m actually way more sedentary and disabled than her!

I would marry her in a heart beat!

You need some self reflection lol

Last edited:
Yeeeeah. I've actually enjoyed more of the Marvel shows than most people here... but I was barely able to get through the first episode of this one. It dragged like hell and it's not a good sign that the best parts involved either Kingpin, Daredevil, or a flashback with Hawkeye we already saw before. Lol.

The lead actress made for an intriguing henchwoman in her first appearance, but just isn't compelling enough to watch full time. And much like with Rosario's stunt double in Ahsoka, it's painfully clear whenever they cut to the faster and superior fighter in the action scenes. 😄
Just watching the Drinker's synopsis and a few others - and I remember when I'd self-quarantine from the 'net to avoid spoilers like with Loki - and just the overviews made me so bored think I'll pass. It sounded like the Hallmark channel or something.

Am a long way from films like Civil War when the tension was just ratcheting up and up, or scenes like Zemo and Black Panther. :monkey2

Ie. It’s all the Russo’s/Markus/McFeely’s fault lol. They never should have left. And look at their own work post MCU. It’s sub-standard.

Ie. It’s all the Russo’s/Markus/McFeely’s fault lol. They never should have left. And look at their own work post MCU. It’s sub-standard.
It goes back even further IMO to losing Joss Whedon. He was the one, I believe, who mapped out (even if loosely, I dunno) a rough outline for things up until Endgame, his writing made The Avengers work so well - whatever people wanna say about it in retrospect, it was one of the best times I ever had in the cinema and one of the few times I've heard a whole cinema of people collectively laugh at individual jokes/moments and cheer and applaud and be totaly onboard. Then Marvel meddled with Age Of Ultron plus made sure Whedon was too burnt out to wanna do any more of them, the Russo's came on and were pretty good and kept some of that same energy and tone - but imo Markus and Mcfeely's attempts to carry on from Whedon from a writing standpoint... kinda feels like when pretty much anyone tries to do Whedon-esque humour etc but they just don't get it or how/when/why it works or can't execute it, most likely both, which I think is what actually has led to people being so tired with Marvel's 'quipiness' problem. I also feel like after Ultron, the blandness sloooowly starts to set in, overall, and characters become less delineated and it's just feels all a bit slacker etc. Granted this is in retrospect, at the time it still seemed juggernauty.

Feige could've tapped James Gunn to be in more of a central/Whedon role rather than just Guardians, and that probly would've been best case scenario, although I guess the proof of that will be in the DCU pudding hah. And he was the best writer who understood that the jokes need to be actually funny (mostly) and it has to actually be balanced with gravitas and who actually cared about the characters and would've planned stuff out ahead of time so that we would've had arcs that made sense and a sense of building something cohesive and some momentum... As many people have pointed out, nothing since Endgame has felt like it points anywhere. They talk about all the phases and I'm like.. wait, phase 4 happened already? And part of 'phase 5'? I thought I was still waiting for it lol. Which is Marvel's other biggest problem now; everything feels like endless waiting and never the payoff. No Way Home and Guardians 3 being two big exceptions. Everything else feels like 'this'll tide you over til such n such, waitll you see THAT'... but now I don't even have a roadmap in my head anymore for what 'that' is or when it's coming, or any confidence in it being any good so... yeh :/ like we're getting Fantastic Four next year, it shouldn't feel like this.

Yeah so I genuinely think this was probably the worst Disney+ show yet. Jesus Christ. Not even so bad it's kinda good like She-Hulk. Wtf were they thinking.

I liked how rather than her
Spoiler Spoiler:
That really worked for me. I also liked the more intimate story, her relationship dynamic with Fisk (& the parallels drawn) and how unlike him she ultimately rejected letting past tragedy define her.
Spoiler Spoiler:

But it did feel rather rushed at 5 episodes, especially considering that most of episode 1 was a recap of her introduction in Hawkeye. As a result, a seemingly important character like her cousin/sister ended up being only very thinly sketched out. Also, I thought Fisk’s henchmen really needed a more charismatic and intelligent leader than the caricature we were given. That guy was pretty awful lol.

So there’s a Native American superhero with energy powers in What If and now Echo.

Derivative characters is the downfall of this genre.

Back