Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old news but might as well, meet the new Captain Marvel...
images

Carol Danvers (a.k.a. Ms. Marvel)

Currently reading Children's Crusade & then X-Sanctioned then finishing Punisher MAX. (____ you Marvel!) :lol

Oh & Battle Scars, another "brilliant" idea by Marvel to make 616 Fury into "black" Fury to match the movie version. (Once again ____ you Marvel!)

?!?!?! What happened to white fury? Jesus Christ...

Battle Scars. Basically about everyone from Deadpool, Taskmaster, Serpent Society & S.H.I.E.L.D. looking for Marcus Johnson. Son of Fury from a former C.I.A. Agent he had relations with. Now he even lost an eye which practically makes him Samuel L. Jackson.

Hate how Marvel has to make the characters on their books look like their stupid characters/actors in films when it should be the other way around. Isn't that what the "Ultimate" universe is for?! "House Of Ideas" my ass.

Battle Scars. Basically about everyone from Deadpool, Taskmaster, Serpent Society & S.H.I.E.L.D. looking for Marcus Johnson. Son of Fury from a former C.I.A. Agent he had relations with. Now he even lost an eye which practically makes him Samuel L. Jackson.

What? How?

They were looking for him because of the Infinity serum that was running through his veins which he inherited from Nick Fury. Marcus had a friend with him helping him along since he was a part of the U.S. rangers always called him "Cheese" which ended up as Coulson.

Marvel basically stated they were catering to the movie goers, not exactly those words. :slap

They were looking for him because of the Infinity serum that was running through his veins which he inherited from Nick Fury. Marcus had a friend with him helping him along since he was a part of the U.S. rangers always called him "Cheese" which ended up as Coulson.

Marvel basically stated they were catering to the movie goers, not exactly those words. :slap

:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Thanks for the summary! :duff

He even got his hair burnt off to explain the bald look then they found out that Marcus' birth name was Nicholas Fury Jr. so now he's Nick Fury. Here's an excerpt on the last page of the book.

"What you've witnessed is the culmination of years of planning by the Marvel braintrust to give Marvel U its very own super-spy, one that serves the same role Nick Fury served in the Original Marvel Age of comics."

What a joke.

So what, bad ass, clint eastwood fury didn't cut it? What a crock of ____ :lol

With that logic, Banner, Stark, and the rest better start having illegitimate children to fill their shoes if Marvel is actually caring about time now. Those guys have been around since the '60's. Lame.

He even got his hair burnt off to explain the bald look then they found out that Marcus' birth name was Nicholas Fury Jr. so now he's Nick Fury. Here's an excerpt on the last page of the book.

"What you've witnessed is the culmination of years of planning by the Marvel braintrust to give Marvel U its very own super-spy, one that serves the same role Nick Fury served in the Original Marvel Age of comics."

What a joke.

Is this a somewhat explanation as to why we have a white n black Nick Fury? I never get or read into why they both have the same name and role.

I read the mini series without knowing (at the beginning) where it was going-- I just thought it was an Avengers tie-in... Fairly lame.

On another note, I really liked the Cap vs. Wolverine fight in Issue #3-- I especially liked how it ended. Good stuff in a so far average "epic" series.

Back