Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody bummed out by the lack of current marvel goodness? Dc are killing marvel in the sales. I'm a marvelite from way back but am not really enjoying much out of the house of ideas at the mo. Daredevil, moonknight have been the standout for me. Copiels art in Thor has been awesome. Apart from that.......

DC is leaving marvel in the dust with this reboot

I wonder how long that will last. Honest curiosity, not sarcasm. It's only month 3, and I've dropped 75% of the books I was pulling from #1's.

DC has very few A level Characters...Aside from Batman and Superman and perhaps a few iconic villains like Catwoman & Joker, pretty much everything DC has to offer is sub par next to Marvel

DC is leaving marvel in the dust with this reboot

I wonder how long that will last. Honest curiosity, not sarcasm. It's only month 3, and I've dropped 75% of the books I was pulling from #1's.

In my own opinion, the surge that DC has going on will eventually die down. The hype of the #1s will settle & only a few titles will really keep pulling their weight & with writers leaving their titles from such an early point & rumors of cancellations of some of the series, in my opinion speaks volumes already.

Some further info on the going ons with the DCnU.

Federico Dallacchio off Suicide Squad!

Tom Raney on Suicide Squad!

Keith Giffen not drawing O.M.A.C!

Scott Koblish and Scott Kolins drawing it all now!

Ivan Brandon off Men Of War! (But not till March)

Aaron Lopresti and Matt Ryan off Justice League International!

Marco Castiello on Justice League International!

Cliff Chiang off Wonder Woman! (But only for two issues!)

Tony Akins on Wonder Woman! (Ditto!)

Ron Marz off Voodoo because they want a “change of direction”!

Josh Williamson on Voodoo because he is that change of direction.

Change of direction including a crossing over, in part, with Stormwatch and Grifter!

Voodoo artist Sami Barsa not going anywhere!

Their editor, Rex Ogle, leaving DC Comics! Probably for Scholastic.

Gail Simone off Firestorm! (But also not till March)

Dan Jurgens off drawing Green Arrow (though he is still co-writing it)!

Ignacio Calero drawing Green Arrow!

Paul Jenkins and Bernand Change finishing their DC Universe Presents stint on Deadman for a three parter Challengers Of The Unknown from Dan DiDio and Jerry Ordway!

Gianlua Gugliotta and Wayne Faucher off Mister Terrific!

Jesus Saiz off Birds Of Prey!

Javier Pina taking over all art duties on Birds Of Prey!

Oliver Nome on Mister Terrific!

Marco Rudy, the first casualty of the DCU is on Swamp Thing instead of Yanick Paquette or Victor Ibanez! Yay Marco!

(Update: Scott Snyder underlines that Yanick is not off Swamp Thing in any permanence but that Marco is drawing #6… and it seems #4, not Victor Ibanez as DC lists)

John Paul Leon and Jeff Huet assist Travel Foreman on Animal Man!

Chris Spouse and Karl story replace… whoever is meant to be drawing Legion Of Super-Heroes!

Sholly Fisch replaces Joshua Hale Fialkov on the Action Comics backup before he even got a page printed

Nicola Scott and Trevor Scott replace George Perez and Jesus Merino drawing Superman for a few issues.

Some of these will be temporary changes, some are probably one of the “fill-in” issues that DC has been preparing for all the titles to help with schedules, and some are wham, bam, thank you ma’am!

Take your DC talk and go there.
I don't read DC for a reason.
It sucks.
If it is beating Marvel right now, it is only because they said "Hey, Marvel is kicking our ass, let's throw some/most of or traditional long running history out so we can rewrite some of our ____ty stories."

Marvel did this with the Ultimate Universe.
At least they only ignore some stuff here and there, rather than write the ____ out.

Anyways...... if you are talking in here.... keep it Marvel.

It sucks.
If it is beating Marvel right now, it is only because they said "Hey, Marvel is kicking our ass, let's throw some/most of or traditional long running history out so we can rewrite some of our ____ty stories."

At least they only ignore some stuff here and there, rather than write the ____ out.

agreed DC is garbage, and with ultimates at least they kept the regular vers going, so no skin off my @s_s

I picked up and read The Avenging Spider-Man, I liked it. Spidey has always been my favorite Marvel character and since I am getting back into reading comics again I may stick with this one, and try to get caught up on 'Amazing' as well.

It sucks.

It's all hype to attract new readers which will last them a few months.

Anyhoo, a handful of Marvel books got cancelled including Daken & X-23.
Also hate the fact that they're making Hawkeye look more like his movie counterpart.

PS
Hey Mithrandier, you think you can edit out the "Heroic Age" part of the thread title since that has passes. Better to just have the title as Marvel
Main Events (Spoilers). Thanks.

After being impressed with Rememnder's run on Venom, I've gone back and picked up the first 2 collections of his work on Uncanny X-force. Can't wait to read tonight. Sundays = Football and Comics :D

Avengers vs. X-Men will probably suck. I'm hopefully optimistic and interested to see where mutants who are on both an X-Team and an Avengers team lie but overall it feels like a smaller condensed version of Civil War.

I am very optimistic about the Scarlet Spider starting up after the New Year though especially considering it's Kaine.

Avengers vs. X-Men will probably suck. I'm hopefully optimistic and interested to see where mutants who are on both an X-Team and an Avengers team lie but overall it feels like a smaller condensed version of Civil War.

I am very optimistic about the Scarlet Spider starting up after the New Year though especially considering it's Kaine.

From what I know, Wolverine will be on the mutants side which will be the first time he'll be siding with Cyke after the whole "Schism" event.

I'm fairly optimistic with the Scarlet Spider title though, not a big fan of Scarlet Spider or Kaine but heard that it'll be like a violent Spider-Man.
So I'll be checking that out.

I'm liking that it's 12 issues long. And the writer ensemble is really solid for it. Cautiously optimistic reader, here.

Not sure, if this is right thread or not. But, I'm really enjoying Avenging Spider-Man so far. Just a fun read.

And the artwork is great.

Back