Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both pics posted in the IM eBay listing were taken from front view...
you need to request seller to send you more pics taken from rear view (close-up of shoulder blades).

His shipping cost of $150 is a killer !!! :google

I hate this guys auctions, all loud with the annoying giganto fonts, it spills out ID10T error!!! I've also seen for the millionth time this guy([email protected]) selling a IM!!!

Yup, I also seen him selling IM a couple of times in ebay. Damn!! AP version somemore... Don't be the next victim!! :gun

i did purchase a hulk vs spidey off this seller. i was also concerned about it's authenticity. after receiving it, everything seemed to be authentic (in my case) as for the rest of his items, you have to judge for yourself.
i could never understand how he ended up with so many im's though.:confused:
he did say at the end of our correspondence, that he was going to putting up some ap's soon, so i guess these are them and he did sell a ap dr. doom reg version a couple of weeks ago. about $1100 i think.
all i can say is, i wish i had his contacts.:lol

i'm not vouching for this seller, just letting you know how my deal went with him.

i did purchase a hulk vs spidey off this seller. i was also concerned about it's authenticity. after receiving it, everything seemed to be authentic (in my case) as for the rest of his items, you have to judge for yourself.
i could never understand how he ended up with so many im's though.:confused:
he did say at the end of our correspondence, that he was going to putting up some ap's soon, so i guess these are them and he did sell a ap dr. doom reg version a couple of weeks ago. about $1100 i think.
all i can say is, i wish i had his contacts.:lol

i'm not vouching for this seller, just letting you know how my deal went with him.

Hmmm, interesting so the plot thickens, yeah he could b legit who really knows, he could make himself some better auctions with actual pics and get rid of the sales pitch fonts and it would maybe put some more confidence in me to deal with such a seller...

Hmmm, interesting so the plot thickens, yeah he could b legit who really knows, he could make himself some better auctions with actual pics and get rid of the sales pitch fonts and it would maybe put some more confidence in me to deal with such a seller...

funny you should say that. in my talks with him i suggested that if he was selling legitmate sideshow pieces, then he should try to distance himself from others in that region that are known for recasts etc. one of the suggestions i made to him was to take specific pictures of each item, instead of using stock photos. he actually did for a couple of items, but now i see he's back to old stock photos.:confused::confused:
i guess the little bit of work isn't worth the extra money he could get. of course when you think about it, probably less than 1% on the general consumer even knows about recasts, so if your still getting the $$$'s out of the items why both going through the extra work??

funny you should say that. in my talks with him i suggested that if he was selling legitmate sideshow pieces, then he should try to distance himself from others in that region that are known for recasts etc. one of the suggestions i made to him was to take specific pictures of each item, instead of using stock photos. he actually did for a couple of items, but now i see he's back to old stock photos.:confused::confused:
i guess the little bit of work isn't worth the extra money he could get. of course when you think about it, probably less than 1% on the general consumer even knows about recasts, so if your still getting the $$$'s out of the items why both going through the extra work??

U know in my search for a Captain America PF, I was talking to two ppl on eBay and one of them I asked if he had any pics of the actual figure itself because in the auction he stated that he had pics but they were too big to upload to eBay so by request he would e-mail them to the bidder. Well, I asked him to e-mail them to me and they were photos of just the box (brown shipper that is). When I asked if he had any photos of Captain, he just said that he didn't want to unpackage him again... I was like WTF dude you tryn to make a sell here... (He was too lazy, so I called it like I felt, sort of like that MTV show "NEXT!!!!")

This other guy I asked about Captain and he's auction was really legit, had all the photos, etc except for the brown shipper, so I asked to see that and took pics immediately and he also stated that he's a serious collector and just minimizing his collection. He later took scans of his receipt for Sideshow, shipping receipt scans, with what he paid at cost from Sideshow, etc... NOW THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKN ABOUT!!!

What I learned not to do is not to buy any auctions that do not have original pics and/or the statue is coming from outside the US.

yea toe i agree, even though my experience worked out for me, unless i can get a steal of a deal, i'm sticking to more local items and way less frieght.

skiman, i saw that auction also, found that rather odd about the pics also, have seen some larger pic on ebay before. so that did not make sense or he was just to lazy. at least i found one off of the board here anyway.

i think with my recent purchases here, i will do most of my buying here if i can.

ps. my hulk spidey was legit, but it arrived damaged. damn long hauls just increase you risk also.:banghead:banghead

yea toe i agree, even though my experience worked out for me, unless i can get a steal of a deal, i'm sticking to more local items and way less frieght.

skiman, i saw that auction also, found that rather odd about the pics also, have seen some larger pic on ebay before. so that did not make sense or he was just to lazy. at least i found one off of the board here anyway.

i think with my recent purchases here, i will do most of my buying here if i can.

ps. my hulk spidey was legit, but it arrived damaged. damn long hauls just increase you risk also.:banghead:banghead

It was easy to pic out the bad seeds, I never was much of getting stuff overseas, I think I may of once gotten some 1980's Transformers from Australia but it took so freaking long and it was expensive for shipping...

Yeah your never too lazy if u r legit and need to sell or need the $$$! Somethn was up but I don't know what!

WHOA seriously, what happened to it! (The Hulk vs Spidey)

one of the lights were busted off, it's an easy fix, once i reattach, sand and match the paint. funny his fingers were perfect. but you could tell where they had been rubbing on the inside of the styrofoam. another trip around the globe and i'm sure they would been broke to.:lol:lol

one of the lights were busted off, it's an easy fix, once i reattach, sand and match the paint. funny his fingers were perfect. but you could tell where they had been rubbing on the inside of the styrofoam. another trip around the globe and i'm sure they would been broke to.:lol:lol

I'm thinking about saving some $$$ for the Hulk vs Spidey, how big is that thing, I guess I could look at the Sideshow website for dimensions but it really doesn't do justice to visualize until you actually see it in person!!! I think my wife is gonna freak if she sees another massive piece on my desk right now...

haven't heard of these been recasted or any fakes. i don't think you have to worry about this one, since the value of the piece wouldn't attract recasters.
as for the price of this one, i don't know if it's worth that much in north america, but down under with all your extra costs with shipping and everything it could be worth that much.

Back