Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS need to join eBay's VeRO (verified rights oowner) programme. This allows them to report items and have them removed, only a rights owner can do this.

Average Joes like us emailing eBay alleging something is fake will not gurantee removal unless eBay can see themselves that it is fake. They are not experts and will not remove an item purely on the word of an average Joe. The rights owner, SS, must join the VeRO program and request removal as they are experts.

Real or Fake???

I was going to report it, but I honestly don't know with this one.

Edit: funny, ryanfromIndiana already had it covered here. Auction reported.

Edit 2: my comment from other thread...

Man, copies are getting GOOD. styrofoam packaging and all. Obviously, to those that actually own a legitimate one, this one wasn't quite good enough, I'll leave that minor detail omitted, but only a matter of time before that is perfected as well.

What can SS do to make it even hard to copy original statues? I think a Hologram sticker placed on the box and/or base, that would be made in the states, might help.

Don't make the sticker in China (just be stolen and copied), and maybe reissue stickers every year, so if they are eventually copied, they won't be applicable to the newer stuff.

Last edited:
Are you guys telling me that the fakes even have SS Color Boxes with them now?!?!? If that's the case, are they even selling them with the SS brown shipper box as well?

Are you guys telling me that the fakes even have SS Color Boxes with them now?!?!? If that's the case, are they even selling them with the SS brown shipper box as well?

Yup. The fakes are everything the same except the foam carton.
Real foam carton = grey
Fake foam carton = white

See the attached link. The seller is banned! :monkey5

Real foam carton = grey
Fake foam carton = white

This is just sad. So basically, it's probably only a matter of time before they get the styrofoam carton "right" too. Is the base numbered and stamped with Sideshow logo, etc. too? :mad:

Did you report him? I did, and auction still up. Need more people to report it. Do your part.

Real foam carton = grey
Fake foam carton = white

Not in all cases. Some legitimate SS items have white styrofoam. Shoot, some even have actual foam. But I like the grey stuff the best.

This is just sad. So basically, it's probably only a matter of time before they get the styrofoam carton "right" too. Is the base numbered and stamped with Sideshow logo, etc. too? :mad:

Yes, sad. And they are numbered and stamped on the base. What's even better is that in the description they say, "Only 500 produced," neglecting to mention only 500 ORIGINAL produced.

I wonder if its just one big copy house spitting these things out or if it's several/many.

And I suppose a US company has no legal recourse against a company in communist China. That would be the only way to shut it down permanently, make an example, but never going to happen.

I wonder if its just one big copy house spitting these things out or if it's several/many.

And I suppose a US company has no legal recourse against a company in communist China. That would be the only way to shut it down permanently, make an example, but never going to happen.

It's probably the same damn factory where all those statues are made. They probably have a "replicas" division.

I'll disagree w/ the below statement because my replacement Sealth Iron Man came with white foam inside directly from Sideshow.

Real foam carton = grey
Fake foam carton = white

Does anyone know if the sytrofoam cartons, that these fakes are coming in, are embossed with the Sideshow Logo like the authentic ones are?

Original IM comiquette = grey
Stealth = White
Thing = White

It waries between PF's, but all PF of same type have so far had the same packaging. That's why I was saying we need something additional (i.e. hologram sticker) to tell real from fakes.

I'll disagree w/ the below statement because my replacement Sealth Iron Man came with white foam inside directly from Sideshow.

The SIM came with white styrofoam. The Red and Gold Excl. and regular came with gray styrofoam.

It's from Singapore. What do you think? It's pretty obvious at this point anything from Singapore is not legit 99% of the time.

Just the fact that it's an Iron Man Comiquette OVERSEAS would throw "red flags" everywhere.

Just the fact that it's an Iron Man Comiquette near an area that is known to have an inundation of reproductions would throw "red flags" up. From the looks of the pics, I honestly can't tell though. (Nothing against this seller because it could very well be legitimate.) But honestly, I wouldn't even bother bidding. I think jbinny has a Reg. IM Comiquette for sale on the boards here. Contact him if your looking for one here in the states.

Back