1/6 Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 3 Figure Speculation/Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fantastic list, but seriously, Marvel needs to develop a few Asian and Latino superheroes. Minority females (and females in general) are also under represented. We do have Captain Marvel and Medusa coming. Would be cool to see a Pepper Potts Rescue Armor show up, although Paltrow is not exactly action hero material. Who else is out there these days?

Hmmm most of what I want from Phase 3 are... Doctor Strange and Dormammu honestly (if he happens).

Really, after Ultron, I have very little motivation to grab anything else now. :lol

Possible "maybes" are Iron Man (CW ver.), Captain America (CW ver.), Loki (Ragnarok), Captain Marvel, and Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet. If Pepper ever gets a substantial role and if her Rescue persona is introduced in the MCU, then that would be tempting as well.

This is a fantastic list, but seriously, Marvel needs to develop a few Asian and Latino superheroes. Minority females (and females in general) are also under represented. We do have Captain Marvel and Medusa coming. Would be cool to see a Pepper Potts Rescue Armor show up, although Paltrow is not exactly action hero material. Who else is out there these days?

Why thank you :D

Rescue would totally be awesome!

Umm in terms of minority heroes, the first that comes to my mind is Kamala Khan. She's absolutely amazing and has, hands down my favorite book that Marvel is coming out with at the moment. It's fun, hilarious, and honestly reminds me of the joy I had when I first discovered Spider-Man. Maybe she can pop up in the universe after Carol makes her debut.

I'd also LOVE to see the Young Avengers and Runaways brought to the screen or Netflix soon. Not to mention Runaways was already in the works but was out aside for the first Avengers.

Umm who else...Latino and Asian superheroes...Psylocke comes to mind but she's X-Men. Silk is fairly new. Anya Corazon could be awesome. Sam Alexander. Monica Rambeau is a badass. OH AMADEUS CHO. I think Helen Cho is his mom so he could definitely pop up. Shang Chi can pop up in Iron Fist. And that's a I can think of at the moment. XD

I'd also LOVE to see the Young Avengers and Runaways brought to the screen or Netflix soon. Not to mention Runaways was already in the works but was out aside for the first Avengers

If Runaways ever became a thing, it would probably be the first time that I decide to get the entire team. :panic:

If Runaways ever became a thing, it would probably be the first time that I decide to get the entire team. :panic:

I'd LOVE to get the entire team. I wonder what people would pay for a 1/6th scale raptor. XD

I think this team can really resonate with audiences. As well as Young Avengers.

Untitled_zpsa2cde01f-6811.jpg

comics-runaways.jpg

Young_Avengers_Vol_1_10_Textless.jpg

A few notable figures I want from Phase 3 are:

Ant-Man
Spiderman (MCU version.)
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Drax (if they don't release GotG 1 version.)
Thanos (with Infinity Gauntlet)
Captain America (CW)
Iron Man (CW)

I would post more, but I don't want to be broke forever. :lol

I really hope they flesh out the MCU series, but I think we will probably get repeat characters in every film they are in :lol

I am skeptical that they will give us any Netflix characters or second tier characters like Sif, Heimdall, warriors 3, Yondu, Nebula, etc.

I really think Doc Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel will only get the main hero released, and we'd be lucky if we even get the bad guy.

HT is going to crash their figures worth if they keep releasing the same character over and over again (especially if they are the same head sculpts with minor differences). It seems like they are waiting to release Thor from AOU with Thor's TDW figure still being available (heavily discounted). Plus the two Black Widows and three Captain Americas using the same sculpt too. :lol

I really hope they flesh out the MCU series, but I think we will probably get repeat characters in every film they are in :lol

I am skeptical that they will give us any Netflix characters or second tier characters like Sif, Heimdall, warriors 3, Yondu, Nebula, etc.

I really think Doc Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel will only get the main hero released, and we'd be lucky if we even get the bad guy.

HT is going to crash their figures worth if they keep releasing the same character over and over again (especially if they are the same head sculpts with minor differences). It seems like they are waiting to release Thor from AOU with Thor's TDW figure still being available (heavily discounted). Plus the two Black Widows and three Captain Americas using the same sculpt too. :lol

Yea because they have not become 1/6 number one company by making the same characters over and over (terminator, alien, predator, iron man, batman). Other then ten years worth of business history you are right.

My wants so far:
Ant-Man
Crossbones
Wasp
Yellowjacket
Giant Man(?)
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Baron Mordo(?)

Yea because they have not become 1/6 number one company by making the same characters over and over (terminator, alien, predator, iron man, batman). Other then ten years worth of business history you are right.

I can personally say I feel no pressure to buy ANY HT figure from the MCU because I know they will eventually upgrade it and it will look better.

I have passed on lots of Black Widows because I know I can get an older one for cheaper and wasn't a fan of the newest version. Thor (TDW) can be bought for below MSRP as well and I am sure Cap (Winter Soldier) value will drop once the AOU figure hits the US. once the AOU Thor comes out, the value for their light armor Thor will go down too.

If the newer figures had different sculpts or something i'm not sure I would've passed. But as it is... it makes sense to me, personally, to wait for the next movie to see if I like the look better :lol If not, I can pick up one of the older figs for way cheaper. It's a win/win for some collectors that they release so many versions, but I don't think it helps their older figures values one bit (and the collectors who own those figures too)

As for figures I am personally interested in (if the characters show up in the films, etc)

Cap 3:
Scarlet Witch
Sharon Carter

Guardians of the Galaxy 2:
Angela
Nebula

Thor 3:
Enchantress
Sif

Captain Marvel

Secondary market worth has no effect of Hot Toys success. In fact, Howard intentionally brought the skyrocketing prices down to Earth on certain releases and stated he wasn't keen on it. That was in an interview a long time ago, and shortly thereafter Hot Toys released the Mark I 2.0 which pissed off a ton of collectors b/c the original was commanding $500 minimum secondary market.

Wow, that's a big scary list in the first post :horror The ones I would be interested in getting should they be made (at the moment :lol)....

Captain America: Civil War - Captain America & Winter Soldier

Still hoping for an Agent Hill to made at some point :pray:

Doctor Strange

Thor: Ragnarok
- Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Sif

GOTG2: Drax (if the one from film 1 doesn't get made), possibly would also pick up Rocket & Groot.

I want all Black Panthers. I want T'Chaka, Sy'an, and T'Challa.

The only figs I am even considering from Civil War are Black Panther, Spider-Man, and the Mark 46 Bleeding Edge

Back