Marfa's Doctor Who 1/6 David Tennant rework

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great figure, Marfa! The repaint looks great, far more natural than the original paint. Real hair is so tricky to do, but it can look so wonderful when done well. You definitely got that wild spiky look. A tiny bit of styling might make the hair look even better than it already does.

I love the blue suit and red shoes. (I haven't been able to get hold of a blue-suited Doctor yet, unfortunately.) You really improved the fit by tailoring the suit to fit the new body. He looks very dapper.

You made a great-looking trenchcoat too. Great job all around!

one more thing id like to add, i see there is a def polarization concerning sculpted hair vs real hair

Very true, it is an issue that I know I go back and forth on. Your last to pics where there hair has been styled really show how good it can look in this scale. While I don't trust it will always turn out this good (especially on non-custom figures) you and some others have made me a believer when it comes to custom work :duff

Very true, it is an issue that I know I go back and forth on. Your last to pics where there hair has been styled really show how good it can look in this scale. While I don't trust it will always turn out this good (especially on non-custom figures) you and some others have made me a believer when it comes to custom work :duff

i think its basically down to if its done well... this was my first "hairjob" and theres definitely room for improvement but i still think it stands to reason that if you are trying to recreate a 1/6 likeness the only way to totally achieve this would be to take into account the hair too and try to make that as real as possible also? anyways here are a couple more pics x
fulpose.jpg

Tdoor1.jpg

ten3.jpg

ten4.jpg

GQpic1.jpg

The hair looks great in the last two pics, I guess it just takes a bit of futzing (and maybe the angle?), huh? Great job again!

The hair looks great in the last two pics, I guess it just takes a bit of futzing (and maybe the angle?), huh? Great job again!

Thanks for the change of heart the pictures are not really in exact order i think as i photographed and styled him out i used hair gel to make it more slicked down on some of them ; )

You know that's actually kinda cool. Its a definate improvement on the stock figure and I had to smile when I saw it. Might actually try the same thing with mine.

Thanks for sharing that !

See, I'd been perfectly happy with my Tennant figure. After seeing this thread, now I'm wanting to transfer Tennant's head to one of those slim True Type bodies.

I blame Marfa, for making this custom look so good. :D

lol hey dont blame me! i seem to remember stealing loads of ideas from Vikki wen i first saw her stuff her tailoring is awesome!

i must admit the new true type slims really do improve the look of the clothes they take off the extra bit of bulk plus there great for posing .....

im thinking about re-rooting Marfa and giving her a more serious cooler look ... *puts it on the to do list!*

Marfa, this is fabulous! The slim body is SO MUCH BETTER and your repaint and hair is great. I have this figure too and his crosseyes are pretty horrible. haha. My hand isn't steady enough I think to do a good repaint though...! Congrats on an awesome job!

The TARDIS interiors in your newer pics, what's that...? did you make a TARDIS interior backdrop or something? :D

Marfa, this is fabulous! The slim body is SO MUCH BETTER and your repaint and hair is great. I have this figure too and his crosseyes are pretty horrible. haha. My hand isn't steady enough I think to do a good repaint though...! Congrats on an awesome job!

The TARDIS interiors in your newer pics, what's that...? did you make a TARDIS interior backdrop or something? :D

Thank you ; )
the Tardis backdrop is A2 colour print out of the interior pasted on curved card to make seamless backdrop ; )

If anyone is interested I have a spare brown suited CO Tennant. In my opinion a highly underrated figure that with a little work becomes a gem. Look at how amazing Marfa's looks. Beautiful work as always! Someday I'll gather the courage to try the real hair method.

Back