Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Routh IS now superman, if welling went in to the suit it would be a real downer for me.Routh was sent by the gods!

This would be ideal for me - a big budget "Clark moves to Metropolis and takes on the mantel" movie. They explain why Lex and others don't recognize him without the glasses (and I wouldn't have a problem with a Kryptonian induced world brain wash, makes more sense than a super amnesia kiss). Have Brainiac take on his true form to battle the suited Supes, have Zod take over Lex again but with some Kryptonian tech to help him - could be an awesome movie. Welling would need to buff up again - he's kind of let himself go since the early days.

You know, I had a similar idea last year after Smallville introduced Green Arrow, one of the best characters of that series. I think the current cast for Smallville is quite good and Welling looks a little more the part than Routh.
Nothing against Routh but he is a little on the thin side in my opinion. I would love a Smallville film, but with that being said I am not ready to give up on the Routh series. If they can do a sequel like Spider-Man 2 or X2 than they would be able to clearly say "We have a franchise."

There were definite problems with Superman Returns but nothing that a little tweaking can't fix. On Smallville I just want to see the day when Smallville turns the corner and Clark becomes the hero he is supposed to be. With Rosenbaum and Kreuk leaving the series I would like them to go out in a bang.

Personaly, I'd like to see them just end the smallvie series, and make a metropolis series, with him in the suit :D

Personaly, I'd like to see them just end the smallvie series, and make a metropolis series, with him in the suit :D

WOW, this thread really got derailed by smallville didn't it...damn that show....

ANYWAY, I would like to see brainiac or doomsday as the main villan for MoS. We already had Zod, would like to see someone else. Did anyone read JJ Abrams script for Superman? I though it was halfway decent with the villans (everything else would iffy), but the villans and actions were great. If anybody wants it, let me know.

New Sequel Rumors:

New Love for Superman?

Source: ZeeNews.com

Rumor has it there will be a new love in Superman's life for the sequel to Superman Returns. According to sources, one Priyanka Chopra is likely to play an Indian scientist and love interest in the upcoming sequel. It seems the director sought her out and judged her work, as the filmakers had been in search of an Indian face for a scientist. Allegedly, she has been offered the role, though no official word has been released.

priyanka-chopra-photo.jpg

New Sequel Rumors:

New Love for Superman?

Source: ZeeNews.com

Rumor has it there will be a new love in Superman's life for the sequel to Superman Returns. According to sources, one Priyanka Chopra is likely to play an Indian scientist and love interest in the upcoming sequel. It seems the director sought her out and judged her work, as the filmakers had been in search of an Indian face for a scientist. Allegedly, she has been offered the role, though no official word has been released.

priyanka-chopra-photo.jpg

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

The only love interest for superman is lois, anything else is retarded

With Singer at the helm, nothing surprises me now. I've come to grips that this franchise will need a Batman and Robin styled failure until its buried for a bit and then revived five years from now really well done. Too bad though since Routh for me IS the new Superman.

You need a new love interest to get that love triangle thing going and for Lois to get jealous. My pick would be Wonder Woman but whatever.

With Singer at the helm, nothing surprises me now. I've come to grips that this franchise will need a Batman and Robin styled failure until its buried for a bit and then revived five years from now really well done. Too bad though since Routh for me IS the new Superman.

You never saw the POS that was The Quest For Peace????

I miss the good old days when Superman would just save people and wink at the camera.

You never saw the POS that was The Quest For Peace????

Yeah. Superman III was a real turd as well. The thing is Superman Returns failed to meet expectations and The Man of Steel looks to be heading down that route as well. :(

Not to mention Batman and Robin actually lost the studio money...not even modest or horrid returns. I think it's gonna take one of those

I have a hard time believing this rumor. Last anything was reported there wasn't even a script, so casting couldn't be an issue yet. I think some actors' publicists start these kind of things just to get some ink for their unknown clients.

The studio better take their time with this one. If it's as poorly written as Superman Returns then they're in trouble.

There are so many things I wanna say about Supes Returns and the potential sequel, but it requires a lot of swearing.

How many other villains does the Man of Steel have who aren't Lex Luthor?!

And if you're gonna write a sequel, how on god's green earth are you gonna answer the "his weakness is kryptonite, but he lifted up an entire island made of the stuff and hurled it into space and then took a nap," conundrum?

Don't get me started on Superboy. That's a load of garbage.

The sequel will probably suck.

I'll stick to the upcoming Green Lantern movie. That looks like it's being handled well.

The superman movie franchise is dead ATM....Last movie was craptacular.In fact only good supes movies that were good was 1-2 who were made 30 years ago....:google

Anyone sayin supes Return was good has no tastes in movies and shouldnt talk to me.

Back