Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

Maybe they will make the cast more mature to match Bale/Maggie/etc... i could see Snyder asking Carla Gugino to be Lois Lane.

Carla's too old now, still hot but too old.

My choice would be Zooey Deschanel.

I actually thought the Donner connection was the best thing RETURNS had going for it. Donner's SUPERMAN THE MOVIE is still the Bible of comic book films. IMO, they still haven't topped it. Films like TDK and IM come close, but wouldn't be the same without the template Donner, Mankiewicz and Puzo set in 1978.

If Snyder could keep a bit of that and throw a little Fleischer in, it'd be perfect.

I Called that snyder would get the director job, IM SO HYPE! He is a great choice IMO, Watchmen was an amazing film, very epic in scope and some of the best Action and effects for a comic film. Plus it was just so badass. I think With Nolan Producing, and Snyder in the DIrector chair, we have gold. Im so pumped!

And i still stick by my choice for SUPERMAN! TOM WELLING!
699x983-TW-Superman-2009--FIX.jpg

i don't know wht hat is. for some reason everyone thinks the costumes always need updating. WHY!?!

Wayne Enterprises' Superman Suit.

superman....he gets his speed through lightweight neoprene, and strength through electronic impulsed EMBEDED IN THE SUIT :banghead

And people were _____ing about the RETURNS suit?!

From Nikki Finki's blog...

I just spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into Warner Bros' long awaited next Man of Steel movie in development with Chris Nolan and David Goyer. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder, who directed Watchmen and 300, told me. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Awesome... I'm looking for to this now... I love what he did with Watchmen! I was a great treatment... I was surprised how much of the book it got into the film!

I hope for no more of a redesign than the returns suit... With out that t-shirt cut neck line!

This is about as much as I could tolerate, in terms of a redesign... Sorry but his suit is too iconic and he'd have to have the red trucks... Unlike this:
superman_rebooted.jpg

Thank God Superman is Alive and well....Snyder isn't my first choice but like someone already said, i'm just really happy something is happening!!!

i would Love to see Routh get another shot at playing superman, and being such a huge fan of Smallville i would also love to see Welling play him....i know these are long shots but would still love to see it!

as for Lois....Hmmmmm

I think if anything Returns showed that his suit doesn't need to be modernized much. The small changes they made just made it slightly more complex. I certainly hope we don't see anything like the TDK Bat LEGO suit.

Snyder can definitely pull it off visually and I love what Goyer did with Batman in Begins so this could be good. I do wish (as someone posted earlier) they'd give Routh another shot. he was perfectly cast in a flawed movie.

Oh please no more crappy costume makeover for Supes..I love CR Superman movies because they were at least faithful in costume. Tom Welling should be Superman...

I would personally like to see a manlier, older, and wiser looking actor play Superman than what we've had since Reeve. Superman looking like a model or soap star just doesn't work for me.

Back