Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

Hmm I'm actually a little shocked at this, given Nolans involvement this is a little out of left field for me, but I take comfort from Nolans involvement nevertheless as others have said

Yay. A gritty Superman from THE DIRECTOR OF 300 and WATCHMEN and produced by THE DARK KNIGHT's Christopher Nolan. With more slow motion....

Cynicism aside I do like Snyder, and think he'll do a fine job as long as the movie is hopeful and optimistic, not "dark and edgy".

I would prefer a dark story myself. Something that looks into the burden, and power, and lack of connection with humanity that being Superman must be.

While I respect your opinion, to me that's not Superman. I want my Superman heroic and inspiring. Kind and uplifting. Confident in his abilities, and seldom doubtful. While the elements you mention would be an interesting subplot, I don't want the entire film weighed down by them.

Superman's overall attitude and optimism are what separates him from the brooding responsibilities of Batman or the teen-angst mopeyness of Spiderman (Just MHO.) Still love all three though, just for different reasons. I never even liked Superman TAS growing up, because he came off as too ____-ish in that. I didn't become a huge fan or read the comics until I saw and really enjoyed the first two Christopher Reeve films.

I'm just glad SOMETHING is happening. (gotta be better than returns)

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't have a problem with that. I just feel that Superman isn't relative anymore unless you darken him up. For me I loved Superman growing up because of the reasons you mentioned Mirakle. As an adult now I just don't have the same sense of wonder about him, when I wanted to be him. I naturally have a more cynical view on life in general and whenever I go back to Superman I find myself trying to answer those questions about what it would really be like to be Superman. Especially in todays times. There definitely needs to be hope, but I'd like more than a smidge of dark as well.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xr799iX0qGo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xr799iX0qGo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

While I respect your opinion, to me that's not Superman. I want my Superman heroic and inspiring. Kind and uplifting. Confident in his abilities, and seldom doubtful. While the elements you mention would be an interesting subplot, I don't want the entire film weighed down by them.

Superman's overall attitude and optimism are what separates him from the brooding responsibilities of Batman or the teen-angst mopeyness of Spiderman (Just MHO.) Still love all three though, just for different reasons. I never even liked Superman TAS growing up, because he came off as too ____-ish in that. I didn't become a huge fan or read the comics until I saw and really enjoyed the first two Christopher Reeve films.
:exactly::goodpost:
Save that dark, brooding crap for Batman and Wolverine.

I agree that Supes should be uplifting and not brooding. But I'm still interested in seeing what Snyder does--I'm willing to give it a chance. He certainly has the eye to make a Superman movie look epic with spectacular action pieces. However I am concerned with how he will handle the "characters". Hopefully Goyer's script (and Nolan's supervision) is strong enough to carry the story.

He did a good job with Watchmen.

A better choice than anti-climatic Whedon for Avengers.

It'll be interesting to see how slow mo and "faster than a speeding bullet" combine. Does that make Superman normal?

The Matrix says "No."

dodgebullets.jpg

:pray:Snyder on board hopefully means a look akin to a live action Fleischer Superman animated serial movie.:pray:
I bet Nolan will temper his "style" somewhat though. :pfft:

Zod is one of the better baddies and deserves another chance on film. And who knows it could just be a set up type of dealio for a sequel.

I'm actually excited for Synder's Superman more than I originally was when he was rumored. After looking at Watchmen and 300 for that matter, he has shown he can take 2D images and make them come to life. Not fully excited that Zod is the rumored villian although seeing how much play he is getting in the Superman comics as of late I'm not surprised. Hopefully we'll get a really dark and gritty Zod and a bright and hopeful Superman as a constrast

hmmm now casting. I hope Matt Bomer gets it. Or Henry Cavill.

I got no problem with Routh, he was ill served with that last script and director.

Maybe they will make the cast more mature to match Bale/Maggie/etc... i could see Snyder asking Carla Gugino to be Lois Lane.

Back