Maglor's Art Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1110852.jpg

P1110853.jpg

P1110862.jpg

P1110876.jpg

MAD LOVE

MADLOVE.jpg

High res:

MADLOVE.jpg

^^^ Haven't taken a picture I'm more proud of than this one yet. I still use it for a wallpaper often.

Really like your lighting style, nice to be able to see all the stuff from threads I don't follow.

Really like your lighting style.

Appreciate it. You have been a big influence on me.

Most of the pics shown here so far are taken with my computer monitor as the main light source. :)

...nice to be able to see all the stuff from threads I don't follow.

Indeed. The highlights here spanned across about 50 pages in my main thread. :D

Indeed. The highlights here spanned across about 50 pages in my main thread. :D

I like to treat this section of the site as a place for the best of your stuff, and use the more "public" areas for sharing in bulk. I don't always like everything I post enough to add it to the highlight reel, but sometimes people like the ones I don't more than I do, so I just share everything I'm pretty proud of.

Your 89 Batman work definitely needs to find its way in here, the photos and the figure setups are really nice.

Mags, is this a good starter camera IYO?
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073HSK0K/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d0_g421_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=17W4JJV1GQTJXKZ2FJFZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

Well, the price is certainly right. But from what I can tell it doesn't have many manual functions. I would try and find out of you can manually set:

1) ISO [most important]
2) Shutter speed [this is usually a very limited function on a PAS, but any control is nice]

Then find a cheap tripod. Even a little desktop one would do the trick and is much easier to use than a stack of books.

Having a tripod is the thing that will let you play with lighting and still have sharp pictures.

Back